Screen Chemistry

Discussion about the Twilight movie. It's all speculation until Summit Films actually produces a script and casts it.
Ostentatious6277
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Ostentatious6277 »

^^ It's because Helena is Tim Burton's wife and Tim burton and Johnny are friends, too.

but rob and Kristen do have good chemistry, too.
[img]http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee125/Ostentatious6277/dark_knight_ver10.jpg[/img]
haaleey
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by haaleey »

What makes good on screen chemistry? I think good on screen chemistry comes when the two actors are able to be comfortable around each other, and I think friendship also plays a huge role in things. You would definitly have to like your co-star... or atleast their character.

What are some successful on screen duos?
Leonardo Di Caprio and Kate Winslet (Titanic)
Charlie Cox and Claire Danes (Stardust)

Are there some examples of bad on screen chemistry out there?
Jack Black and Kate Winslet (The Holiday)

Can good chemistry or the lack there of make or breake a movie?
Yeah, It can make or break it because I think it's really important for the characters that they have chemistry. Like Edward and Bella for example, if it turns out they have no chemistry the movie would make no sense because they're supposed to have this epic romance. Also, to make a good movie you kind of have to fall in love with the characters.
[size=75]<center>"I am switzerland. I refuse to be affected by territorial disputes between mythical creatures"</center>

<center>I love them both</center>
<center>[img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg57/Messwitme13/Edward-3.png[/img][img]http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z11/Grayfur/Jacob%20Black/werewolfface.png[/img]</center>[/size]
Rubester
Learning to Love Green

Post by Rubester »

i think rob and kristen have great chemistry but it just weirds me out that they bonded on last tango in paris ha.
ragdoll
Learning to Love Green

Post by ragdoll »

What makes good on screen chemistry?
I think it's when you really believe that the relationship is real, and you want it to be real because it just seems so perfect.There has to be something about the way they look at eachother or how they move with eachother too, not just the way they talk to eachother.

I can think of a lot! Noah and Allie, Landon and Jamie, Lorelei and Rory, Cristian and Satine, Merry and Pippin (my favourite thing about LOTR) Keira and James in Atonement were just amazing, Johnny Depp and that whole family in Finding Neverland, all the relationships in Love Actually......I could go on!

Yes, but I can't think of any right now.

Can good chemistry or the lack there of make or break a movie?
How does this chemistry effect the viewer?

I think it depends on the movie. If it's a romance or about family/friendship then chemistry is really important, but if it's an action movie or something and the relationship isn't central to the story then it isn't as important.
Good chemistry can have a huge effect on the viewer. It makes you really care about the characters and what happens to them.
[img]http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z50/princess_jaffacake/twilightbanner1-1.jpg[/img]

Avatar: made by Emma @ Vesperarium - Thanks Emma!
xoxocamille
Protector of Jacob's honor

Post by xoxocamille »

Rob & Kristen definitely has excellent on-screen chemistry. I mean, you could just see the sparks flying everytime you see them together! I have no doubts that they're going to look great in Twilight together, but I love Rob.... and I bet it's going to kill me the moment I see them liplock... :(

Kellan & Nikki are great too! They really look like this sophisticated couple for me. I love them!

Oh, and let's not forget Alice & Jasper! Haha, they're so cute together from the footages that I've seen so far. :D
[img]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f241/pinkbabypnay/twilight4-2.jpg[/img]
[size=92][color=red][b]SquareofLove<3[/color] [i][color=yellow]Aunt Camille.[/color][color=#20DF80]Sister Corky.[/color][color=#FF9F40]Niece Stephanie.[/color][color=#409FFF]Niece Camber.[/b][/color][/i]
[color=#FFBFDF][b]SC Squared[/b] --Because mornings are incomplete without my British kids. <3[/color][/size]
admirallily
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: In a big white house in the forest by the river. They say vampires live here.

Re: Screen Chemistry

Post by admirallily »

Q: What makes good on screen chemistry?
A: Ooo. Tough question. It's not something I think can be described really. You have it or you don't, I'm not sure you can force it. That's why, I think, it's part of the audition process. The director and co. look for that when the actors are reading their lines or improving throughout the process. I think it's really in the just being able to totally feel the emotions between the two people (and it doesn't have to be just romantic. comedic chemistry between actors is important, too). It just clicks and it's more real. Which is sometimes I think why we regular people tend to forget that these are actors and not a real couple and why some people go crazy hoping they'll hook up in RL because they just seem that good together.

Q: What are some successful on screen duos?
A: Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth, of course. Best Elizabeth and Darcy ever. There are others but if I started into that I'd negate what I said about the duos not having to be romantic pairings. ;)

Q: Are there some examples of bad on screen chemistry out there?
A: Heck yes! Sorry I can't think of names right now but when you watch them it's so painfully awkward in a way that has nothing to do with the awkwardness of the scene. It's just . . . ugh.

Q: Can good chemistry or the lack there of make or brake a movie?
A: I think so. But then I think any aspect of a movie can make or brake it. Good acting but bad timing on the part of the editor can ruin a performance and thus devalue the movie as a whole since no one wants to watch it again. A badly written ending can ruin a movie (ex. Pirates of the Caribbean. Oy). Camera angles/movement, lighting, sets, music. Any one of these done wrong in a big way can ruin the over all experience, thus braking the movie.

