The Host and other works from Steph

Discussion for Stephenie Meyer's debut sci-fic/romance novel. Now open for all discussion. Don't enter if you haven't yet finished the book!

Will you read non-Twilight books from Stephenie?

Yes, of course!
95%
No.
5%

Total votes: 137

I like silver volvo
Settled in Forks

Post by I like silver volvo »

Alice wrote:I just voted Yes, of course but now I'm having second thoughts...when Stephenie announced Breaking Dawn is the last book I panicked. I know she had originally discussed going on with the series as long as she had an audience. I don't really even want to think about how I might feel after I read Breaking Dawn. I don't know if I want to read any more of Stephenie's books because they're so amazing and fantastic and I don't want to go through losing her characters twice. Yeah, I'm insane but whatever. :?
You know thats pretty much how I feel about it, I'm hoping to avoid plunging into abyss of depression when I do fininsh reading BD, since it will be the last book from the series( well from what I heard it will be the last told in Bella POV).

*sighs* :(
"haven't you noticed yet, Bella. that Edward is just the teeniest bit prone to over reaction?" - Eclipse, p93.

joanne
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by joanne »

I agree, it is sad and depressing to have to lose your best friends, part of yourself, kind of like when Edward left Bella. OMG, these are only books, I must be looney. But, never -the -less I do know how you ladies feel.
"Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for
me". (NM4)

"Losing track of time was the most I asked from life". (NM 4)

mrsjasperhale
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by mrsjasperhale »

I would 100% read other books by Stephenie! Who else is excited for The Host, because I know I am! :D

TheLisser

Post by TheLisser »

I will most definitely. I adore Stephenie's writing style and really admire her talent. When I get into an author's writing style I will read absolutely EVERYTHING that they write...so for sure I will be reading The Host and any future things by Stephenie.
[img]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk130/lalaith913/twilightbanners/nother.jpg[/img]
Thanks to lalaith913 for the banner, and thanks to who ever runs the Twilight Fans Icon site for the avi!<3
Cullenist, Esme house!

Taxi
On a Pixie Stick Sugar Hi

Post by Taxi »

Yes, of course!
I'll read anything and everything by Stephenie. :D
<center>[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/heyquitpeeking/Yoyo/ban.png[/img]</center>

Cocoa
Clarifying Base Running for Edward

Post by Cocoa »

We have a little nugget to chew on now. According to the recient USA article:

Original of the Species by U2 as well as the rest of that CD is the theme song for the Host. Have a listen and tell us your thoughts.

inlovewiththecullens
Settled in Forks

Post by inlovewiththecullens »

I just listened through Original of the Species by U2 and if that is the theme of the book I really can't wait for it to come out. I am truly intreged. Stephenie has such an imagination and I know that this book is going to be great (not twilight amazing but still great). It is a shame that more people don't have that same type of imagination today (I blame TV).

jaxtheduck

Post by jaxtheduck »

I would definitely read anything by Stephenie because she's such a good writer. I read the excerpt from Host and I loved it. At first I wasnt sure if I was going to read it because I'm not really into the whole sci-fi thing but after reading that excerpt I will def read The Host and anything else she writes.
"Sleep, my Bella. Dream happy dreams. You are the only one who has ever touches my heart. It wills always be yours. Sleep, my only love." 3;8;195

"But...having experienced the way it feels to think I've lost you...my reactions have changed. My entire being shies away from any course that could inspire that kind of pain again."3;21;471

Swan_16
Settled in Forks

A Drive in Aston Martin

Post by Swan_16 »

Of course I would! I'll read anything that she writes. I just enjoy her writing too much. Stephenie Meyer is my favorite writer. I love her books. She has such great ideas for books.
Also, she knows how to fit humor and emotion in her stories so well! :D
Rosy