Chapter Seven: Unhappy Ending

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Eclipse.
losing feeling
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by losing feeling »

only going to answer the last question

5. i always disliked the fact that rosalie hated bella
but never hated rosalie
it makes sense but hardly any
it makes sense because bella has everything rosalie could ever want and bella is just willing to throw it away
she is upset that bella doesn't realize that she is leaving behind the picture perfect life that she thinks bella will regret not being able to have.

but it doesn't make sense seeing as rosalie would want her brother to be happy and he's happy when bella's happy.
bella wants to be with him forever
in our opinion, if you put aside the fact that he's worried about her soul and her not being able to have things a human could have, he is eager for her change
and rosalie doesn't seem to understand that

i don't know if anybody that read this had any idea if you understood what we said
[img]http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc274/oXDNAngelXo/twilight-2.gif[/img]

Snair94
Settled in Forks

Post by Snair94 »

1. What do you think about the track records Rosalie mentions, hers and the others? How many people do you think Esme has killed? Emmett? Alice?
I think its pretty scary to think about but there Vampires tries there best not to kill humans I think its seems natural that they might slip up once in awhile. Honestly I think Emmett killed the most people. I don't really know about the Esme or Alice.

2. What do you think about Edward's reaction to Rosalie being changed?
It doesn't suprise me that he reacted that way.

3. Rosalie set out to kill the men who had harmed her. Do you think any of the Cullens helped her? How do you think Carlisle felt about her killing people?
I do not think any of the Cullens helped her. Carlisle hates killing people he would never allow Rosalie to do that.

4. What do you think about Rosalie's reasons for disliking Bella? Do they make more sense now that you know her story?
I guess at first I hated Rosalie and I still kind of do. I think its stupid that she hates her just cause she's jeolous.

leahfellinlovwithtwilight
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by leahfellinlovwithtwilight »

1. What do you think about the track records Rosalie mentions, hers and the others? How many people do you think Esme has killed? Emmett? Alice?
its seems natural that they might slip up. its like someone eating tofu for a year and finally smelling steak. alice, i dont think she has a record, because she saw herself with carlisle. emmett probably let his ferocity get the best of him. it says so or along those lines in the outtake "emmett and the bear" on stephenie's site. esme probably wasnt too bad, because she's constantly with carlisle. its like openly cheating while the teachers looking.

its not suprising. even now, alice is still his favorite sister, and he knew her thoughts, which were probably a little vain, because of her reaction to the first time she saw herself after the change.

3. Rosalie set out to kill the men who had harmed her. Do you think any of the Cullens helped her? How do you think Carlisle felt about her killing people?
well, her and edward were basically the only ones who were around at the time she went and got them, and i dont think edward would have helped because he wouldnt have wanted to disappoint carlisle. i think he would have been dissappointed, but not completely because at least she didnt drink from them.

4. What do you think about Rosalie's reasons for disliking Bella? Do they make more sense now that you know her story?
i think that she should tone it down. i mean, she was selfish enough to want to change emmett, and she knows bella will die if she doesnt get changed, so she should at least try to see it bella's way, see that bella wants to spend eternity with edward. it makes little sense. she got changed, and it saved her and made her even more beautiful. she also would have never found emmett had she never been changed.
oh, and freekin team jane! hope she finds a nice vampire boy thats not quite as hot as edward, but pretty freekin close!

"when i got home, all my things were in the garage."
edward cullen

edwardaddicted93
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by edwardaddicted93 »

I was actually really surprised at how few people Rosalie killed, and more so that she didn't actually drink the blood. I really don't think Esme killed many people, that may just be because I see her as being too sweet and kind to do it. I don't think that Emmett has a very good track record. I can't really picture Alice killing many either just because of her personality, so I can't really say for her.

I'm not really surprised by Edward's reaction to Rosalie's change because he did think of her as a self-centered person. I'm glad they are like brother and sister now though.

I don't think the Cullens helped her because they all agreed to a livestyle that wouldn't harm humans and they all try really hard to keep straight. I think Carlisle was disappointed in Rosalie since he is really into keeping humans alive.

