Chapter One: Party

Our chapter by chapter discussion of New Moon.
NewMoonyay
Settled in Forks

Post by NewMoonyay »

What did you think about Bella's pleas for a celebration-less birthday? Did you think she was overreacting?

I laughed a little but i didn't think she was overreacting. Im sort of the same way, who wants 2 get older, especially if you are boyfriend gets 2 stay 17 4ever and ever.
[img]http://i27.tinypic.com/1692szt.jpg[/img]

elysiepiecie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by elysiepiecie »

1) When did you figure out that 'Gran' was really Bella? Were you surprised by the fact that she was looking in a mirror, or did you see it coming?
I saw it coming.

2) Do you think that the dream foreshadows anything besides Bella's fear of growing too old for Edward? Why or why not?
I hope that it is not a hint of what is to come. I am provampire Bella.

3) Were you surprised that Edward wasn't with Bella when she woke up? Why did you think he wasn't there?
Yes I was, I expected him to be there with her telling her Happy Birthday. I think that he wasn't there because he might have been helping set up for the party. Or maybe he was trying to respect some of Charlie's rules.

4) What did you think about Jasper's careful avoidance of Bella before they opened presents? Had you expected them to be closer after the Phoenix trip?
I think that he was just being precautious. I expected them to be closer, but he obviously doesn't trust himself yet.

5) What was your immediate reaction to the paper cut? What did you think about what happened after that?
I was like crap, that is such a typical thing to happen to Bella. I was a little surprised about her falling and getting twenty million shards of glass in her arm. It's understandable because it's Bella, but it's one of those moments where you just sort of shake your head going "This is not going to be pretty."

6) What did you think the repercussions of Jasper's accidental attack would be? Did you think, like Bella did, that she simply wouldn't be allowed to spend time at the Cullen's house any more?
I think that Edward would be a little more cautious around Bella and I think that Edward would tell Jasper to stay away for a while. I thought that the Cullens would always welcome Bella, but I thought there would be a lot of precautions with her coming over.

7) With all the mentions of Bella needing a new car, did you think that Edward had actually bought her one?
No I did not.

What did you think about Bella's pleas for a celebration-less birthday? Did you think she was overreacting?
I think she was overreacting a little, but I get the same way about being the center of attention.

9) What did you think when Bella said, 'Well, maybe Alice will give me what I want' ? What did you think about Edward's reaction to that?
I think that she meant that maybe Alice would turn her into a vampire. Edward's reaction was exactly what I expected.

Cullenesque71
Buying a Better Raincoat

Chapter 1: Party

Post by Cullenesque71 »

1) When did you figure out that Gran was really Bella? Were you surprised by the fact that she was looking in a mirror, or did you see it coming?

It didn't take long to figure out she was looking in a mirror...at least, it didn't take me long...esp. with the descriptions of Bella's feelings and Gran's facial expressions.

2) Do you think that the dream foreshadows anything besides Bella's fear of growing too old for Edward? Why or why not?

In my own paranoid world, I am desperately worried that her dream foreshadows Edward not being around...esp. when she looks in the mirror and he's not there. This scares me!!

3) Were you surprised that Edward wasn't with Bella when she woke up? Why did you think he wasn't there?

I was a bit surprised. I thought maybe he was doing special for her birthday...but maybe not.

4) What did you think about Jasper's careful avoidance of Bella before they opened presents? Had you expected them to be closer after the Phoenix trip?

I thought he was going back to what Edward has asked him to do. I didn't think they would be closer...just more comfortable. I mean, when they were in Phoenix, he said to her, "You're wrong. You are worth it." Obviously he can tell that Bella is of utmost importance to Edward, but I think he still doubts himself.

5) What was your immediate reaction to the paper cut? What did you think about what happened after that?

Immediate reaction: not that big of a deal...until the next sentence. I was horrified for Bella, embarrassed for Esme and Carlisle and Alice, and severely disappointed in Jasper. My heart broke for Edward...it was the answer to all of the questions he'd had about Bella being in danger when he was around.

6) What did you think the repercussions of Jasper's accidental attack would be? Did you think, like Bella did, that she simply wouldn't be allowed to spend time at the Cullens' house any more?

It was so early in the book, that I knew it would have far-reaching effects. I knew it would go way beyond "boundaries".

7) With all the mentions of Bella needing a new car, did you think that Edward had actually bought her one?

Not really--she wouldn't have wanted that...and he usually gives her what she wants--within reason.

8)What did you think about Bella's pleas for a celebration-less birthday? Did you think she was overreacting?

Pretty much...she way overreacted.

9) What did you think when Bella said, "Well, maybe Alice will give me what I wantâ" ? What did you think about Edward's reaction to that?

I thought it was her being a bit bratty...Edward had every right to get angry.

~Lisa~
[img]http://i29.tinypic.com/300haxd.jpg[/img]

EternalDawn
Settled in Forks

Post by EternalDawn »

Okay, so heres my answers.

