The Host and other works from Steph

Discussion for Stephenie Meyer's debut sci-fic/romance novel. Now open for all discussion. Don't enter if you haven't yet finished the book!

Will you read non-Twilight books from Stephenie?

Yes, of course!
95%
No.
5%

Total votes: 137

Sarah S.
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

other books

Post by Sarah S. »

if they do not relate to this series i probably couldnt handle getting hooked on any more series. from any author. although i love them, it can get quite exhausting at times(taking up so much time and energy) :cry:
[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][img]http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9986/mybannerglitter3c9c89a1lf9.gif[/img][/url]

twilightupmylife
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilightupmylife »

Yes, I believe I will.

Stephenie has a unique writing style, and I definitely admire that about her. I'm sure it will carry over into her other novels.
- Stephanie
[img]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/4875/edwardlh9.jpg[/img]

[b]Heaven's not a place that you go when you die; it's a moment in life when you actually feel [i]alive[/i]--so live for the moment.[/b]

horseluvr17
Settled in Forks

yes

Post by horseluvr17 »

yes i will read her other books, and i hope they will be as good as the twilight series. :)
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb"
-Edward Cullen

joanne
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by joanne »

I will read anything SM writes. I do not know if I will be as obsessed with it as I am with TWILIGHT saga, but I will try them. SM is an awesom writer, I love the way she brings her charecters to life. I will especially appreciate any books written from Edwards POV. ( sorry, I am obsessed).

Steph, if you ever read this, I want to thank you for bringing so much fun and enjoyment back into my life.
"Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for
me". (NM4)

"Losing track of time was the most I asked from life". (NM 4)

bananamarie
Settled in Forks

Post by bananamarie »

Of course! I can't wait to read The Host! I have had the hardest time getting into other books since I read the Twilight series, I know I will love The Host as well! Just a little over 3 months left!
[url=http://www.hipposonmyfloor.blogspot.com/]My Blog[/url]

joanne

Post by joanne »

bananamarie
Posted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:40 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course! I can't wait to read The Host! I have had the hardest time getting into other books since I read the Twilight series, I know I will love The Host as well! Just a little over 3 months left!

Me to, it seems I am having a lot of problems reading other stuff also. Why do you think you will like THE HOST?
"Time passes. Even when it seems impossible. Even when each tick of the second hand aches like the pulse of blood behind a bruise. It passes unevenly, in strange lurches and dragging lulls, but pass it does. Even for
me". (NM4)

inlovewiththecullens
Settled in Forks

Post by inlovewiththecullens »

you would have to be crazy to have read the twilight series and not think that anything else written by stephenie meyers wouldn't also be amazing whether it is twilight related or not. so i guess the short answer would be yes i am absolutly going to read anything else written by her. i have already read her short story in prom nights from hell. i don't think that there is anything that she would write that i wouldn't read.

joanne

Post by joanne »

inlovewiththecullens wrote:you would have to be crazy to have read the twilight series and not think that anything else written by stephenie meyers wouldn't also be amazing whether it is twilight related or not. so i guess the short answer would be yes i am absolutly going to read anything else written by her. i have already read her short story in prom nights from hell. i don't think that there is anything that she would write that i wouldn't read.
It is not that I don't think it would be good and of course I will read it. I just hope I do like it as much as TWILIGHT saga.
me". (NM4)

inlovewiththecullens
Settled in Forks

Post by inlovewiththecullens »

joanne wrote:
It is not that I don't think it would be good and of course I will read it. I just hope I do like it as much as TWILIGHT saga.
well of course you probably won't like it as much as the twilight saga, but it has to great if stephenie wrote it. a great mind like thta has to have more than just one story to tell. it will still be awesome though (at least i hope it will)

joanne

Post by joanne »

IT will, it will just be different. I'm am just overly obsessed, reading another book written by SM will be good for me.

Has anyone ever read "Letters to a Young Poet" by Rainer Maria Rilke?
me". (NM4)