Who wants more?

Discussion for Stephenie Meyer's debut sci-fic/romance novel. Now open for all discussion. Don't enter if you haven't yet finished the book!
Eternity
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Eternity »

I loved the Host. Really I did, but the ending was so perfect-final, but also left you to imagine whatever you wanted. I defiantely would read a sequel, but if there is no sequel, I could live with it.
It would like to see more of both Jared and Mel, and Ian and Wanda, though...
[i]The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes[/i]

iloveawerewolf...
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by iloveawerewolf... »

Gahh. Right after I read that I started searching for fanfictions that continued after where the Host ended (but I haven't found any yet...anyone have suggestions?)

I cannot wait to see if SM does decide to do a Host sequel and where she goes with it. It doesn't matter what direction she decides to go with it((Mel & Jared, Ian & Wanda, Jamie, Burns...)) I would read it. I hope she decides to do a sequel :)

starlilly
Settled in Forks

Post by starlilly »

More please?

I loved it! It was a wonderful roller coaster ride. I cried like a baby in the end! :)

TeamEdward:D
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by TeamEdward:D »

I disagree with the host altogether....
I mean yes i will read it definetely beacuse I love Stephenie Meyer but

An author known for a series shouldn't write just a novel by itself.... sure if there's more but NETSPEAK IS SO UNATTRACTIVE PLEASE FIX ME!.
Can you see J.K. Rowling writing another book that doesn;t have to do with HP?

kitticat2
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by kitticat2 »

TeamEdward:D wrote:I disagree with the host altogether....

An author known for a series shouldn't write just a novel by itself.... sure if there's more but NETSPEAK IS SO UNATTRACTIVE PLEASE FIX ME!.
I have to politey disagree. I think it's very brave of an author who is known for a popular series to write outside that said series. SM said she never planned on just writing vampire books and has outlines for a number of different stories. She has mentioned she wants to write about mermaids and has a an outline for a novel about a ghost.

As for J.K Rowling, it would be weird if she wrote something outside of HP (just like I'm sure it was kind of weird for most people who read The Host), but I'm sure her fans would give it a try. She doesn't plan on writing about the HP world for much longer... :roll:
"I sat in the blackness of the big hole in the ground and grieved for lost souls with a human at my side."

iloveawerewolf...

Post by iloveawerewolf... »

kitticat2 wrote:
TeamEdward:D wrote:I disagree with the host altogether....

I have to politey disagree. I think it's very brave of an author who is known for a popular series to write outside that said series. SM said she never planned on just writing vampire books and has outlines for a number of different stories. She has mentioned she wants to write about mermaids and has a an outline for a novel about a ghost.

As for J.K Rowling, it would be weird if she wrote something outside of HP (just like I'm sure it was kind of weird for most people who read The Host), but I'm sure her fans would give it a try. She doesn't plan on writing about the HP world for much longer... :roll:
I agree with kitticat2. Personally, I don't feel it's weird for an author to write outside their well-known series. Also, Rowling said she wasn't going to write any more in the HP world besides the enclyopedias which includes what happened to each of the characters after Deathly Hallows and all that jazz... :?

waiting4myEC
Wandering Through Town

Post by waiting4myEC »

iloveawerewolf... wrote: I agree with kitticat2. Personally, I don't feel it's weird for an author to write outside their well-known series. Also, Rowling said she wasn't going to write any more in the HP world besides the enclyopedias which includes what happened to each of the characters after Deathly Hallows and all that jazz... :?
I agree with you both. It shows that she is a great author, she is able to diversify her work. If would be "safe" to keep going with the Twilight books in some way.. we all know we'd read them without a second thought. By trying something completely new, knowing that you are opening yourself to criticism separates the writers from the authors that are never forgotten.

I guess my train of thought would be: I loved Twilight and SM has a new book out? Woah I gotta get that! (*Reading, heart stopping, reading, get kleenex, reading*) Wow that was amazing... SM has mad writing skills.

Props to you Stephenie Meyer! Keep the books coming (pretty please) :D
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3333/banneriz3.jpg[/img][/url]
Credit to paradiseseeker

“I’ll be back so soon you won’t have time to miss me. Look after my heart – I’ve left it with you.â€

diamond encrusted
Location: At Jeb's...uh..."house" with Ian, Wanda, Mel and Jared

Post by diamond encrusted »

I haven't even finished the book and i already want more!!

Edit: I have finished the book...and am already almost halfway through it again...[/i]
Last edited by diamond encrusted on Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs30/f/2008/111/4/9/Bella_and_Edward_Banner_by_adeline_ninja.gif[/img]
[i]Dreaming of [b]Edward[/b][/i]
[i]Waiting for [b]Ian[/b][/i]
[b][u][i]Team Edward!![/i][/u][/b]
[b][u][i]Team Ian!![/i][/u][/b]

Avatar and Banner made by yours truly...[url=http://adeline-ninja.deviantart.com/]ME!!~ XD [please clicky!!][/url]

CanadianAlice
Learning to Love Green

Post by CanadianAlice »

I'm so excited for more! For all the reasons Alphie mentioned, there's no babies in Twilight and won't be either so the girlie girl in me wants to see something like that in the Host. And of course I want to see what way Ian and Wanda's relationship goes, they're just so sweet together.
I want to sparkle like Edward!

Stevie Dee !
Settled in Forks

Post by Stevie Dee ! »

<center>

I think this is the perfect place to post my excitement

you might know, that Entertainment Weekly recently wrote an article about stephenie and the twilight series. Which will be released this friday

but on her website you can read the article early

and I just want to quote one part that made me want to PEE a little.

All the money, the fans, the fame — it's nothing compared with the high she's still riding from plucking that first story from her imagination and putting it to paper. She already has a first and second sequel to The Host mapped out in her head. She's written four chapters of a ghost story that she's calling Summer House

Though I did already know about Summer House. The Whole Host bit made me squeal. I am excited.

There will be more.