1) When did you figure out that 'Gran' was really Bella? Were you surprised by the fact that she was looking in a mirror, or did you see it coming?

I was actually kind of proud of myself that i actually figured something out about a book before the book flat out told me. I kind of thought something was up from the second that both Bella and 'Gran' were doing the same thing at the exact same time. I thought that was kind of weird, so i was really confused. I figured out that it was Bella when 'Gran' put her arm around Edward, because Bella is the only person that would do that, even in a dream.

I think it forshadowed the fact of Bella's fear of growing to old for Edward, and them still being together when she's, like, 90 or something. Because i think that she's afraid that she'll grow to old, still love him the same way she does, and not be able to be in a relationship with him because it just wouldn't work out. But i don't think that it forshadows anything besides Bellas fear, because i just couldn't see Stephenie writing a book where she's been showing us that the only option is Bella getting turned in Breaking Dawn and then suddenly have Bella's worst fears come true right at the end with no warning. I just couldn't see it happening.

I was kind of suprised, though i honestly just thought at first that she woke up when he goes home to change or something. But when he didn't come back the second her dad walked out the door, i thought something was a bit weird.

I was honestly a bit mad at him, because i so want them to be really good friends! I mean, i thought he could have been more friendly, even from a distance. It was her birthday for goodness sake! I really thought that they would have been alot more friendly after the Phoenix trip, so i was kind of suprised that they weren't.

My immediate reaction to her getting a paper cut was somewhat calm, because i get paper cuts and alot of them don't bleed at all. I thought that she just broke the skin a little. But what happened afterward was like 'woah!' because it really reminded me of just what the Cullens are, even if they are of the vegitarian persuasion.

6) What did you think the repercussions of Jasper's accidental attack would be? Did you think, like Bella did, that she simply wouldn't be allowed to spend time at the Cullen's house any more?

I certainly didn't think that the repercussions would be what they were. I just thought that Bella wouldn't visit the house when Jasper was there, like they would set up something that would let Bella still come over--just not when Jasper was there.

I didn't think that Edward bought her a car simply for the reason that Bella would be very very angry at him and with her already being angry that its her birhtday he would try and avoid making her that mad as best as he could.

8) What did you think about Bella's pleas for a celebration-less birthday? Did you think she was overreacting?

I was kind of angry at her for not wanting a party. I mean, i would get it if she was sick or something, but she's perfectly fine! I was really thinking 'Bella! You're getting gifts! Be happy!'

9) What did you think when Bella said, "Well, maybe Alice will give me what I want?" What did you think about Edward's reaction to that?

I really thought that Bella was being insensative by saying that she could get Alice to do it, because i don't think that she really understands Edwards feelings about it. I also thought that she was being very selfish about the whole thing. I mean, how would Alice feel about being the one that caused Bella to endure horrifying pain for 3 straight days? I was very very angry at her. And as to Edwards reaction i thought he was tottaly justified in his reaction, he even had the right to get even more angry. Though the growling would scare me a little.
[img]http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n44/yoshiracer13/Twilight/Banners/Heroin2.jpg[/img]
"If everyone cared, and nobody cried, if everyone loved, and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride then we'd see the day that nobody died"~Nickelback

jaspersfanpire
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Resurrecting Edward from the book and into real life

Post by jaspersfanpire »

1. I don't remember exactly when I figured it out. I think it was around when she would move and 'Gran' would move the same way and have the same expressions.

2. I think it also foreshadowed that Edward and Bella will be together for a long time.

3. I was very surprised that he wasn't there. I had no idea why he wasn't there.

4. I did expect them to be a little closer, but I guessed that Edward was just being overprotective again.

5. I thought Jasper's reaction was a little overdramatic. It was only one tiny drop of blood, I thought he at least had more control than that. Everyone else's reaction made sense. Of course, Edward made it worse by throwing Bella into the glass. But I guess he wasn't really concerned with where she landed, as long as she was away from Jasper.

6. I thought they would all have to spend a lot of time trying to convince Jasper that what he did was completely understandable. Not once did I think the cullens or their house would be off-limits. I just didn't want to think that anything bad would happen as a result.

7. No, I didn't think that Edward would do that. He knew of Bella's reactions to presents, and one that big would just push her over the edge.

8. Uh, she wasn't overreacting. I know what it feels like to hate being the center of attention. But she could have at least accepted the gifts with good grace-it was her birthday! It's not like everyone was just buying her presents for the heck of it.

