Jamie

Discussion for Stephenie Meyer's debut sci-fic/romance novel. Now open for all discussion. Don't enter if you haven't yet finished the book!
Elizabeth
Settled in Forks

Post by Elizabeth »

Ok, see I'm 15 Years old, and i never thougt about beoming a mother ... i did not want to become one.
but after reading this (wonderful....) book, i cannot stop thinking about this feelings (wanda or melanie) has had.
Ok Melanie was just his sister, but more like a mother!
Haha... Stephenie managed it to change my way of thoughts about getting a baby sometimes^^

Hah, i LOVE jamie, everytime he appeared i felt something like butterflies in my stomach.. The szene, wanda and Jamie lying in Jamies room.. AH so sweet...
... AH
his so cute...

aliceandjasperfan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by aliceandjasperfan »

I love Jamie. He's definitly my favorite character. The way he cared so much for both Mel and Wanda was amazing. He also reminds me of my one friend so that didn't hurt my favoritism toward him either. :wink:
[size=125]"'Doth God exact day-labour, light denied...""...The also serve who only stand and wait."~XIX~Milton[/size]
[color=blue]"JASPER!!!!" *runs around in circles and slams into a wall* "OW!!!"<that's me![/color]

Minireb123
Ignoring Renee's E-mails

Post by Minireb123 »

Jamie was the best =] Just the way Stephenie wrote made me feel exactly the way Wanda and Mel felt.

I really liked him to cause he was the only one who believed and knew Mel was with Wanda (besides Uncle Jeb who was awesome to =])
[img]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc242/Minireb123/fightaneclipse.jpg[/img]

WinniePony

Post by WinniePony »

I love Jamie! He's just awesome. I disagree with whoever said he was innocent though. There was some quote about he wasn't scared and sad like a child, who didn't understand but it was the "fully-comprehending agony of an adult." I think the reason he's able to accept and love Wanda and Mel separately is that his age gives him a more open mind. It's not innocence, it's maturity.
Some things exist whether you believe in them or not.

To live you must give your life away.

nmessana
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by nmessana »

Jamie is so great! I was so happy when he started getting close to Wanda and that he believed her when she said that Mel was still alive in part of her mind. When he just started crying and Wanda just held him... it was just so sweet I cried!
And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.

TeamJacobAllTheWay
Settled in Forks

Post by TeamJacobAllTheWay »

Jamie was a lovely bit of light in the darkness, the thing that everyone adored and couldnt live without, i loved him to bits and was in tears when he was hurt, but he isn't a baby as many people see him as.
"Does my being half naked bother you?" Jacob Black

Vampire Soul
Settled in Forks

Post by Vampire Soul »

Jamie is my favorite character---and he is the fave character of all my friends. He is just so sweet! How he loves Wanda for Wanda before anyone else. Ian didn't love her until later, Jeb was just giving her a chance (until he actually started liking her), and Jared hated Wanda for quite a while. And Jamie is able to love both Melanie and Wanda at the same time, which is the sweetest thing. And I really love the mother/son relationship with him and Wanda/Mel.
(It's kind of funny, but reading the Host, you see it through Wanda/Mel's eyes, so he seems like a child, but actually, he's probably older than me)
Some say the world will end in fire
Some say in ice
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire
But if it had to perish twice
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great, and would suffice

Keep Me With You
Wandering Through Town
Location: Trying to convince myself there's no soul invading my mind...

Post by Keep Me With You »

i N S A N i T Y wrote:I think Jamie was sort of a symbol for everything good in the world. Even though he was a teenager when Wanda and Mel showed up, he was still so...I can't even think of a word. Pure, innocent, maybe? Untainted by the hate or anger of those around him, but at the same time not naive. He obviously knew about the souls and the invasion, he knew that his race was more or less wiped out by "monsters," and yet when he Wanda in Melanie's body, he didn't hate her. Maybe it was because she was in Mel's body, but he treated her like an individual. He didn't run away from her, he didn't want to kill her; he treated her like any other person. Despite being the youngest in the group of survivors, he probably handled the situation with the most maturity.

Jamie's possibly my favorite character in the book, but I can't decide between him and Ian XD
I agree wholeheartedly. Loved him to bits!

And Ian was great too. :lol: :)
[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][img]http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4236/mybanner48820a4b2e083te8.jpg[/img][/url]

JulesCullen

Post by JulesCullen »

Jamie is definitely up there in my "love to death" list. Wow, I never realized it, but he does feel like a young Jacob.
I really hope that if SM writes more books in the series that Jamie grows up, experiences love, etc. He deserves it! I love him. I totally agree with i N S A N i T Y- pure, innocent, untainted, and mature are completely accurate descriptors of Jamie. I also wanted to hug and thank him at the end for getting Wanda and Ian together...
[img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c62/Animefreak222/Banners%20and%20such/gorgonga.jpg[/img]
Yes! I was accepted as an author on Pel's site Ramblingsandthoughts!!!

cutesweetiezzz
Lured by the scent
Location: camping out at my local bookstore waiting for Breaking Dawn to come out already!

Post by cutesweetiezzz »

I love Jamie. He's such a sweetheart, so innocent, and such a good kid. He really cared about Mel and Wanda, but in two separate ways.
[img]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k213/LivingDeadGirl223/Robert%20Pattinson/rob_edward_banner.jpg[/img]

"Sleep, my Bella. Dream happy dreams. You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours. Sleep, my only love." ~ Edward