Chapter Five: Imprint

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Eclipse.
Ginnyelle
Settled in Forks

Post by Ginnyelle »

1. How do you feel about imprinting? i feel that it is ok in some ways like how u know who you will want to be with for the rest of your life and u dont have to keep dating people till u find the right one but it also can hurt the ones u love like it did 2 sam so it dippens on how it happened to u.
2. Does Sam's story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not?

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her? NO!!!!!!! PUT you are SELF IN JACOBS SPOT..... u best friend who u really like her boy friend leaves her and she is a total wreck she looks like she is a living zombie.. it hurts u so much. Then he comes back you are best friend goes back to her boyfriend like nothing ever happened. You are u happy u dont want to see her hurt again u want the guy to suffer for all the pain he has but her through wether she forgave him or not. you want to show him wat he did and wat she still remebers and wants u to know how much him hurt her. so know i dont think it was wrong edward needs to know what he has put bella though and face the consaquenses of his actions. ( oh and i really hate it when every one makes jacob the bad guy really think would you want you are best friend to get back to gether with the person who hurt her so much??? and u cant help the guy for loving his soul mate now can you??? so if u see it from jacobs eyes this was smart)

4. Do Bella's actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say?

5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones
"in case you haven't noticed, bella, edward is the teensist bit prone to overreation." - alice eclipse

Candy
Settled in Forks

Post by Candy »

1. How do you feel about imprinting?

I thought it was interesting and unique! When I first read the scene with Sam and Emily I almost melted. It makes me sad tho about Jacob; it seems to mean Bella isnt' the one for him because he didn't imprint on her, yet his heart is telling him something different.

2. Does Sam's story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compasionate towards them? Why or why not?

It did! It really changed my opinion about Sam too and now I adore him. I never really felt that the wolves really needed compassion, but I felt more for Sam when I heard his story.

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her?

It was a little out of line, yes. But they both fought dirty.

4. Do Bella's actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say?

They do! I think it's unfair to Jacob how she does this. She's old enough to know that boys of ANY age are going to take that the wrong way. She should have handled Jacob way differently, and now she's in a pickle.

5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones?

I think the advantages come during times of battle, but I see more disadvantages because I'd hate it if my mind was constantly being read by people who have no business reading them. How awful that would be.
[img]http://www.foxprints.com/candy/twilightbanner1.jpg[/img]
candypalmer.deviantart.com

vixxi
Settled in Forks

Post by vixxi »

It's a very interesting concept and it definitely makes sense especially in terms of them being part-animals. I love the ties to nature/fate in that way. I don't know if I really like it though because it seems so final and so much like "you don't have a choice," which I'm not big on.

Not really... every species has their history and that just makes them who they are, I don't think I feel more compassionate toward them.

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her?
Not wrong, perhaps. He wanted to hurt him and that was how he did it, but I think it was definitely a bit immature.

Yes. Frustrating.

5. What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones?
It would definitely suck not being able to keep secrets but they're a big family now and I think its important that they keep up with each other's emotions and feelings so there's no miscommunication that could get them hurt (e.g. what happened to the Cullens at the end of New Moon)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/vixxi/twilight/be_ban.jpg[/img]

<b>"Dream about that."</b>
<a href="http://www.thatlove.org">creative portfolio</a>

Lovewithoutregrets
Settled in Forks

Post by Lovewithoutregrets »

I think imprinting is a strange and I would hate to be a werewolf.

I've always been a fan of Sam and this love triangle thingy doesnt really make a big diffrence. If anything it makes me feel more sorry for what he has been through.

Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her?
Edward left Bella. I think he should have to live with the consequences of his choices even if he believed at the time that they were the right thing to do. As for Jacob intentionaly doing that to Edward, I think it was one of the only ways Jacob could truely cause him pain. If they were already fighting go ahead, Jacob, try your hardest .

Yes.I dont think it was right for Bella to do that because it complicates the situation for everybody because it sends a message to Jacob that maybe he still ahs a chance with her

I think the advantages are that events happening are displayed in the quickest way possible, though thought. I think it definaltely helps when on the hunt, but sharing your secrets with everyone is definately a major drawback. In the end i think if your going to phase then you might as well share all your thoughts. If you want to keep something prvate stay as a human.
"I love you,"I wispered. "You are my life now," he anwsered simply.

edwardstruelove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: rereading the twilight books again and again and again........and daydreaming about edward

Post by edwardstruelove »

I think that imprinting is very... weird and kind of sad. I would much rather choose the person to fall in love with. its not really the whole thing where you only love one person for your whole life because personally, I kind of like that about the twilight books. I'd just rather choose that person myself. I would hate to have to imprint.

2.Does Sam's story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compassionate towards them? Why or why not?
I think it makes me feel waaayyy more compassionate about them. It really is a sad thing to have to go through. I really respect and like sam for being so kind though, and he's trying his best. I feel really sorry for him though, because of the guilt he has to go through.

3.Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of Bella while he was away from her?
Well... hate to say it, because I love Edward and all, but he was right to do that. Of course, in my opinion, the reasons behind the choice were immature, but the action was right for a different reason. I don't think edward completely realizes how much pain he left bella in; how much bella actually loves him. I think that seeing that would give him more of an insight on how much bella loves him so he can stop acting like he loves her so much more than she loves him.

4.Do Bella's actions towards Jacob (promising to come back when Edward is away, holding hands with him instead of letting him touch her face) say something different than what she intends them to say?YES!!! my god, BELLA!!! POOR JACOB! she may not know this, but normal boy & girl 'just friends' relationships do not involve holding hands like that! and i really think that promising jacob she'll come back while edward is away almost makes it sound like she's cheating on edward with jacob or something. she doesn't realize it, but she is constantly tempting him with her actions.

5.What are the advantages and disadvantages of the wolves being able to see each others thoughts, even the most personal ones?
Well, the advantages are that the messages are delivered extremely fast. also, I think in a way, they are really close when they know what each of them are feeling, closer than a family really. They can react as one. Well, the disadvantages are obvious. No one really wants everyone to know everything they are thinking. Some things are better to be kept private.
[/b]
"Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars--points of light and
reason. ...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn't see the stars anymore, and there was no more reason for anything."

DarkWaterOfAPoisonousWell

Post by DarkWaterOfAPoisonousWell »

Guaranteed soul mate...and knowing exactly who that person is when you meet them? AWESOME. I want to imprint. And I think some of the wolves need to look at it as a gift instead of as the burden they see it as.

2. Does Sam's story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compassionate towards them? Why or why not?
Sam's story...I felt bad for him. But I already really liked Quil and Embry...so I wasn't anti-werewolf.

Definitely. He didn't do it out of concern for Bella's feelings to show Edward how much of a hold he has on her heart. He did it for his own personal gain. That's dirty and not acceptable. Just because Edward fought a little dirty too...doesn't make it okay for either of them. It made me realize how immature Jacob was...and petty. I believe that was the moment I really started to despise him. You don't put others in pain for your own personal gain while pretending to be a good guy...doing things like that makes you a destructive person. Only Jacob doesn't have the guts to admit it the way my lovely Jane does. <3 She's destructive and she knows it. Jacob is masking it in his "love" for Bella. I don't like people who aren't honest about who they are.

I sit on my best guy friend's lap...so maybe I'm not the best person to answer this question. haha The only thing that would lead me on was the hand-holding. But she didn't let him touch her face...which is far more intimate...so that should have sent the sign that there are boundaries and that being that intimate isn't what she wants for them. Promising to come see him...I do that to all my friends...and it so doesn't mean that I have more than friendship feelings for them. I felt like Jacob didn't really get her rejections...like he only saw what she allowed him to do...and not what she didn't.