Q: How does this chemistry effect the viewer?
A: As stated in various forms above.

;)
[img]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i165/admirallily/17AgainQuotebyAL.gif[/img]
Hee! I crack up every time I see that clip!
Forever_Edward_Cullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Forever_Edward_Cullen »

What makes good on screen chemistry?
----- Attraction to one another. The acting skill to convey emotions as natural, not forced.

----- My favorite on screen duo is Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes in Romeo and Juliet. It was widely known that the pair had a thing for each other. It made their chemistry burn through the screen (IMO).

----- Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman. I love these two separately but together, I didn't believe they were into each other. Not for one second. It is really too bad because I wanted to believe it.

Can good chemistry or the lack there of make or brake a movie?
----- Good chemistry makes a movie! Imagine if Kristen and Rob weren't 'feeling' each other. When they look into each other's eyes in pivotal moments, it would feel empty. It would break the movie.

How does this chemistry effect the viewer?
----- Chemistry effects me as a viewer heavily. I have to believe what I am seeing between a pair. If I don't, I won't feel a connection to their high and low moments as a pair.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/KristinMarie/l_4e98df3f32a2b40a4dc96103e2f63888.png[/img]
[b]Team Edward.[/b]
[i]"I promise to love you forever - every single day of forever."[/i] ~ Edward Cullen

"December 12th is my birthday....the movie comes out that day....coincidence? Nah, Edward was thinking of me that day!" ~ Me
"I want to compromise Spunk Ransom's virtue." ~ Me ;)
Cheeky

Post by Cheeky »

Rubester wrote:i think rob and kristen have great chemistry but it just weirds me out that they bonded on last tango in paris ha.
lol. I'm pretty sure that was just a joke. :wink:
Come into my life, Regress into a dream, We will hide, Build a new reality
Draw another picture of the life you could have had, Follow your instincts
And choose the other path.
mlola619

Re: on-screen couples!

Post by mlola619 »

xxSwitzerlandxx wrote:Edward and Bella/Rob and Kristen-->from all that ive seen (a lot lol) im almost completely sure that they will show some GrEaT chemistry on-screen! They both seem so comfortable w/ each other during interviews, that really surprised me of Kristen. I dont know if anyone has noticed but she isnt exactly the most open and confident person in the world while she's being interviewed. she's always answering quickly, gets distracted easily, like she's trying to avoid the interviewer. But on the interview she had w/ Rob (MTV), the whole time she was looking at him and she was able to joke around. Of course he seemed more comfortable talking that her but they both seemed a little...evasive? I cant describe it. It was like they were saying inside jokes between themselves, and flirtting but at the same time trying to not make it seem like a big deal...its hard to explain but i really believe there is chemistry!
well said, although i never imagined Kristen being so funny & loose behind the scenes i never thought her role as bella was misplaced- she's always had such a talent to portray her characters in my opinion- not only that, but there is an interview (name escapes me at the moment) but Kristen does admit that she gets really nervous in big crowds & what not, obviously explaining why she seems to uptight in interviews & as if she's not interested...but DEFINATELY; they have AMAZING chemistry! I can't tell you how many times i almost fell out of my chair & had to remember to breathe watching these videos...especially the "dance scene", kristen's expressions were ON POINT! Displaying how she couldn't stop marveling at Edward's beauty and giving a hint to how nervous she was once he grabbed her hand- i almost heard Bella speaking out loud reading directly from the book of how her heatbeat goes berzerk around him....now waiting for 12.12 is REALLY going to be annoying haha. Rob also does such an excellent job of showing restraint in some areas, as if he's scared he'll break her or something (duh!) I'm glad these vids were released, finally get people off Kristen's back so they stop saying how "up tight" she is.
Okay, almost done with ranting on and on, but one more thing- Rob & Kristen ARE SO CUTE BEHIND THE SCENES! haha i squealed like a little girl on the 3rd video when it showed them messing around & being comfortable all the time. TWILIGHT!! COME OUT ALREADY!!!
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and I'm not leaving
Minireb123
Ignoring Renee's E-mails

Re: on-screen couples!

Post by Minireb123 »

they have AMAZING chemistry! I can't tell you how many times i almost fell out of my chair & had to remember to breathe watching these videos...especially the "dance scene", kristen's expressions were ON POINT! Displaying how she couldn't stop marveling at Edward's beauty and giving a hint to how nervous she was once he grabbed her hand- i almost heard Bella speaking out loud reading directly from the book of how her heatbeat goes berzerk around him....now waiting for 12.12 is REALLY going to be annoying haha. Rob also does such an excellent job of showing restraint in some areas, as if he's scared he'll break her or something (duh!) I'm glad these vids were released, finally get people off Kristen's back so they stop saying how "up tight" she is.
Okay, almost done with ranting on and on, but one more thing- Rob & Kristen ARE SO CUTE BEHIND THE SCENES! haha i squealed like a little girl on the 3rd video when it showed them messing around & being comfortable all the time. TWILIGHT!! COME OUT ALREADY!!!
ahh yea I know! I loved her expressions when she was "dancing" with Rob! Behind the scenes is great to! I love how she seems more comfortable in the interviews that she does with Rob as opposed to the ones that she has to do herself lol
[img]http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc242/Minireb123/fightaneclipse.jpg[/img]