9. It seemed to me that Bella was bringing it up way too much. She knew how Edward felt about it-it was like she was asking for an argument.
"I was with Edward in my happy place."

atrociousprincess
Learning to Love Green

Post by atrociousprincess »

1. I was as surprised as Bella
2. nope, I can't see anything else hidden in there
3. I didn't think anything of it, I just figured he'd gone home to do whatever
4. I was surprised that he wasn't friendlier after Phoenix, but I figured he was thirsty
5. NOOO! :shock: so something like Edward's. I was half-expecting Edward to attack her...or at least be a little more tempted. I knew those glass plates were trouble though! Was everyone just going to stand around and pretend to eat cake or something? And, I had already suspected that Jasper was thirsty. SO, I guess I wasn't too surprised.
6. I didn't think it would be a big deal at all! I thought Jasper would just stay away even more.
7. No, Edward wouldn't do that without warning, and not when Bella didn't even want to mention her birthday
8. I didn't think Bella was overreacting at all! I would have freaked out too after the Gran dream (and maybe birthdays aren't such a huge deal to her normally too).
9. I think that they both knew it was a harmless threat, so I guess Edward overreacted. He freaks out over hypothetical stuff all the time though, so it wasn't unexpected (he should probably work on that :roll: )

natanyx
Wandering Through Town

Post by natanyx »

Nope, I think it foreshadows her biggest fear, getting old without him, because logically, that's what worries her most right now, that it's all too good to be true.

I was a bit surprised.. I'm guessing he was doing something for her birthday. :D

Well, I think it's only easier for Jasper if Bella is around for extended periods of time. If she keeps coming and going, it doesn't entirely make it any easier for him to "stay calm" when around her.

I thought the entire family was going to have a go at her, to be honest, even as silly as that sounds. But I didn't think a paper cut would be *that* monumental, goes to show just how sensitive vampires really are to human blood, even the most tamed.

6) What did you think the repercussions of Jasper's accidental attack would be? Did you think, like Bella did, that she simply wouldnâ't be allowed to spend time at the Cullens house any more?

I figured Edward wouldn't let her near the house, or if he did, not within range of Jasper.

I figured that might be was Emmett was up to. :D But hey, a new radio works. :D I have a feeling Edward figured a car would make her far more upset than it was worth.

-NewBorn-
Settled in Forks

Post by -NewBorn- »

1. When did you figure out that Gran was really Bella? Were you surprised by the fact that she was looking in a mirror, or did you see it coming?

I did not see that coming. *laugh`s* I didn`t even realized she was looking in a mirror till the very end of the dream!

No, I think the dream only focuses on her fear of getting old without him. None of her other worries/problems are shown in the dream.

I was surprised, he`s (almost) always there when Bella wake`s up!

Not really, I didn`t think they would "magicaly" get closer after the trip. And I think his avoidance towards Bella was because he was very thirsty that day and wanted to stay away from her, just to be safe.

I immediatly thought "Oh, no.". And I thought the same as you, I thought the whole family would jump at her. *laugh`s*

6) What did you think the repercussions of Jaspers accidental attack would be? Did you think, like Bella did, that she simply wouldnâ't be allowed to spend time at the Cullens house any more?

I didn`t know what the repercussions of Jaspers sccidental attack would be, and I didn`t think Bella wouldn`t be alowed to spend time at the Cullens house anymore.

No, I knew he wouldn`t buy her a car. It would upset Bella to much. But I wasn`t expecting the new raidio that Emmett put in it!

iloveawerewolf...
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by iloveawerewolf... »

I was very surprised by that fact, I didn't even seen it coming.

I didn't think the dreams were foreshadowing anything besides Bella's fear of growing too old for Edward-I don't know why but I really didn't think too much about the dream.

haha, I guess I didn't notice that Edward wasn't there, I didn't think twice of his presence not mentioned.

I didn't expect them to be closer. It has been mentioned that Jasper still isn't used to this 'vegetarian' diet yet (he doesn't go to school..) and I just think it's him being cautious. He wouldn't have been able to live with himself if he did something to Bella.

"Uh-oh" was my reaction. What happened afterwards was chaotic but expected. Edward was proctecting Bella (and in a way Jasper too-if Jasper bite Bella..I don't think he would be able to live with himself..especially with how he responded just by trying to get to her) Jasper was reacting to his instincts and it was crazyy.

I thought nothing would happen. She woudl still be able to go to the Cullen's house.

No because Edward knows how much Bella hates him spending money on her..buying her a car would probably just pissed her off.

8) What did you think about Bella's pleas for a celebration-less birthday? Did you think she was overreacting?

No because I'm sort of the same way. She hates being in the spot-light and by pleaing for a smaller deal on her birthday she won't be in the spotlight as much.

9) What did you think when Bella said, 'Well, maybe Alice will give me what I want' ? What did you think about Edward's reaction to that?

I thought that was a low blow towards Edward. I know she wants to be turned but I thought, at this point in the book , she didn't know what she was asking for. And Bella was just asking for an arguement.
[color=cyan]"He was everywhere. The piercing sunlight turned my eyelidsred, and the color fit, matched the heat. The heat was everywhere. I couldn't see or hear or feel anything that wasn't Jacob."

[b]Team Jacob[/b]: Proud member of the .5 %
[i]I am an official Creeper of Taylor Lautner <3[/i]
Giving him some 'werewolfness'

[b]Twilight.Playlist.Dorks.
-Taking fandom to the extreme-[/b]
TPD Code of Honor: Only True Twilight Fans Love New Moon. [/color]