Billy Burke as Charlie

Discussion about the Twilight movie. It's all speculation until Summit Films actually produces a script and casts it.
AliceAndWonderland
Settled in Forks

Post by AliceAndWonderland »

He's utterly perfect. I think even as a real person he is what I kind of imagine Charlie acting like. And also I think he totally looks like he could really be Kristen's dad in a way. I also thought his "funny" story about when they first met was funny :)
He'll do great.
It's funny how you broke my heart and I still manage to love you with the pieces..

Simplicity
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Simplicity »

Great job, Cocoa!

It's funny to me that he doubts he'll finish reading Twilight...but I'm surprised that it doesn't bother me much.
"I'm not thirsty today, honestly." He winked. tw235

Nadiya
Learning to Love Green

Post by Nadiya »

Wow i just read the interview. For some reason i think he'll make a great charlie. It just seems like they are so alike like charlie also wouldnt be the kind to read and do extra research on a part

EisleyGirl
Learning to Love Green

Post by EisleyGirl »

his interview was really good. he seems like an honest kind of person, which is rare in this world. a very admirable quality.

plus, he's a good looking guy. so yeah. so billy! :D
Luna Eisley Hadley Pax Marie

avie by colorization

Mattie
Learning to Love Green

Post by Mattie »

I really love that they're adding more depth to Charlie. So much of him was in Bella's perspective--it'll be good to see what Billy brings to the character.
Breaking Dawn = EPIC FAIL.

kp~love
Settled in Forks

hmmm

Post by kp~love »

im sorry. that interview really did not do it for me. Now, no doubt he can play charlie, he is an actor. BUt his interview, was, for lack of a better word, uninspiring. He puts down studying for a role? i think it is doing yourself a diservice if you dont try to expand your knowledge and understanding of the role you are playing. he doesnt really seem to get charlie the way most fans do. reading the books might help that.... charlie isnt all about the broken relationship. He has a relationship with his daughter, they saw each other every year... i dunno. and i admire Peter Facinelli for studying the role of carlise, and really getting his mindset. But what he is saying is that what Peter is doing is pointless and pathetic. when, in retrospect, is what Mr Burke is portraying himself to be. why not study a role. he has nothing to lose and so much to gain. Why rag on dedicated actors? they are doing there best to please the fans and make an acheivement themselves. I ammend Peter for his dedication, along with Robert and the other actors who are really trying to get into character. the pressure is on. this isnt all fun and games mr burke. its a profession, and he needs to start acting proffesional. he acts like he doesnt care about the world, well, obviously he does. I really dont like people like him who put on a front for the world. Now, he has every potential to play a great charlie.. but as a person, i am not a fan.... i really hope i am not the only one disappointed in his display of character, but thats just who he is. i just hope that his skills will win me over in his performance of charlie.. who knows?
"Bella, for a fairly intuitive person, you can be so obtuse!" -edward

sierra_blue
Wandering Through Town

Re: hmmm

Post by sierra_blue »

kp~love wrote:im sorry. that interview really did not do it for me. Now, no doubt he can play charlie, he is an actor. BUt his interview, was, for lack of a better word, uninspiring. He puts down studying for a role? i think it is doing yourself a diservice if you dont try to expand your knowledge and understanding of the role you are playing. he doesnt really seem to get charlie the way most fans do. reading the books might help that.... charlie isnt all about the broken relationship. He has a relationship with his daughter, they saw each other every year... i dunno. and i admire Peter Facinelli for studying the role of carlise, and really getting his mindset. But what he is saying is that what Peter is doing is pointless and pathetic. when, in retrospect, is what Mr Burke is portraying himself to be. why not study a role. he has nothing to lose and so much to gain. Why rag on dedicated actors? they are doing there best to please the fans and make an acheivement themselves. I ammend Peter for his dedication, along with Robert and the other actors who are really trying to get into character. the pressure is on. this isnt all fun and games mr burke. its a profession, and he needs to start acting proffesional. he acts like he doesnt care about the world, well, obviously he does. I really dont like people like him who put on a front for the world. Now, he has every potential to play a great charlie.. but as a person, i am not a fan.... i really hope i am not the only one disappointed in his display of character, but thats just who he is. i just hope that his skills will win me over in his performance of charlie.. who knows?
He said he had started the book already which he almost never does so to me that says he's vested a little more interest in this role. As for him exploring the broken relationship with Bella I think he's right on target. Just because they saw each other each year doesn't mean they had any kind of real relationship. How many kid's with great relationships with their parents think of them with a first name instead of mom or dad? This is the first time in years Bella has really spent a substantial amount of time with him and I would think his priority is establishing a stronger relationship even if he doesn't know how to show it. As for Mr. Burkes honesty and bluntness when it comes to his acting practices I find it refreshing. The fans asked for a candid interview and they got one. I don't think its fair to criticize his methods or lack there of. I don't think his intention was ever to belittle his costars for the effort they put into their craft but merely to state that researching roles etc. is not what helps him in creating a valued performance. To each his own. I am confident he will provide us with a great Charlie Swan.

Modelisous
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Modelisous »

To me its that not caring approach that works for Charlie - Charlie doesnt seem like the type of character that really needs alot of researching, if he was a father already he would need none. I think he'll do fine.
12.12.08 - the date.
[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q64/RetroFushion/Besafe-5.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q64/RetroFushion/ingunabutane6.png[/img][img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q64/RetroFushion/ingunabutane2.png[/img][img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q64/RetroFushion/ingunabutane1.png[/img]

fig
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by fig »

Modelisous wrote:To me its that not caring approach that works for Charlie - Charlie doesnt seem like the type of character that really needs alot of researching, if he was a father already he would need none. I think he'll do fine.
Exactly. When I read the interview, I was sort of like "well, he doesn't really care about this role", but it's just his style not to do immense research and stuff. It fits him, and it fits Charlie. I think he'll do fine as well.

NeverEndingSky
Settled in Forks

Post by NeverEndingSky »

I have to admit, I wasn't very happy with the interview. I wish he wouldn't swear so much. It didn't seem, well, Charlie-ish to me.
But, the man is and actor. I hope he does a good job portraying Charlie. The whole interview had its up and downs, but I think he'll do a decent job.