Movie Merchandising

Discussion about the Twilight movie. It's all speculation until Summit Films actually produces a script and casts it.
Rising Sun
Settled in Forks
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:24 pm
Contact:

Post by Rising Sun »

omg i would totally buy like all of it! but it would be really awesome for the jewlery stuff. but you know what i really want? it would be so cool to have a charm bracelet with the jacob charm and the edward charm (the wolf and the heart shaped crystally diamond thingy). it would have to be like totally authentic and be like exactly the one bella would wear. :)
Rob Fan!!!

still can't decide:
Edward or Jacob??
TwilightObsessed
Casting Photographic Genius
Posts: 248
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:46 pm
Location: Wish it were in Forks, Washington...

Post by TwilightObsessed »

Rising Sun wrote:omg i would totally buy like all of it! but it would be really awesome for the jewlery stuff. but you know what i really want? it would be so cool to have a charm bracelet with the jacob charm and the edward charm (the wolf and the heart shaped crystally diamond thingy). it would have to be like totally authentic and be like exactly the one [A SINGLE LETTER? WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE USE A SINGLE LETTER TO REPLACE AN ENTIRE WORD?????????]bella would wear[/A SINGLE LETTER? WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE USE A SINGLE LETTER TO REPLACE AN ENTIRE WORD?????????]. :)
Let me present to you two options:
http://twilightteez.com/product_info.php?products_id=48
or
http://www.mybellabracelet.com/

I have the one from TwilightTeez, and it's AMAZING!!! Not to say the other isn't a great alternative...Really, I'm just glad we have Bella's Bracelets available for fans!!! :D
[img]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c170/Narvousgirl/TwilightEWbanner.jpg[/img]
vegasn8ive
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:28 am
Location: Colorado

Post by vegasn8ive »

I would love whatever merchandise comes out. TwilightTeez has some great stuff! I've taken to making shirts and bags with cute, witty sayings on them. I've used that to bide my time until stuff comes out. :wink:
Be yourself! Everyone else is taken.
danobanano
Putting the FUN in funfur
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:44 pm
Location: Ogling over my Jacob Black Werewolf Barbie

Post by danobanano »

I LOVE my Bella's Bracelet from TwilightTeez.com and can hardly wait for the new stuff that's coming.

i'd love to see merchandising go beyond T-shirts and posters, not that those aren't cool but let's be original and cheap and highly profitible, but something unique would be cool too.

I'd love to see a Twilgiht Video Game for the Wii, so I can fight bad vampires and stuff.

I think Suave should pitch the idea to Summit to let them market their strawberry scented shampoo as the Official choice of Bella's Shampoo. If Hanah Montanta can have her own shampoo and tooth paste why can't Bella? Although I think the toothpaste niche should be all about Edward. Cool Refreshing, taking your breath away, icy hot, oh baby.

I love the idea of bookmarks that tie the book and the movie together. and of course who wouildn't want a Calendar of all the Hottie Vampires, Werewolves and even some humans like Mike, Eric, and Tyler humans.
Personalized Checks those are something I would pay good money for.

and since the ideas are just rolling off my fingertips, why not throw in some perfume/cologne for the various characters. Would I smell as delicious as Bella with a Freesia scent? And can you imagine if they could capture the smell of Edward in a bottle? Who wouldn't buy that? And give some love to Jacob too, he has his own musky woodsey scent too!
dragonrider713
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Posts: 146
Joined: Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:57 am
Location: Impatiently waiting for Breaking Dawn and Twilight the movie

Post by dragonrider713 »

Tobiah wrote:I was trying to think of what they will do for merchandising. I'll be buying it all! I also plan on stealing a big Edward Cardboard cutout if there is one, and big movie posters! Ha!
I will so steal a giant Edward cardboard cutout if I ever see one! ^_^

I hope they have stuff like T-shirts and posters. That'd be wicked awesome, and I'd buy everything I could!
<a href="http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2610/mybannerglitter871ec5b8nv9.gif" alt='Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!'></a>
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">
<img border="0" src="http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10711;2/st/20081212/e/Twilight+the+movie/dt/1/k/6fba/event.png"></a>
Cinderella85
Hanging Up on Jessica
Posts: 652
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:54 am
Location: Brushing Jasper's hair

Post by Cinderella85 »

dragonrider713 wrote:I will so steal a giant Edward cardboard cutout if I ever see one! ^_^

Ohhh, I want one too!! I'd sit it in the corner of my room, so he can listen to me talk gibberish in my sleep :lol:

We should have a thread of just everyones pictures taken with the cardboard cut outs, lol

I think I'd like myself a Jasper one :)

