Sequels

Discussion for Stephenie Meyer's debut sci-fic/romance novel. Now open for all discussion. Don't enter if you haven't yet finished the book!
diamond encrusted
Banging out dents with Tyler
Location: At Jeb's...uh..."house" with Ian, Wanda, Mel and Jared

Post by diamond encrusted » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:52 pm

krstn wrote:Okay Minireb123 stole the words straight from my mouth!!! I dont like Burns! Go away! lol

I see a total Jacob-Bella-Edward thing with Burns-Wanda-Ian happening... But I dont want it to! I REALLY like Edward, but I melt at Ian... He is TRUELLY the ultimate hunk :]]] So, I will be VERY SAD if I have to chose like I do with Jacob/Edward (TEAM EDWARD!).

I want a sequal, but only because I want to hear more about Melanie and Jared and Wanda and Ian.

But mostly I just want more Ian... What if Ian dies!!!! ???? AHK!
yes yes...I agree...Burns seems very nice to Wanda when they first meet...but then again...with her in her new body, thats kind of hard not to do...[By the way...i don't like her new body much...it doesn't seem to suit her...Wanda doesn't seem like a small giggly person to me...strong and composed she should be...]...

anyway...i wouldn't have to choose if that ended up the case...the Ian/Wanda/Burns...I would go for Ian All The Way!! and he makes me melt too...so wouldn't be able to stand it if Ian dies...I cried so hard last night when I was reading when Wanda "dies"...its so sad!!
[img]http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs30/f/2008/111/4/9/Bella_and_Edward_Banner_by_adeline_ninja.gif[/img]
[i]Dreaming of [b]Edward[/b][/i]
[i]Waiting for [b]Ian[/b][/i]
[b][u][i]Team Edward!![/i][/u][/b]
[b][u][i]Team Ian!![/i][/u][/b]

Avatar and Banner made by yours truly...[url=http://adeline-ninja.deviantart.com/]ME!!~ XD [please clicky!!][/url]

kitticat2
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by kitticat2 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:05 am

A'new'vampire'is'born wrote:
kitticat2 wrote:
edwards_brunette_bella wrote:
I agree! Wanda's percpective would be the best to continue it from. I really don't like the idea of the sequel being from the seeker's POV because I didn'd like the seeker. I don't think it would be much of a good book from her POV. It would have a bit of an edge to it though

And it still seems to me that Wanda's story isn't over...
Wanda's story is not over, don't worry! Garh! I'm still trying to find that link to when SM said the books will continue in Wanda's point of view in the sequels. I'm going to find it! I will!

Really, she said that! :D That would be so great..!
So I guess we don't have to worry then... hehe... :P :D :wink:

But didn't she say in one interview that she wasn't 100% sure about writing that sequel at all?? :?
Yes, she did say that, because she didn't want to make any gurantees to her fans. But after that she said that she would probably get around to it. I have a strong feeling we are going to get the sequels, I'm just not sure when. It won't be for at least 3 more years. Probably longer, if she decides to write something new after Midnight Sun But I think she really enjoys these characters and won't let them go just yet.
"I sat in the blackness of the big hole in the ground and grieved for lost souls with a human at my side."

diamond encrusted

Post by diamond encrusted » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:07 am

kitticat2 wrote:
kitticat2 wrote:
I agree! Wanda's percpective would be the best to continue it from. I really don't like the idea of the sequel being from the seeker's POV because I didn'd like the seeker. I don't think it would be much of a good book from her POV. It would have a bit of an edge to it though

Wanda's story is not over, don't worry! Garh! I'm still trying to find that link to when SM said the books will continue in Wanda's point of view in the sequels. I'm going to find it! I will!

But didn't she say in one interview that she wasn't 100% sure about writing that sequel at all?? :?
Yes, she did say that, because she didn't want to make any gurantees to her fans. But after that she said that she would probably get around to it. I have a strong feeling we are going to get the sequels, I'm just not sure when. It won't be for at least 3 more years. Probably longer, if she decides to write something new after Midnight Sun But I think she really enjoys these characters and won't let them go just yet.
I hope so I love the characters and the ending isn't a great ending if its the ending for the whole series if you get what i mean...
[img]http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs30/f/2008/111/4/9/Bella_and_Edward_Banner_by_adeline_ninja.gif[/img]

Avatar and Banner made by yours truly...[url=http://adeline-ninja.deviantart.com/]ME!!~ XD [please clicky!!][/url]

kitticat2
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by kitticat2 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:24 am

diamond encrusted wrote:
kitticat2 wrote:
kitticat2 wrote:

I hope so I love the characters and the ending isn't a great ending if its the ending for the whole series if you get what i mean...
I can really see this being SM's new "big" series. Well, I want it to be! But I think whatever she wrote, it would be amazing and we'd all fall in love with the characters. Just thinking and typing about future Stephenie books is getting me excited!

And I know what you mean. I thought the ending was cute, everyone was happy, but it definitely needs a sequel! Well, it doesn't need a sequel exactly, but i REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want one!!!

She can't just leave us hanging like that! Jared and Melanie are finally back together, they met other humans, they are starting to extract souls from humans, Ian and Wanda are finally a couple, and I want to know more about Burns! I'm really interested in seeing some new chapters with Ian and Wanda in her new body too! :D
"I sat in the blackness of the big hole in the ground and grieved for lost souls with a human at my side."

chompchomp57
Location: somewhere between The Meadow of Joy and the Valley of Contenment

Post by chompchomp57 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:41 am

I really hope there will be a sequal!!!!! Preferably from Wanda's view like most of the Host was. And I want to know what happens to that other group they found who had a soul with them too!!!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/3500/cullensbannerje8.jpg[/img][/url]

MandaB
Settled in Forks

Post by MandaB » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:49 am

I still stick to my theory that Burns is really a seeker. He is "undercover" to find all of the humans still hiding out. What better way to do that than to befriend one of the groups. Then, all he has to do is find where the other groups are hiding, and notify the other seekers.

Anyway, didn't SM say that the second book (if she writes the sequels) would be titled "The Seeker"?

I most certainly want a sequel. I NEED more Ian and Wanda!!
TEAM IAN!! Ian all the way!

I <3 Ian!

Eyes of Heaven
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Eyes of Heaven » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:15 pm

Wow, sequels would be amazing!! But i'm not sure if i could bear any of the characters dying! I mean it was too much when Jamie almost died!! But i totally agree with krstn...... I love Edward i really do, but with Ian, its unfathomable. So if Ian died, I would definetly have to put the book down!!! I love Ian!!!

Sequels wouldbe great, and I hope they are in Wanda's perspective, or at least Jared Jamies, or Ian's perspective, that would be interesting
[img]http://i33.tinypic.com/yze54.jpg[/img]

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..."

"Bella, I promise to love you forever- every single day of forever, will you marry me?"

diamond encrusted

Post by diamond encrusted » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:16 pm

MandaB wrote:I still stick to my theory that Burns is really a seeker. He is "undercover" to find all of the humans still hiding out. What better way to do that than to befriend one of the groups. Then, all he has to do is find where the other groups are hiding, and notify the other seekers.

Anyway, didn't SM say that the second book (if she writes the sequels) would be titled "The Seeker"?

Yes..thats what I think too...Burns is probably a Seeker...I hope not though...but then again...its more complications and stuff...but Ian might be taken away from Wanda if they get caught!! i hope not...I like Ian and Wanda!!

kitticat2
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by kitticat2 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:11 am

diamond encrusted wrote:
MandaB wrote:I still stick to my theory that Burns is really a seeker. He is "undercover" to find all of the humans still hiding out. What better way to do that than to befriend one of the groups. Then, all he has to do is find where the other groups are hiding, and notify the other seekers.

Yes..thats what I think too...Burns is probably a Seeker...I hope not though...but then again...its more complications and stuff...but Ian might be taken away from Wanda if they get caught!! i hope not...I like Ian and Wanda!!
NOOO!!!! Ian and Wanda can never separate!!! Never!

But we have to think of theses things don't we? It's a possibility I guess... :cry: Yes, its possible Ian could get taken or captured, maybe Jamie too... :cry: But that should never happen I love them too much.

Burns being a double agent? Huh. I had never consider that, until I started reading about him here on the Lex. Yeah, that's a possiblility also, he could build up the human's and Wanda's trust then turn them in to the super seekers! Or not. Personally, I think Burns has really "gone native." I didn't get any bad vibes from him, at least the 1 page he was on.

Bella_S_Black
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by Bella_S_Black » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:30 am

It would be great if there were sequels, but I loved the ending of the host and it would be awful if a character died or wanda and Ian somehow seperated or something!
[img]http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm318/twilightfan91/loveyoumore.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm318/twilightfan91/blackpacl.jpg[/img]
[color=pink]SC Squared![/color]