Kyle

Discussion for Stephenie Meyer's debut sci-fic/romance novel. Now open for all discussion. Don't enter if you haven't yet finished the book!
RainyForks
Learning to Love Green
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:59 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by RainyForks »

I was annoyed the way that when Wanda first arrived they beat her up and stuff, but with Jodi she just got accepted straight away.
[img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/blondie_blondie/icon13.jpg[/img]

rhtac
Settled in Forks
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:32 pm

Post by rhtac »

RainyForks wrote:I was annoyed the way that when Wanda first arrived they beat her up and stuff, but with Jodi she just got accepted straight away.
But see, that was because of Wanda! Because of her, it was no longer a case of just another alien who invaded a human. They were able to see the individual inside the human, as well as realize that by their actions they could also appear as 'monsters'. Wanda created changed everything!

Bella_Cullen_13
Warmed by Jacob-heat
Posts: 5779
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:06 pm
Location: in Edwards Arms
Contact:

Post by Bella_Cullen_13 »

Edward's Vampheart wrote:At the beggining I really hated Kyle, he seemed so obnoxious and evil.

At the end though when he was wiht Sunny and such a gentle guy I thought of him as a real sweetie.

I guess every bad guy has his gentle side :lol:
I saw him like you, but differently.

I saw him very close-minded, but then when I saw that he could be so loving to a point, because we really dont know, he's using his faith that Jodi is still there, so I dont know. He has some tolerence, but still.

Overall, he's willing to be a good guy, he's just short fused.
[img]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n44/yoshiracer13/Bands/metr.png[/img][img]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n44/yoshiracer13/Bands/2qveh3o.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n44/yoshiracer13/Bands/MetroStationCalifornia.jpg[/img]

RainyForks
Learning to Love Green
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:59 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by RainyForks »

rhtac wrote: But see, that was because of Wanda! Because of her, it was no longer a case of just another alien who invaded a human. They were able to see the individual inside the human, as well as realize that by their actions they could also appear as 'monsters'. Wanda created changed everything!
I see your point, but Jodi/Sunny was still 'alien' too. I guess they'd just got used to aliens by that time lol.

Don't you think Kyle is like Paul from Twilight? I think his name is Paul anyway... You know, the werewolf that always loses his temper, the one that Jake has a fight with.
Sorry got a bit off track there.
[img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n254/blondie_blondie/icon13.jpg[/img]

Conzoni al Vento
Wrestling With Emmett
Posts: 2698
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:19 pm
Location: Wish I were in Greece
Contact:

Post by Conzoni al Vento »

I think Kyle is a person that almost everyone is going to say they hated at the beginning but then really came to like at the very end. I think I agree. He at first hated Wanda because he didn'tknow how not to hate her. He didn't know how he could do anything but despise the "enemy". With Sunny, he finallyy found that and so it totally turned him around and was truly (i think) sorry for being so violent to Wanda before. I think at that point he wished he hadn't tried to kill her.
"Not to bring on the ire prematurely," he whispered, "but do you mind telling me what it is about this bed that you object to?"......."That's debateable," he disagreed. "This would be difficult on a couch."

~VMT Queen of Italy

Bella's little sister
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 6:12 pm
Location: my heart

Post by Bella's little sister »

straight up- Kyle falling in love with Sunny was SOOO FAR FETCHED. one of the host's few weaknesses. I wonder what would have happened if Ian had killed him after realizing Kyle had almost killed Wanderer. I think Wanderer would have eventually gotten over it I mean- Ian is HUMAN- he's not supposed to be able to go through with such Herculean (Edwardian?) decisions as sparing disgraces. I really thought Kyle was evil...
"You're right."
"I usually am... But about what in particular this time?"

Bella_Cullen_13
Warmed by Jacob-heat
Posts: 5779
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:06 pm
Location: in Edwards Arms
Contact:

Post by Bella_Cullen_13 »

Bella's little sister wrote:straight up- Kyle falling in love with Sunny was SOOO FAR FETCHED.
Im still convinced he didnt fall in love with Sunny. I think he's in love with Jodi's body & he's just trying to preserve it. Like Jared did with Melanie except more gentle. Kyles waiting for Sunny to say she can hear Jodi, when I dont think she will ever tell.
[img]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n44/yoshiracer13/Bands/metr.png[/img][img]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n44/yoshiracer13/Bands/2qveh3o.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n44/yoshiracer13/Bands/MetroStationCalifornia.jpg[/img]

Sunspot
Learning to Love Green
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:30 am
Location: Texas, brushing Jasper's teeth

Post by Sunspot »

straight up- Kyle falling in love with Sunny was SOOO FAR FETCHED.
I don't think it was far fetched at all. Kyle doesn't seem to be a very thoughtful/deep/profound person. And he's a guy after all, a normal hot-blooded man. And then there is the body of the girl he loved. She adores him, admires him, loves him and she looks like the girl he loves, she actually is the girl he loved. He's flatterted of course. He can't help but like her, she reminds him do much of Jodi and he wants to protect her...

Sometimes it isn't easy for Jared to fully separate Mel and Wanda, so how difficult must it be for Kyle who doesn't think as much as others to suppress his feelings for Jodi when her body treats him like an angel?
La Mer


Team Edward, Team Jared

Bella's little sister
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 6:12 pm
Location: my heart

Post by Bella's little sister »

look, kyle isn't the average "hot-blooded" guy. Not in the sense that he went to great lengths maintaining his MOST CRUEL status in the caves until coming back with Sunny. In other words I expected him to be so full of hate he wasn't capable of being attracted to anything anymore. I agree he's anything but profound but come on, even HE picked up on Ian's "crush on the worm."
"You're right."
"I usually am... But about what in particular this time?"

karinamon
Wandering Through Town
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 8:13 am
Location: Shopping with Alice
Contact:

ohh

Post by karinamon »

Bella_Cullen_13 wrote:Im still convinced he didnt fall in love with Sunny. I think he's in love with Jodi's body & he's just trying to preserve it. Like Jared did with Melanie except more gentle. Kyles waiting for Sunny to say she can hear Jodi, when I dont think she will ever tell.
I think the same exact way! And About Kyle... I honsestly despised him as a character in the begining, well who didnt, But I think the only reason he acted so harsh and aggresive against Wanda, because he had lost his 'mate' (Jodi) to the souls, it was like a slap in the face to have a soul live where he did.

I always knew that Kyle was going to try to kill Wanda at some point in the book. He was just that type of character. Near the ending of the book I felt some compassion for him, and now I really do think he's a nice guy. I really had no right to hate him when I really think about it, because if I was put in his situation... I dont know what I would've done.
..
[img]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/woohme/UGHHHHcopy.jpg[/img]
<i><b>Team Edward</b> [size=75] Because he's Edward Cullen for godsake![/size]

<b>Team Ian & Jared</b> [size=75] Because i love them both! Is that a crime?![/size]

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests