Jamie

Discussion for Stephenie Meyer's debut sci-fic/romance novel. Now open for all discussion. Don't enter if you haven't yet finished the book!
eyelinerislife
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by eyelinerislife »

Jamie was the one character who I can honestly say I never got angry with during the book. He was just so pure and trust-worthy. I (and don't hate me for this), was honestly more afraid of losing Jamie than I was of losing Wanda towards the end.
"I felt like-Like I don't know what. Like this wasn't real. Like I was in some Goth version of a bad sitcom. Instead of being the A/V dweeb about to ask the head cheerleader to the prom, I was the finished-second-place werewolf about to ask the vampire's wife to shack up and procreate. Nice."
Jacob, Breaking Dawn, pg. 185
JulesCullen
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by JulesCullen »

eyelinerislife wrote:Jamie was the one character who I can honestly say I never got angry with during the book. He was just so pure and trust-worthy.
Yeah, I didn't even realize that before, but he really was the one character that I never got mad at ONCE. Even Wanda frustrated me once or twice..
[img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c62/Animefreak222/Banners%20and%20such/gorgonga.jpg[/img]
Yes! I was accepted as an author on Pel's site Ramblingsandthoughts!!!
Sprinter352
Wandering Through Town

Post by Sprinter352 »

Jamie is only 1 year younger than me. 1 YEAR! But because of the way the relationship between he and Wanda and Mel, I couldn't help but love him the same we as Mel and Wanda did.

Jamie broke my heart because he was so different from anyone else. He was the first one to really really really talk to Wanda. Jeb did too, but Jamie was the first one to really deeply talk to her about Melanie. It's so sad how he was trying really hard not to cry. I think one of the most heartwrenching part of the whole book was when Jamie was on guard duty for Wanda and she was telling him stories. Then when Wanda wiped away the tear off his cheek and he suddenly broke down and leaned into her like he used to on Melanie. That made me cry!

Jamie is so amazing because he was the first to make the distinction between Mel and Wanda and he loves both of them. And I love how Melanie is both a mother and a sister to him. They have a really powerful relationship.

Oh Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. He's one of my favorites.
[img]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n98/soccer_comet20/Meadow_edited.jpg[/img]
Proud [b][i][color=darkred]EDWARD[/b][/i][/color] supporter
Proud[b][i][color=gold] IAN[/color][/b][/i] supporter
unbelievable
Wandering Through Town

Post by unbelievable »

Sprinter352 wrote:Jamie broke my heart because he was so different from anyone else. He was the first one to really really really talk to Wanda. Jeb did too, but Jamie was the first one to really deeply talk to her about Melanie. It's so sad how he was trying really hard not to cry. I think one of the most heartwrenching part of the whole book was when Jamie was on guard duty for Wanda and she was telling him stories. Then when Wanda wiped away the tear off his cheek and he suddenly broke down and leaned into her like he used to on Melanie. That made me cry!
That part of the book made me sob! I don't think I've cried so much in any other book.

Ah Jamie, how to sum him up in one little post...I don't think that's possible. I think he's like my age or younger, but I couldn't help but think of him as Wanda and Mel did. He's just so cute and lovable. He was nice to Wanda from the beginning and he never made me upset.

I got so nervous when he was sick! I thought he was going to die! If he died I would have been so mad/sad!

He always believed what Wanda said, and he could make the difference between Wanda and Mel. Whatever Jamie told Wanda, he would trust her unlike other characters who didn't believe her at first.

Jamie I think is the star of the book. He stole our hearts and he is the sunshine in some of the dark moments of the book. He always was able to make me smile :]
[img]http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l127/lillydancer/pics/Kairi.png[/img]
[i]Don't forget: wherever you go, I'm always with you[/i]

"Oh, a sadistic vampire intent on torturing her to death, sure, no problem, she runs off to meet him. An IV, on the other hand..."

Team Ian

<a href="http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1249074/">Check out my fan fiction</a>
WinniePony
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by WinniePony »

Jamie is so great! You have a lot of controversy over Jared and Ian, but I have yet to meet someone who had a problem with Jamie. He's just so perfect!!! Love him so muchly. :D
Some things exist whether you believe in them or not.

To live you must give your life away.
diamond encrusted
Banging out dents with Tyler
Location: At Jeb's...uh..."house" with Ian, Wanda, Mel and Jared

Post by diamond encrusted »

Jamie as a person is really amazing. He trusted Wanda when no-one else did. He stood by her. He forgave her. He loves Wanda, i think, almost as much as he loves Melanie.

Everytime I'd read about Wanda/Mel giving Jamie a hug, or Jamie crying, or looking sad etc. I would automatically want to jump into the book and be able to comfort him myself. Not many characters are able to do that to me, though, i admit, i am quite emotional.
[img]http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs30/f/2008/111/4/9/Bella_and_Edward_Banner_by_adeline_ninja.gif[/img]
[i]Dreaming of [b]Edward[/b][/i]
[i]Waiting for [b]Ian[/b][/i]
[b][u][i]Team Edward!![/i][/u][/b]
[b][u][i]Team Ian!![/i][/u][/b]

Avatar and Banner made by yours truly...[url=http://adeline-ninja.deviantart.com/]ME!!~ XD [please clicky!!][/url]