Ick. To me the disadvantages heavily outweigh the advantages. That's mortifying in my opinion.
<center>[img]http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s163/CatherineHeathcliff/The%20Twilight%20Saga/G6.jpg[/img]
[size=75]*The humming, haunted somewhere out there,
I believe our love can see us through in death*</center>[/size]

sarahlynn
Settled in Forks

Imprint

Post by sarahlynn »

I find its really weird. I mean, real wolves don't do that, do they? So, where did this come from.

2. Does Sam's story make you feel differently about the wolves? Do you feel more compassionate towards them? Why or why not?

No, it doesnt. And, no i dont feel more compassionate towards them,i guess its just because im not too fond of the whole bella and jacob thing. Ive always seen them as the enemy, even though they arent. I guess you can say im 100% TEAM EDWARD!

YES! I never liked Jacob. Poor Edward. He was suffering enough .

I think that subconsciously, Bella has always loved Jacob, but in a different manner then the way she loves Edward. She never really realised it, because she was always tried to block it out and always be in love with Edward.

The advantages are that if one of them is in trouble, the others can come and help. I believe that the disadvantages are the obvious. they cant have a personal life!
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn225/JaneVolturi/l_209c8883c3aabbe37dfa0f5183ab0887.jpg[/img]

alsha
Wandering Through Town

Post by alsha »

i think that imprinting kind of sucks because you have no choice about who your going to love, but at the same time i kind of like the idea of having someone there who just lives for you it's just cute!!

it totally does i do feel compassionate about the wolves because it's really sad!! i SO would hate myself too if i had to leave the guy that i love just because i have no choice!! (i don't think i could live with the guilt of seeing him suffer because i hurt him)

3. Do you think Jacob was wrong to show Edward the images of
i think that Jake had no right to do that to Edward not just because i really do think that Edward is best for Bella but because everybody's thoughts just get into his head without him wanting them to... just imagine Edward having to face Carlie every day and Charlie having thoughts about what damage Edward did to Bella while he was away!!!!!!! i mean poor Edward!! he already knew enough of how damaged Bella was, Jake didn't have to remind him of it!! Jake was just being such a baby about it!! and i hate him from hurting Edward wich at the end hurts Bella and makes her mad at Jake!! can't he see that when he makes Edward sad/mad at him he makes Bella mad/sad at him too?!
Jake should just grow up!!
and i HATE Jake for not being man enough to just accept that he's doing everything for his own personal enjoyment!! i REALLY did feel ok about him until that moment!!

YEAH it totally does!! i mean when i tell a guy that i'm in love with someone that's not him i don't even allow him to think about taking my hand that's SO sending the wrong singal! is like telling him "here i am try a little harder and you might get somewhere!!"

admirallily
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: In a big white house in the forest by the river. They say vampires live here.

Re: Chapter Five: Imprint

Post by admirallily »

[quote="Alphie"]Thanks to Be My Escape for the following questions!

A: It takes away choice and that can be a problem. However it can be a solution for some as well.

A: No.

A: Absolutely. Edward doesn't always play fair and he likes to annoy Jacob at times but there's a big difference between annoying someone and enjoying causing them pain without the slightest hint of remorse for it. In those moments, Jake is less human than Edward.

A: Yes. She's leading him on, however unintentionally it may be.

A: Makes it easier to work together but also makes it harder face the others, to be so exposed.
[img]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i165/admirallily/17AgainQuotebyAL.gif[/img]
Hee! I crack up every time I see that clip!

Edward+BellaFan93

Post by Edward+BellaFan93 »

1. How do you feel about imprinting?I think imprinting sucks. I don't really understand it completely...but still..

No and no. I'm stubborn and I've never liked the wolves so that story is not going to change my mind. Vampires are always number one for me!

Yes! That was horrible. Edward was already upset enough about leaving Bella.

I think Bella sets boundaries with Jacob. It's fine for her to go see him. I don't like how they would hold hands...but I guess that's better than face touching.

Well, I can't really think of advantages to that. I know I wouldn't want anyone seeing my thoughts!
*I Love Edward Cullen!*
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
[img]http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll42/tara_176biz/Dir20en20Grey26.jpg[/img]