Chapter Twenty-two: Flight

Our chapter by chapter discussion of New Moon.
masochisticlion
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter Twenty-two: Flight

Post by masochisticlion »

Cocoa wrote:Questions by Cocoa:

1) Gianna wants to be a member of the Volturi, knowing full well what they do. What is your opinion of her?
She is deluded into thinking that this is the only type of vampire life their is. S'not her fault.
2) Edward has a break through with his thirst, how do you feel this will impact their future?
he will want Bella even more
3) There was a stark contrast between the celebration outside and the reality of the nightmare, how did this impact your view of the vampire world?
hmmm...
4) Have you ever been reunited with a lost love, were your actions cautious at first?
nope, I have yet to meet la tua cantante
5) Alice wants a Porsche 911 Turbo (Yellow) What do you want?
A silver Volvo... :)
6) Do you forgive Rosalie?
Only slightly...okay now she's forgiven. :D
Edward Cullen

Jennmc
Wandering Through Town

Post by Jennmc »

1) Gianna wants to be a member of the Volturi, knowing full well what they do. What is your opinion of her?
I think she is seduced by the whole vampire being a romantic thing. Did she really have a clue what she was getting into when she sent in her resume?!

2) Edward has a break through with his thirst, how do you feel this will impact their future?
I think it will allow them to be closer.

3) There was a stark contrast between the celebration outside and the reality of the nightmare, how did this impact your view of the vampire world?
On the vampire world in Volturi I found it rather ironic that these people have no clue the very thing they are celebrating be gone is actually running their city.

4) Have you ever been reunited with a lost love, were your actions cautious at first?
never been reunited with a lost love.

Anything that is European, fast and a stick shift :twisted:

Absolutely.

darkangel_8694
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by darkangel_8694 »

I know I'm not answering the q's, but I want to know, (since this is discussion of this chapter) Is Jane black? I'm not being offense, but I mean her skin tone? Vampires are supposed to be pale, right? But it said her skin was 'almost black'. And also, why do some vampires have olive skin? Is it because being a vampire doesn't make you white, but paler? I'm confused. :3
Come here Jacob. I'll make you feel loved. <3

TEAM: Switzerland

~I'm on both teams.~ :D

nostalgicmiss
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by nostalgicmiss »

I think she maybe a little sadistic, true Bella does want to become a vampire but she also wants to live the Cullen lifestyle. I think this is understandable. To be a human who wants to become a vampire that kills humans is a little twisted, I'm sure a lot of vampires had no choice in their changes but to know what is happening there and be okay with it just doesn't seem right.

I think it will make them stronger, the fact that he thought he lost Bella had tortured him and he never wants to go through that again. The reality of it is that I'm sure his thirst is nothing compared with his love for her anymore I'm sure this whole situation made that perfectly clear.

It's probably a lot darker than Bella had ever realized and those moments when they were with the Volturi puts how pure the Cullen's are into perspective. Yes Jasper may have slipped up but he had his family there to help him.
I think it also shows the contrast between the many mythological vampires and the vampires in Bella's world.

I've never been in this situation, so it's hard to say what I would do.

I want a black Lamborghini Diablo, or an silver 2009 Camero with black racing stripes

Yeah I really do, she can be a royal pain in the butt but I think that in the right situation she could be really nice. She gets a bad wrap, she's vain, materialistic and tenacious but I think there has to be some good in her. Otherwise she wouldn't be a Cullen!
[img]http://www.elkevents.com/love.jpg[/img]
My fanfiction Story, I always wondered about Alice, she's one of my favorite characters.<a href="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4188861/1/Throught_the_Eyes_of_Alice_Cullen">Through the Eyes of Alice Cullen</a>
<a href="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4256119/1/Darkest_Night"> Darkest Night, Alice Fan Fic </a>

edwardluvr93
Wandering Through Town
Location: in a meadow somewhere waiting for Edward to show up

chap. 22

Post by edwardluvr93 »

1.) I really don't like Gianna. I don't understand why she would want to become a member of the Volturi, I could see becoming a vampire and being a member of a coven like the Cullens, but the Volturi? Is she nuts?!

2.) I think the fact that Edward's eyes could be as black as black as can be and he is still be able to be around Bella without fear of losing control of his thirst will be a major part of their relationship now. Edward learned that his love for Bella overpowers his thirst for her blood and that will dramatically impact their relationship.

3.) I already knew that the rest of the vampire world outside of the Cullen clan wasn't pretty, but my view was changed dramatically when they met the Volturi. I was very glad when Edward and Alice turned down the Volturi's invitation to become members of the Volturi Guard.

4.) No, can't say that I have. But I lost contact with one of my best friends when her house burned down and now I get to spend the entire summer with her, not to mention drama next year, so I am extremely excited about that.

