Chapter Eight: Temper

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Eclipse.
ItsJessMe
Settled in Forks

Post by ItsJessMe »

1. Now that we know more of the pack have imprinted, do you think Jacob will find someone to imprint on?
I have to admit, Eclipse has made me mostly hate Jacob with a passion, but i do feel for him. He has just lost the girl he loves to his worst enemy. So i think it is possible that Jacob will imprint, and i hope he does, because even with all of the evil, horrible things he has done, he still deserves true love.
2. What about Jacob's comment about all the legends being true, what other legends might there be?
Maybe there are legends that go into greater detail about the powers that the wolves have. Maybe they have more than just huge mucsles and claws. If its possible for the vampires, theres a chance it might be possible for the werewolves.
3. Did Jacob's reaction to Bella's revelation about being changed surprise you? How would you have reacted if you were Jacob?
It didnt surprise me that much, because Jacob does have a temper. But if i was jacob, i would be more sad than angry because i would be losing my best friend (and love) in a couple weeks.
4. Some have accused Edward for teasing Bella by buying the bed. Do you think Edward was wrong to have bought the bed given the fact that he can't sleep, nor does he intend to ever be with Bella in a more intimate way?
Hmm, i never thought about that. But I don't think Edward is mean enough to buy Bella a bed, just to show her that they really can't be intimate. Edward isn't cruel. I think he was just being, Edward. He wanted Bella to have a comfortable place to sleep when she stayed over at his house, and of course bought the biggest and fanciest bed money can buy. Its not teasing, its just Edwards indulging Bella, even when she dosent want to be indulged.
[img]http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5703/mybanner4865252a32992au2.jpg[/img]

twilightteacher
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightteacher »

1. Now that we know more of the pack have imprinted, do you think Jacob will find someone to imprint on?

I think Jacob is trying to imprint on Bella. Hmm it's just a hunch though. ;)
I hope that Jake does find someone (read: not Bella) to imprint on. I like the Jacob/Bella friendship, don't get me wrong. Jake is a great friend. I would want him to find someone that makes him happy the way Edward makes Bella feel. I feel bad that Jacob is holding a torch for someone that won't return the feeling.

2. What about Jacob's comment about all the legends being true, what other legends might there be?

I'm wondering if there are more legends about the vampire/warewolf relationship...legends that don't have happy endings.

3. Did Jacob's reaction to Bella's revelation about being changed surprise you? How would you have reacted if you were Jacob?

I wasn't surprised by Jacob's reaction. I was worried that he would phase. I think his reaction was right on for his character. If he didn't react that way it would have been odd.

4. Some have accused Edward for teasing Bella by buying the bed. Do you think Edward was wrong to have bought the bed given the fact that he can't sleep, nor does he intend to ever be with Bella in a more intimate way?

It definitely makes things interesting. I guess the most I can say to that is I don't think he was teasing her. I think a girl (or many people on the lexicon) can hope the bed gets some use ;)!

elysiepiecie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by elysiepiecie »

Of course, I think he has imprinted on Bella.

I'm not sure. Of course the legends of how they came to be, why they are like they are. I don't know'maybe there is a legend about a girl who affiliated with both vampires and werewolves'kind of like a prophecy. I think I'm getting a bit confused with Harry Potter 

No, not at all. If I was Jacob I would understand that she loves Edward and this is how she wants to be with him forever. I would not like the decision and may try to change her mind. After a while though, I would understand that it was a moot point and try to get as much quality time with her as possible.

In a way, I can understand what the others are thinking'but I choose to believe that he was just being courteous and thinking of Bella's comfort.

jaspersfanpire
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Resurrecting Edward from the book and into real life

Post by jaspersfanpire »

1. I think its certainly a possibilty that he could imprint. But considering that imprinting is supposed to be the exception, it would be wrong to have too many of the wolves do it. Since the pack is so large, its a given that a larger percentage of them would imprint.

2. I'm not sure. We'll have to wait and see.

3. I think his reaction was justifiable. I would have been mad too, considering that Bella becoming a vampire is Jake's equivalent of having her die.

4. I really don't think Edward had any intentions of teasing Bella. At the time, he just wanted her to have a comfortable place to sleep. He knew that he could never fully give way to his emotions with Bella and bake, so he wanted to be able to enjoy what he could to the full extent.
"I was with Edward in my happy place."