What we know and What we think will happen next

Discussion for Stephenie Meyer's debut sci-fic/romance novel. Now open for all discussion. Don't enter if you haven't yet finished the book!
amontilado
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Sitting at my computer, pretending I have nothing else urgent to do...!

Post by amontilado »

I live in Sydney, Australia & bought the book on Sunday. I had spoken to the shop earlier in the week only to be told that the sale date for Australia was the 2nd of May...but apparently the Trade Paperback came in with no restrictions on the sale.

I was very excited and headed straight into the city to get one! I must admit I did find it a little slow at first, I wasn't hooked until I had read 7-8 [short] chapters & from then on I couldn't put it down, staying up very late! I didn't finish it though, but I read next morning till I was finished.

I do Love it, but not as much as Twilight....I can't say more without being spoilery! I can't wait till the book is properly out every where.
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/ouisa/fireice1.jpg[/img]
Member of the down in the gutter polishing granite and grooming werewolves club!

showalittletwilight
Settled in Forks

stephenie meyer,words cannot describe what your books do

Post by showalittletwilight »

Fellow twilighters!

I live in western australia!hello my fellow australians!i know?!how great does it feel to get something early for once!
can i just say..i have just finished reading the host and it is just.....

breathtaking.

i love it entirely and completly.stephenie meyer's ideas are so bizarre and fantastic,i just can't get my head around it sometimes.heaps of times i was sitting there,reading it thinking 'my god this book is amazing'.it's unlike anything i've ever read.

i think my heart is going to explode.i haven't read a book that disarmed me this much since twilight and it's sequels.

stephenie meyer,you have forever touched my heart.

you guys have to read it when it comes out over there.it's unforgetable.beautiful in every way a book should be.
Edward kicks Harrys donkey!Well he kicks everyones donkey!but in a hot and an extreamely non-sexual way!

primum.non.nocere
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by primum.non.nocere »

Hello Aussies (and others ;))

Indeed, I bought my copy of The Host on Saturday (26/4) and *finished* it last night.

Let's just say that it was intense.

primum.non.nocere

Re: Host Release

mysteryredhead wrote:Yeah, I also have the Host, 12 days early!!!!

So Excited!!! I also live in Australia, and had a fit in the middle of my bookstore.

Very good! Just needed to say it, and also, for some reason, I got it for 12 dollars less than the price tag.
Needless to say, the other teens outside, slouching in their Stephanie-Meyerless depression thought I was a total crack-addict spazzo.

Anyone else.
Oh, snap. 21.95 at Borders.

ReNa257

Post by ReNa257 »

I haven't read the Host yet...but uh....It's sitting in front of me on my table....just a question...was the Host supposed to be out in Australia a week before the US?

primum.non.nocere

Who knows? I certainly wasn't complaining ;)

Edward's Vampheart
Ignoring Renee's E-mails

Post by Edward's Vampheart »

ReNa257 wrote:I haven't read the Host yet...but uh....It's sitting in front of me on my table....just a question...was the Host supposed to be out in Australia a week before the US?
What country are you in?
[img]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk252/mz_kateee/My%20Avatars%20and%20Banners/Others/bellllaaaaaaaaajhhycopypngftjhkvds.png[/img]

Thanks to mz.cullenn for my awesome banner!

Chicken noodle soup and 2 sodas on the side!

prinsesa
Learning to Love Green

Post by prinsesa »

We already have The Host here in the Philippines!! I just bought my copy today! :D
<center>
[size=125][b]{ yes,youare[i]exactly[/i]mybrandofheroin }[/b][/size]
i'm intoxicated by your very presence, Edward.
</center>

ReNa257

Post by ReNa257 »

Edward's Vampheart wrote:
ReNa257 wrote:I haven't read the Host yet...but uh....It's sitting in front of me on my table....just a question...was the Host supposed to be out in Australia a week before the US?
What country are you in?
Australia

but i'm kind of banned from reading it till after the half yearlies >.>

Edward's Vampheart
Ignoring Renee's E-mails

Post by Edward's Vampheart »

I bought the Host today, too bad it doesn't come with the Midnight Sun excerpt here in Aus :cry:

Haven't atarted it yet, seeing as I am reaing City Of Bones (Got too many boooks and too little time), will get onto it when I can.
[img]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk252/mz_kateee/My%20Avatars%20and%20Banners/Others/bellllaaaaaaaaajhhycopypngftjhkvds.png[/img]

Thanks to mz.cullenn for my awesome banner!

Chicken noodle soup and 2 sodas on the side!