5. Oh goodness, I would love to have either a '08 electric blue Saab convertible, '08 black Roush mustang hardtop, red BMW convertible M3, a tricked out Jeep, or a shiny silver Volvo :D (I know, I like the most expensive cars on the carlot, or so I've been told).

6.) I forgive her a little bit. But not until Eclipse when she explains to Bella why she doesn't want her to become a vampire, for the same reason Edward doesn't want her to be changed, so she won't miss out on her human life.

By the way, this my favorite chapter in the whole book.
"Are you still dizzy from the run? Or was it from my kissing expertise?"
"I can't be sure, I'm still woozy," I managed to respond. "I think it's some of both, though."

kenna
Settled in Forks

Post by kenna »

I think that she just wants to be beautiful like then. Or she hates being human.

I think he will be able to handle the whole sex thing better. =)

It didn't really have an impact. I just think that they want their world to be as perfect as it can be. =)

Yes, very. I had a hard time letting him back in.

SAME!!

Mostly. She just wanted Edward to know that Bella was "dead" but she didn't know how to tell him. She could've been a little more cautious and gotten ALL of the facts before she jumped to conclusions.
[img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm26/flipflopkitty/twilighticons/twilight_confession09.png[/img][img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm26/flipflopkitty/twilighticons/newmoon_confession12.png[/img][img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm26/flipflopkitty/twilighticons/eclipse_confession02.png[/img][img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm26/flipflopkitty/twilighticons/breakingdawn_prediction01.png[/img]

icons courtesy of indecentexposed on LiveJournal!!!

CamberXite
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by CamberXite »

Gianna wants to be a member of the Volturi, knowing full well what they do. What is your opinion of her?

Well I think she's very brave to even be in the same house as them.. I mean seriously, I would be scared!

Edward has a break through with his thirst, how do you feel this will impact their future?

I think that it will finally let them be together without fearing what might happen.

There was a stark contrast between the celebration outside and the reality of the nightmare, how did this impact your view of the vampire world?

It didn't at all, I still think its better than the human world! LOL

Have you ever been reunited with a lost love, were your actions cautious at first?

Yeah, because you never know....

Alice wants a Porsche 911 Turbo (Yellow) What do you want?

Aston Martin Vanquish!

Do you forgive Rosalie?

Yeah :D
<center>[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6910/heartci7.png[/img]
[color=black][b] ✖ Chicken Noodle Soup and 2 Sodas on The Side! Aussie at heart !! ✖
Awesome banner and avie by Kit! <3[/color][/b]

[b][url=http://roomofrequirement.omgforum.net]CLICK HERE! ♥ Check Yes Juliet! ♥[/url][/b]<center>

ReneeMonty

Post by ReneeMonty »

She's a very SICK person. :shock: How could she ever want to join them!?! She knows what they do to innocent people! She probably wont become a 'vegetarian' vampire so that meens she finds it okay to slaughter people. Can't believe someone wants to do that! :?

First i was like: Wauw thats something impressive! :D It will be for sure positive for ther future if he can control himself better. :P

That was like good and evil in the same building! Room one evil hunting human blood drinking vampires. Room two nice 'vegetarian' vampires. :lol: Two complete different worlds! That was probably the moment i completely realized how difficult it was for the Cullens to not drink human blood. Because it seems so easy i never completely understanded how hard it is, now i do.

No never. Haven't found somebody who i really love so ther isn't someone i want to return to. :wink: Ugh don't want to return to sertan people. :lol: I hope i never have to deal with what Bella had to deal with when Edward left! I wouldn't take it very well i think....

What i want? I don't have a drivers licence so what do i need a car for? Just to stare at it? :lol: If it can drive i find it okay. Yes don't love cars much so don't now what i want haha.

At first? No. But after reading the chapter on Stephenie's website where Rosalie calls Edwrad i can. But only if she never ever does something like that again!

alsha
Wandering Through Town

Post by alsha »

that she's crazy!!

i thought it was awesome!! it would be so good for their future

it was weird it was like the good and the bad in the same place

not reunited yet but hopefully getting there

ok if you don't know my story you won't understand what this means, but i completelly understand this books because they relate so much to me everything is like exactly the same exept he's not a vampire... anyways what i want is Dillon's happiness and nothing more!!!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOO! after he put Edward on danger yeah rigth!!

admirallily
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: In a big white house in the forest by the river. They say vampires live here.

Re: Chapter Twenty-two: Flight

Post by admirallily »

[quote="Cocoa"]Questions by Cocoa:

A: Yikes.

A: Again, the danger he fears he holds for her no longer includes his desire to kill her for her blood but the fear that he will kill or hurt her accidentally due to his natural strength.

A: Yes because she was sincere (unlike Jake at times) but nowhere near as quickly as Bella did.
[img]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i165/admirallily/17AgainQuotebyAL.gif[/img]
Hee! I crack up every time I see that clip!