I feel really bad for Rosalie, I mean I'm annoyed by how rude she can be to Bella but I like her now that I understand. Yes her reasons make more sense and I feel pretty bad about hating her in the first place. :oops:
[img]http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll72/twilighterxeek/1174160560_ars3498224.gif[/img][img]http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll72/twilighterxeek/Twilight/brooms.png[/img][img]http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll72/twilighterxeek/Twilight/robmovie.gif[/img][img]http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll72/twilighterxeek/Twilight/Kellan.png[/img]

fanpirefreak
Settled in Forks

Post by fanpirefreak »

I was rather surprised that Rosalie had such a clean record. I would have expected her to have drunk a little blood over the corse of 100 years... As for Esme, I don't think so because she was with Carlisle and the bond there... I don't think she would ever want to disappoint Carlisle. Emmett's track record (*shudder*)... And I'm guessing Alice did slip up a bunch of times when she was a new born because she didn't know the rules or what she was at the time, but then she would have visions of the people she would kill, so maybe that would have stopped her... but she would still need to live off of blood until she found Carlisle

I think that it was a mixed combo of his hatred for this life and the whole soul deal,he was annoyed with the fact Carlisle was playing "match maker", and that Rose is not at ALL Edward's type or person (well, in this case vampire)

None of the Cullens helped her- she doesn't mention anybody helping her. And Edward doesn't like her so he wouldn't help her, Carlisle hate violence, and Esme would never betray Carlisle. And as I stated above: Carlisle hates violence. So he wouldn't approve of her action, but would most likely let it pass because- well, she does have a good reason.

I still don't think that Rose has a good reason for disliking Bella so much. I mean she can hate the fact that "Bella is choosing wrong" but that doesn't mean that she can hate her! It makes more sense to hate Bella out of vanity, like in the beginning.

valerrrria
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by valerrrria »

#4. I can totally see where Rosalie is coming from. She wants to be human. She would be anything to be able to have children, go grow old, to live once and live for real. Bella can do all this and she's choosing not to.

But what I dont think Rosalie realizes is that Bella is choosing this. Rosalie never had the choice, so I think mostly, she might just feel cheated and mad that she didnt get a choice.

twilightteacher
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightteacher »

I was surprised. I think it's hard to imagine based on Bella's description of the Cullens. It's hard to picture Esme killing people or even Emmett or Alice. I'm sure they did but it's not something I wanted to think about.

I thought it really showed how he is against bringing people into this life. I think it's because he feels like it is eternal damnation no matter how Bella tries to convince him otherwise. I also wondered if he was mad because he realized why Carlisle did it (as a mate for Edward).

I don't think any of the Cullens would have helped Rosalie. For some reason I feel like Rosalie would have wanted to do this on her own. I think because Carlisle is so against violence he probably wouldn't have been happy about her killing people. I think he would understand why she did it but not like that she did it.

I feel like I understand Rosalie a little more since she shared her story. I sort of "get" why she dislikes Bella so much now. I think though that she should try to understand that this is what Bella wants...even if it wasn't what Rosalie would have wanted. I definitely feel that it was important for the reader to hear this story about Rosalie.

elysiepiecie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by elysiepiecie »

I am not sure how many people Esme has killed. It is hard to picture her as slipping up since she is such a maternal figure. Emmett, hmm, I can see him messing up since he is very forward about everything. I can also see Alice messing up since she did not have anyone to mentor her. I would like the think that Alice had self control since she knew she would be finding The Cullens.

I can understand why he was a bit bothered. She was a name that would have been in the society column, she would risk their existence being noticed.

The idea that any of the Cullen's helping her never crossed my mind. I don't think that any of them did. I think Carlisle would have been upset that she killed, but understanding due to what happened to her.

I think that Rosalie's reasons for disliking Bella shows the human side to her. Having things, in this case mortality, that others don't are often a source of jealousy and dislike. After hearing Rosalie's story, it makes sense. It shows us that it is not just blind hate.

jaspersfanpire
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Resurrecting Edward from the book and into real life

Post by jaspersfanpire »

1. I was surprised that Rosalie had such a fairly clean record. But I guess that she would feel so strongly against murder (because of what happened to her) that she would be so opposed to drinking from humans. Considering Esme wanted to die, she probably felt differently from Rosalie, so she might have slipped up a bit. But then again, I bet Carlisle was very supportive and helped her restrain. We know that Emmett definately killed at least 2 people based on what Edward told Bella in the meadow. I bet that he has a bad record, but I could be wrong.

2. I think it was a little mean, but he was just worried about protecting his family's secret.

3. Rosalie didn't mention any of the Cullens there when she was telling the story, and I don't think they helped her. Carlisle was probably against the idea and might have tried to sway her decision, but in the end he most likely understood her feelings and reasons for doing so.

4. It was nice to finally know the exact reason why Rosalie didn't like Bella. But Rose really doesn't have a right to be angry with Bella just because she's jealous and thinks she's making the wrong choice. But its just that-Bella's choice, and Rose shouldn't interfere.
"I was with Edward in my happy place."