Chapter 2: Evasion

Our chapter by chapter discussion of Eclipse.
edwardaddicted93
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by edwardaddicted93 »

1. Compare/Contrast/or Speculate on your feelings about the days before your own Graduation with that of Bella's.

I haven't graduated yet.

2. What did you theorize Alice had seen?

I wasn't sure, but I knew Edward was really anixous about it and I knew Alice was in on it when he didn't talk. I had a feeling it was bad news though.

3. Did you suspect Edward had ulterior motives in wanting to go to Florida, and what did you suspect those motives were?

I thought it had something to do with Alice's vision because he seemed really tense about not going.

4. Without being graphic, compare Charlie's attempt at giving Bella "the talk" to your own experience with getting "the talk".

I never really got the talk. My friends were really the ones who told me about sex. My parents pretty much figured out I knew what it was and didn't really tell me anything.

5. Did Bella forgive Edward too quickly after he stopped her from going to La Push to see Jacob?

Yes, I think she should've put up a little fight about it. It annoyed me a bit.

6. Are you a person who forgives easily?

Nope.

natanyx
Wandering Through Town

Post by natanyx »

1. Compare/Contrast/or Speculate on your feelings about the days before your own Graduation with that of Bella's.

I was SO excited! Going to school was so ridiculously boring yet it was a bit hard to realize that most of my friends I wouldn't really ever spend much time with again. I was a bit nervous also, but that was more with not making a fool of my self during graduation rehearsal and graduation itself. :D

I was assuming it had to be something about Bella and Edward, perhaps more arguing over her visiting La Push, or something to do with the Volturi.

3. Did you suspect Edward had ulterior motives in wanting to go to Florida, and what did you suspect those motives were?
I didn't expect any ulterior motives, although looking back on it, the motives were glaringly obvious.

4. Without being graphic, compare Charlie's attempt at giving Bella "the talk" to your own experience with getting "the talk".
Bella was a lot more vocal than I ever was, haha. I just let my parents talk and hurried off once it was over.

5. Did Bella forgive Edward too quickly after he stopped her form going to La Push to see Jacob?
Since he has that big dazzle factor, part of it probably wasn't her doing. I was surprised at how quick she was to forgive him, but I also figured she was starting to see the boundaries.

Yes, yes, yes, it is horrible. I need to learn to stay justifiably angry. xD

twilightteacher
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightteacher »

I think I felt sort of the same as Bella. I wan't overly excited to graduate. I always sort of looked at high school as a stepping stone to college. I knew I wanted to teach and I knew what I needed to do in high school in order to get into a good college. Graduation just was an event that got me there.

At first I thought that she had seen Bella going to La Push and getting into some sort of trouble. But, when she kept talking on the car ride home and coupled with Edward's odd behavior I assumed that it had something to do with the Volturi.

I did! I knew this sudden urge to visit Renee in Florida wasn't just because Bella hadn't seen her mother in a while and Esme would be upset about the gift not being used. I was waiting for the rest of the chapter for the truth to come out.

Talk, what talk? I think it was assumed that I knew enough to be careful and all that stuff (rightly assumed I might add). God reading that conversation in the book was awkward.

5. Did Bella forgive Edward too quickly after he stopped her form going to La Push to see Jacob?

I was happy that she did forgive him so quickly. When she slammed the window shut I said "oh no!". After the events in the last book I wasn't quite ready for me Edward/Bella conflict. I was happy when she opened the window back up.

I would say that I am but at certain times I get to a point where I can't forgive someone anymore and then I'm done with them.

VPnymph
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by VPnymph »

Yes, I do think she forgave him to quickly but I have to admit I'm being a bit of a hypocrite by saying that because when I really like people I forgive them really quickly, It's an un-healthy state to get into!
People that I love get frogiven very easily but others get all my grudge power possible! :D
[img]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l292/Jack_has_no_chance/If-I-could-Dream.gif[/img] [img]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l292/Jack_has_no_chance/AliceAvatar1.jpg[/img][img]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l292/Jack_has_no_chance/JasperAvatar1.jpg[/img] [img]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l292/Jack_has_no_chance/TonksAnimated.gif[/img]

elysiepiecie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by elysiepiecie »

I was very nervous. I am a lot like Bella when it comes to not liking being the center of attention. Of course I like to feel special, but I get a bit embarrassed when a lot of attention is focused around something I'm participating in. It was even worse because I had to give a speech at baccalaureates and I graduated with the most honors and a whole bunch of cords. I was front row center during graduation and felt like everyone's eyes were on me'

I thought that Alice had seen something stalking Bella or something that would put her in danger.

I figured that there was some reason he wanted to get away since he kept pushing it on Bella. But, I also thought that Bella needed to use the tickets, so maybe he was just anxious to use them.

I don't think there was really ever just one talk in my house. My parents, especially my mom and I, were always really open. My parents were a lot like Charlie though in the aspect that if it was going to happen, that I needed to be responsible about it. I was a lot like Bella in having to explain that I was a virgin and that I didn't have any immediate plans in changing that either.

I'm not sure. I was a little ticked at Edward for being controlling, but I definitely understood his reasoning why. I think Bella could have stayed a little mad at him for a while. I really don't know how I would act in that situation.

Generally, yes. I want everyone to be happy, so I will forgive a person if that is what it takes. I do not hold grudges. I have forgiven people who have hurt me to the point of tears many times, and I have forgiven people who seem to hold a grudge against me.

jaspersfanpire
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Resurrecting Edward from the book and into real life

Post by jaspersfanpire »

1. I was a nervous wreck, while Bella mostly worried about what was going to happen afterwards. During the ceremony, I had to focus on not throwing up and standing up and stuff and the right times. Bella barely even knew what was going on during hers. Oh, except this was my middle school graduation I'm talking about. I'm only 14. Bella didn't have much to be nervous about anyway. She knew where her life was going and she wasn't giving up too many friendships.

2. I was scared, I didn't know what she might've seen.

3. I sort of suspected as much when he was being really mean about it. I mean, he was scolding her for wrecking her stereo and he was practically forcing her to go. He even disregarded her requests about not wanting to fight with Charlie when he went ahead and asked.

4. I never got the talk.

5. No, I don't think so. She understood that he just wants her to be safe.

6. No, NOT AT ALL. I hold a grudge over the smallest things for years. When I was like 6, my grandma yelled at me for something, and I've hated her ever since. Two years ago one of my best friends poked me in the stomach when I asked her not to, and I haven't spoken to her since. My unforgivingness is why I pretty much hate a lot of people I know.
"I was with Edward in my happy place."