Just Ian

Discussion for Stephenie Meyer's debut sci-fic/romance novel. Now open for all discussion. Don't enter if you haven't yet finished the book!
diamond encrusted
Banging out dents with Tyler
Location: At Jeb's...uh..."house" with Ian, Wanda, Mel and Jared

Post by diamond encrusted » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:45 am

kitticat2 wrote:
diamond encrusted wrote:
kitticat2 wrote:
diamond encrusted wrote:I don't know if I've missed something important or whatever...but...how old is Ian?!
It never says in the book how old Ian is, but in an interview with SM she says that Ian is 25. Kyle is 30 if you were wondering that too.

Hmm....does that mean he is 26 at the end of the book? Wanda was with them for nearly a year, plus the several weeks to a few months in took to get her into Pet's body...26...yum!
:P
thanks...hmmm...i knew he'd be in his 20s...it seems funny to me because you think...well...Ian's 25 and Pet's body is only 18...but...Wanda herself is probably a thousand years old...who's actually the older person in this relationship?! :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Haha! There could be a whole debate on this topic be itself! Hmm...I think it depends on how you look at it. The part when Wanda first tells everyone that she is thousands of years old they're all like :shock: :shock: :shock: But then she says to Jamie, "In a very real way I'm younger than you, not even a year old." Maybe I shouldn't have used quoets...thats the jist of it at least.

So, if you want to go by who has actually lived the longest and had the most life experience, its Wanda obviously. But since she plans on staying on Earth (and my guess is that she plans on dying in her new body), Ian has more human years on her and therefore is the older one in the relationship, in that way.
another thought though...what will happen to Ian if Wanda dies and vice versa...if Ian dies, will Wanda give herself up for motherhood or continur living?! if Wanda dies, will Ian kill himself or continue living?! its just a thought...you don't have to answer considering its probably not supposed to be in this thread...i'm just curious because of the human years they have apart is all...
[img]http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs30/f/2008/111/4/9/Bella_and_Edward_Banner_by_adeline_ninja.gif[/img]
[i]Dreaming of [b]Edward[/b][/i]
[i]Waiting for [b]Ian[/b][/i]
[b][u][i]Team Edward!![/i][/u][/b]
[b][u][i]Team Ian!![/i][/u][/b]

Avatar and Banner made by yours truly...[url=http://adeline-ninja.deviantart.com/]ME!!~ XD [please clicky!!][/url]

kitticat2
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by kitticat2 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:17 am

diamond encrusted wrote:
kitticat2 wrote:
diamond encrusted wrote:
kitticat2 wrote:
diamond encrusted wrote:I don't know if I've missed something important or whatever...but...how old is Ian?!
It never says in the book how old Ian is, but in an interview with SM she says that Ian is 25. Kyle is 30 if you were wondering that too.

Hmm....does that mean he is 26 at the end of the book? Wanda was with them for nearly a year, plus the several weeks to a few months in took to get her into Pet's body...26...yum!
thanks...hmmm...i knew he'd be in his 20s...it seems funny to me because you think...well...Ian's 25 and Pet's body is only 18...but...Wanda herself is probably a thousand years old...who's actually the older person in this relationship?! :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Haha! There could be a whole debate on this topic be itself! Hmm...I think it depends on how you look at it. The part when Wanda first tells everyone that she is thousands of years old they're all like :shock: :shock: :shock: But then she says to Jamie, "In a very real way I'm younger than you, not even a year old." Maybe I shouldn't have used quoets...thats the jist of it at least.

So, if you want to go by who has actually lived the longest and had the most life experience, its Wanda obviously. But since she plans on staying on Earth (and my guess is that she plans on dying in her new body), Ian has more human years on her and therefore is the older one in the relationship, in that way.
another thought though...what will happen to Ian if Wanda dies and vice versa...if Ian dies, will Wanda give herself up for motherhood or continur living?! if Wanda dies, will Ian kill himself or continue living?! its just a thought...you don't have to answer considering its probably not supposed to be in this thread...i'm just curious because of the human years they have apart is all...
Huh. I think they'd both continue living. I don't think either would ever be the same if the other died, but too many people depend on Wanda for their own survival. And I think Ian would just be depressed for the rest of his life, I don't think he'd actually kill himself, at least not right now.
"I sat in the blackness of the big hole in the ground and grieved for lost souls with a human at my side."

diamond encrusted
Banging out dents with Tyler
Location: At Jeb's...uh..."house" with Ian, Wanda, Mel and Jared

Post by diamond encrusted » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:48 pm

kitticat2 wrote:
diamond encrusted wrote:
kitticat2 wrote:
diamond encrusted wrote:
kitticat2 wrote:

Huh. I think they'd both continue living. I don't think either would ever be the same if the other died, but too many people depend on Wanda for their own survival. And I think Ian would just be depressed for the rest of his life, I don't think he'd actually kill himself, at least not right now.
I'd hope so...

I really can't wait for the sequels to come out...I really want to read more about Ian!!
[img]http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs30/f/2008/111/4/9/Bella_and_Edward_Banner_by_adeline_ninja.gif[/img]
[i]Dreaming of [b]Edward[/b][/i]
[i]Waiting for [b]Ian[/b][/i]
[b][u][i]Team Edward!![/i][/u][/b]
[b][u][i]Team Ian!![/i][/u][/b]

Avatar and Banner made by yours truly...[url=http://adeline-ninja.deviantart.com/]ME!!~ XD [please clicky!!][/url]