Ohhh, and how did I forget calendars! They're a great piece of merchandise!
Ohh, and I'm liking the jewellery idea, maybe an apple, or a raindrop :)
[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/Bewitching85/BreakingDawnavi.gif[/img][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/Bewitching85/fyi.gif[/img][img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f72/Bewitching85/redhead-1.gif[/img]
[color=lawngreen][b]Love Jacob? Join the [url=http://www.twilightlexiconforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=19633]Relish Dog Pound[/url] - Some Like it Hot![/b][/color]
Mattie
Learning to Love Green
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:18 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Mattie »

danobanano wrote:I LOVE my Bella's Bracelet from TwilightTeez.com and can hardly wait for the new stuff that's coming.

i'd love to see merchandising go beyond T-shirts and posters, not that those aren't cool but let's be original and cheap and highly profitible, but something unique would be cool too.

I'd love to see a Twilgiht Video Game for the Wii, so I can fight bad vampires and stuff.

I think Suave should pitch the idea to Summit to let them market their strawberry scented shampoo as the Official choice of Bella's Shampoo. If Hanah Montanta can have her own shampoo and tooth paste why can't Bella? Although I think the toothpaste niche should be all about Edward. Cool Refreshing, taking your breath away, icy hot, oh baby.

I love the idea of bookmarks that tie the book and the movie together. and of course who wouildn't want a Calendar of all the Hottie Vampires, Werewolves and even some humans like Mike, Eric, and Tyler humans.
Personalized Checks those are something I would pay good money for.

and since the ideas are just rolling off my fingertips, why not throw in some perfume/cologne for the various characters. Would I smell as delicious as Bella with a Freesia scent? And can you imagine if they could capture the smell of Edward in a bottle? Who wouldn't buy that? And give some love to Jacob too, he has his own musky woodsey scent too!
Um, not to be a a Debbie Downer, but I really don't want Twilight to get that huge. I want it to be good, but not Harry Potter fanatic "I have to go out and buy this lunchbox because it has his picture on it" good. Like, cult classic good.

I kind of wish Catherine would had gone the more subtle approach and make it more about Bella and Edward and not the fact that there is a coven of vampires to get her. I actually didn't even like that in the book. I like the romance aspect, it just seems to be a lot about the action in the movie. Of course, it has to be action because there's no other way to show it, but I kind of wanted it to be more mellow. Not so in-your-face, but really kind of indie like.

But I guess there was no other way around it when you're producing a movie that involve vampires and werewolves. But I still think it could had been done. I'll just have to wait and see how it looks on the big screen.
bingocrepuscule99
Settled in Forks
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:35 pm
Location: Inside Robert Pattinson's Water Bottle

Post by bingocrepuscule99 »

I totally agree with you on the indie-appeal. I don't want it to get too big. I still Twilight to be on the smaller side. Although I wantn't mind some nice merch, like Alice's crest necklance
The Weasel
Completely Dazzled!
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:12 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by The Weasel »

There's definitely going to be t-shirts. I can pretty much guarantee that. I mean, EVERY big movie comes out with t-shirts. Heck, I think they're STILL selling Harry Potter shirts at Hot Topic and we haven't had a book or movie for that in a while. So I definitely think we'll have that aspect of it.

I also agree with the jewelry thing. Someone mentioned either here or in another thread that they have a special "Cullen crest" that is on the jewelry the Cullens wear in the movie so I'm sure that's going to be marketable too. They wouldn't make a Bella Bracelet yet because that doesn't come until Eclipse so I'm pretty certain it'll only be the Cullen crest stuff.

Whatever they make, I am positive I will buy everything of, hahaha. As it is, I'm slowly making my round up of things from TwilightTeez.com.

As for the video game thing, I think it would be totally cool but I don't think there is enough action to make one, honestly, most of the story is just Bella and Edward the fighting doesn't come until the end. Though I'd totally buy into it anyway.
<a href="http://lesleycullen.livejournal.com">LiveJournal</a>|<a href="http://www.myspace.com/lesleycullen">MySpace</a>|<a href="http://ppc.facebook.com/p.php?id=170501955&l=x26f9b6c6c">Facebook</a>
Kristin J. DeMarcki-Carr
June 29, 1984 - June 16, 2008
Summer J. Sopko
July 7, 1982 - December 28, 2006
Taxi
On a Pixie Stick Sugar Hi
Posts: 484
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 5:42 pm
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Taxi »

Posters. Of course that's pretty much a given, but mostly I want a poster. A nice, big one. Mmm.

And maybe an Edward plushie.
<center>[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/heyquitpeeking/Yoyo/ban.png[/img]</center>
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests