Just Ian

Discussion for Stephenie Meyer's debut sci-fic/romance novel. Now open for all discussion. Don't enter if you haven't yet finished the book!
kitticat2
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by kitticat2 »

I've seen a lot of people compare Ian and Edward and their are similarities, but I think they are just two completely different characters. I could go on and on but one trait I loved about Ian that separated him from Edward is that he never gives up!

He knew Wanda had feelings for Jared, but still wanted to be near her and was willing to just be her friend. Although, he was going to keep trying to get her to have romantic feelings for him also.

Ian was also so adamant on not allowing Wanda leave, who knows what he would have done if he found out she was planning on letting herself die. He was willing to put Wanda in another body because he didn't care what she looked like, Ian just wasn't going to let her go.

On the other hand Edward leaves Bella and repeatively talks of how he should leave or how Bella should leave him. I am not bashing Edward, I love him sooo much! Just saying a difference I see between him and Ian.
"I sat in the blackness of the big hole in the ground and grieved for lost souls with a human at my side."

diamond encrusted
Banging out dents with Tyler
Location: At Jeb's...uh..."house" with Ian, Wanda, Mel and Jared

Post by diamond encrusted »

kitticat2 wrote:I've seen a lot of people compare Ian and Edward and their are similarities, but I think they are just two completely different characters. I could go on and on but one trait I loved about Ian that separated him from Edward is that he never gives up!

He knew Wanda had feelings for Jared, but still wanted to be near her and was willing to just be her friend. Although, he was going to keep trying to get her to have romantic feelings for him also.

Ian was also so adamant on not allowing Wanda leave, who knows what he would have done if he found out she was planning on letting herself die. He was willing to put Wanda in another body because he didn't care what she looked like, Ian just wasn't going to let her go.

On the other hand Edward leaves Bella and repeatively talks of how he should leave or how Bella should leave him. I am not bashing Edward, I love him sooo much! Just saying a difference I see between him and Ian.
I think Edward keeps trying to leave Bella is because he himself is dangerous to Bella, whereas, Ian is Protecting Wanda from EVERYTHING. I think Ian's really sweet. I like him as much as I like Edward and that's saying something
[img]http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs30/f/2008/111/4/9/Bella_and_Edward_Banner_by_adeline_ninja.gif[/img]
[i]Dreaming of [b]Edward[/b][/i]
[i]Waiting for [b]Ian[/b][/i]
[b][u][i]Team Edward!![/i][/u][/b]
[b][u][i]Team Ian!![/i][/u][/b]

Avatar and Banner made by yours truly...[url=http://adeline-ninja.deviantart.com/]ME!!~ XD [please clicky!!][/url]

kitticat2
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by kitticat2 »

diamond encrusted wrote: I think Edward keeps trying to leave Bella is because he himself is dangerous to Bella, whereas, Ian is Protecting Wanda from EVERYTHING. I think Ian's really sweet. I like him as much as I like Edward and that's saying something
Oops! I totally forgot to write that in my post. I meant to say after I wrote that Edward keeps trying to leave Bella, that he believes it would be safer for her. Because like you said Diamond, he his dangerous. And like Edward says, he is dangerous to her health. But at least he mostly overcomes that after New Moon.

I guess, I was just focusing on what exactly I should write, I forgot to add that part...
"I sat in the blackness of the big hole in the ground and grieved for lost souls with a human at my side."

diamond encrusted

kitticat2 wrote:
diamond encrusted wrote: I think Edward keeps trying to leave Bella is because he himself is dangerous to Bella, whereas, Ian is Protecting Wanda from EVERYTHING. I think Ian's really sweet. I like him as much as I like Edward and that's saying something
Oops! I totally forgot to write that in my post. I meant to say after I wrote that Edward keeps trying to leave Bella, that he believes it would be safer for her. Because like you said Diamond, he his dangerous. And like Edward says, he is dangerous to her health. But at least he mostly overcomes that after New Moon.

I guess, I was just focusing on what exactly I should write, I forgot to add that part...
lol its alright...happens all the time :D
[img]http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs30/f/2008/111/4/9/Bella_and_Edward_Banner_by_adeline_ninja.gif[/img]

Avatar and Banner made by yours truly...[url=http://adeline-ninja.deviantart.com/]ME!!~ XD [please clicky!!][/url]

kitticat2
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by kitticat2 »

diamond encrusted wrote:
kitticat2 wrote:

lol its alright...happens all the time :D
Thank you for not jumping down my throat about that. I get afraid that if I make a mistake about Edward or Bella someone will jump all over me. But people here at the Lex are really polite, so thank you.

Oh! Got to stay on topic! Ian is awesome! Did anyone else love the part where he convinces Wanda to play that game against Wes and Lily?

diamond encrusted

yes!! its so cute...I actually think that maybe only Ian can make her play, or maybe even Jamie, but DEFINATELY Ian

kitticat2
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by kitticat2 »

The whole one-on-one game was adorable too! How Ian was letting her win and and as soon as she told him he could sleep in her room if he won he completely changed up his game. There was no stopping him, and he didn't even try to be subtle about it. No ashamed feeling from Ian at all!

I love how he's so sure about Wanda, so sure that he likes, then loves her. When Kyle says "Whose got a crush on a worm bro?" All Ian does is raise his fists, he doesn't try to deny it in a roomful of people.

diamond encrusted

kitticat2 wrote:The whole one-on-one game was adorable too! How Ian was letting her win and and as soon as she told him he could sleep in her room if he won he completely changed up his game. There was no stopping him, and he didn't even try to be subtle about it. No ashamed feeling from Ian at all!

I love how he's so sure about Wanda, so sure that he likes, then loves her. When Kyle says "Whose got a crush on a worm bro?" All Ian does is raise his fists, he doesn't try to deny it in a roomful of people.
I think NOT denying your love is a very very hard thing to do, especially in such a small community where everyone knows everything about everyone else.

kitticat2
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by kitticat2 »

diamond encrusted wrote:
kitticat2 wrote:The whole one-on-one game was adorable too! How Ian was letting her win and and as soon as she told him he could sleep in her room if he won he completely changed up his game. There was no stopping him, and he didn't even try to be subtle about it. No ashamed feeling from Ian at all!

I think NOT denying your love is a very very hard thing to do, especially in such a small community where everyone knows everything about everyone else.
Yes, just not denying your love in general is tough, throw in the fact it's a small community and that he was in love with the enemy. The species that invaded the world and stole the bodies of the loved ones of everyone who lived in that small community...wow, that's really brave... :shock:

osheabmyman
Settled in Forks

ian~!

Post by osheabmyman »

omg i totally loved ian!
his character had such a strong impact on the story line and wanda.
i tihnk the thing i liked most about ian was how he was probaly one of the last people you would have thought to get close and into a relationship with wanda, die to how violent he was at firsst and actually wanting her dead. i loved how it all just appeared out of nowhere you never expected it!
ian is the sort of person you would defiently want to know. his personality is so powerful and the respect he has for people and wanda, he gave her another chance! and look where that led them. =]
i.love.Ian. <333
"At this moment there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day. Others are just not facing the truth. Some are evil men, at war with good. And some are good, struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world, six billion souls. And sometimes…all you need is one"