Chapter Nine: Target

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Eclipse.
Commiting it to memory
Settled in Forks

Post by Commiting it to memory » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:22 am

1. Who did you think the visitor in Bella's room was?
I thought Victoria instantly. Then Vulturi.

2. Do you think Edward was too harsh on Alice for not seeing the visitor? Why or why not?
Yes and no. He was just worried about Bella, the reason for his existence (As he put it. ^.^)

3. What do you think about Edward and Jacob's conversation and their sudden willingness to work together?
I thought it was about time. But, Edward is much too nice.

4. If you were Bella how would you feel about their conversation?
I'd feel odd, and extremely curious.
"But," Edward went on, "If I had been able to take your place last night, it would not have made the top ten of the best nights of my life. Dream about that."

<b><i>BURN.</b></i>

twilighter101
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter Nine: Target

Post by twilighter101 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:10 pm

Alphie wrote:Thanks to BME for the questions!

I thimk it had something to do with Victoria.

2. Do you think Edward was too harsh on Alice for not seeing the visitor? Why or why not?
I think that Edward was too harsh on Alice for not seeing. But it was only aggitation that made him lash out.

3. What do you think about Edward and Jacob's conversation and their sudden willingness to work together?
I think it was about time. (But something was up.)

I would feel confused. (Where did all the hostility go.)
Jennifer is a true Cullenist! I Love Edward and Jacob!!! But I love Edward more! I also love Ian! LOL :D
"If all else perished and he remained, I would still continue to be. But if he were annilated, the world would a mighty stranger."

"I held you in my hand Wanderer ande you were so beautiful."

twilightteacher
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightteacher » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:33 am

I thought it was Victoria at the time. But if it was I didn't understand why she would leave Charlie alive.

I think he was a little harsh on Alice. Her visions aren't perfect. Alice even admits that in New Moon (she says something like they rely on my visions too much sometimes). I think Edward was more harsh than he would have been if it didn't involve Bella.

I thought that was odd. I was hoping that maybe this would be a turning point for the two of them and there would be some sort of peace between them. I think friendship is a little too much to hope for.

I think I would be happy but waiting for the other shoe to drop.

elysiepiecie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by elysiepiecie » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:06 pm

Victoria or one of the Volturi.

I think Edward did over react a bit. It is understandable for him to be upset since Bella could have been in the room, but her visions are not infallible.

Finally, some common ground. Maybe this will make things easier for Bella!

I would be happy that they were talking and agreeing to be on more friendly terms. I would also feel a little upset that I needed all this protecting and I was putting both of them in harm's way.

jaspersfanpire
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Resurrecting Edward from the book and into real life

Post by jaspersfanpire » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:52 pm

1. I thought it was a member of the Volturi that the Cullens hadn't met. Edward said he didn't recognize the scent, and he would've if it was Victoria.

2. He was a little harsh, but he was just worried about protecting Bella and probably felt a little frustrated.

3. I thought their sudden kindness towards each other was just an act for Bella's sake. They decided to work to together so that they could better protect Bella. They wouldn't have worked together otherwise.

4. I would have been pleased that they were getting along, even if it was just an act. They were at least giving it an effort for her.
"I was with Edward in my happy place."