Chapter Twenty-two: Flight

Our chapter by chapter discussion of New Moon.
Hereandthere
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by Hereandthere »

1) Gianna wants to be a member of the Volturi, knowing full well what they do. What is your opinion of her?

Well I definitely do not think too highly of her. I don't think that the whole transforming into a vampire thing is a wise idea for Bella being a "vegetarian" but to do it willingly and KNOW that you will be killing other people. People who could have known who you are before or may never know you and that you will know the horror that they went through beforehand and you WILL be inflicting that. Yeah it's actually pretty disgusting.

2) Edward has a break through with his thirst, how do you feel this will impact their future?

Well they will definitely probably be able to be closer physically because he won't think that he will harm her as much. And he probably won't continue with his long winded (or not really as he doesn't NEED to breathe haha xD) speeches of how is dangerous and such.

3) There was a stark contrast between the celebration outside and the reality of the nightmare, how did this impact your view of the vampire world?

It's nice to pretend that things are horrifying than to actually be in the presence of something horrifying. I actually sort of saw this as SM's way of trying to show not just the regular persepection of vampires verses how they "really" are but how the fans are in "love" with them and want to be vampires but she needs to show you how it really is something that is pretty horrible.

4) Have you ever been reunited with a lost love, were your actions cautious at first?

Not in the same sense. With a good friend after a bit of a fallout and yes I was very much cautious with how I acted and with waht I said because of the fear that the smallest thing would trigger a bad reaction.

5) Alice wants a Porsche 911 Turbo (Yellow) What do you want?

I don't know much about cars so I guess that one. :D Actually I've always wanted a BMW so I wouldn't say no to Roaslie's M3 either.

6) Do you forgive Rosalie?

I don't think I was really upset with her to have to forgive her. She made an honest mistakea nd she did feel dreadful about it afterwards.
Here, there, and everywhere...that's where you'll find me.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/RaiderCrash89/edward.jpg[/img] [img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd257/RensFeathers/Random/EdsPeople.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdamLgrH9hM]Check out Twilight for Dummies![/url] :D

elysiepiecie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by elysiepiecie »

1) Gianna wants to be a member of the Volturi, knowing full well what they do. What is your opinion of her?
I can't really judge her because Bella wants the same thing. They both want to be vampires, it just so happens that one of the covens are "vegetarians".

2) Edward has a break through with his thirst, how do you feel this will impact their future?
I think it means that Edward will be able to handle more physical contact with Bella. I don't think it will make him be any less cautious, but he may be able to handle it better.

3) There was a stark contrast between the celebration outside and the reality of the nightmare, how did this impact your view of the vampire world?
It made the vampire world seem very dark at the moment. But it only made it seem so for the Volturi's world and not so much for the Cullens.

4) Have you ever been reunited with a lost love, were your actions cautious at first?
I've never been in love 

I personally like the Aston Martin Vanquish, but I would also like a 1967 Ford Mustang. I have always been a classic car type of girl, until Top Gear along with SM introduced me to the luxury cars.

I do. It was a mistake that shouldn't have been made, but I do find it in my heart to forgive her.

atrociousprincess
Learning to Love Green

Post by atrociousprincess »

1. Gianna is probably just vain, she wants to be incredibly beautiful, even if it means that she has to murder tourists
2. It would mean that they could get more physical...if Edward wasn't so cautious. It also means he has less of a reason to not change her :)
3. I guess it almost made it seem more secretive. It really brought out the underground aspect of how the Volturi live. That didn't make sense
4. I've never been in love
5. I just want a nice BMW convertible...or an Edward :wink:
6. I guess I forgive Rosalie, because she really didn't cause any harm. And I'm bad at holding grudges :oops:
[img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm26/flipflopkitty/twilighticons/twilight_confession02.png[/img][img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm26/flipflopkitty/twilighticons/eclipse_confession06.png[/img] [img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm26/flipflopkitty/twilighticons/newmoon_confession12.png[/img][img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm26/flipflopkitty/twilighticons/twilight_confession18.png[/img]

jaspersfanpire
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Resurrecting Edward from the book and into real life

Post by jaspersfanpire »

1. Well, she's obviously a little twisted or something to want to be a part of that. But she could just be desperate to save her life-that's perfectly understandable. She probably wouldn't mind being stunningly beautiful, either.

2. They'll be able to be closer, which will cause Edward to feel less helpless around her. He might be more confindent of himself. This could also allow Bella to feel like she can do more with him, and therefore push his new set limits.

3. Inside the Volturi's palace, they couldn't really celebrate openly that much because danger was still near. Also, Edward and Bella were just focused on their reunion, not their lives so much. Also, the Volturi were royal vampires so to speak, and you should always be proper and formal in the prescence of royalty. Outside, they were away from danger for the time being and they were with their family. It's easy to burst into celebration with your family. So I suppose you could conclude that even vampires will enjoy the comfort of familiar faces.

4. No, I don't love anyone like that yet.

5. I want a van. The one with the foldable table in the middle of it. Oh yeah.
And definately a volvo, too. Can't forget the volvo. I also wouldn't mind having a mercedes one day.

6. I don't really like Rosalie that much, but she did seem genuinely sorry to Bella and Edward. She's growing on me.
"I was with Edward in my happy place."

SparklePixie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by SparklePixie »

A little messed up in the head if she actually thinks that when she there is no use for her she wouldn't be viewed as dinner. I wondered if she was involved with a member of the Volturi but still Gianna gives me the creeps. Unlike Bella who wants to be with the man she loves forever, who does Gianna have? I saw her as someone who has just filled her head with ideas about how wonderful it is to be a vamp, but never once thought about the consequences.

I think its a great thing because he will need that if he has any hope in the future of being together with Bella for (hopefully) ever.

It really freaked me out. If I were there to witness all of that like Bella, I would have been shaking just like her. Those Volturi's are some scary monsters. It really put into perspective that not all vampires are nice and as humane as the Cullens are.

Nope, never.

A Porsche 911 Turbo in a candy apple red. Its been my dream care since I was a little girl. I view it as my Eleanor.

Part of me did because that's Rosalie for ya. What more could you really expected from Rosalie than for her to be...well...Rosalie. :lol: The other part believed she was only sorry because everyone was mad at her. That and I don't think think that she would have wanted Edward dying. It would have made Emmett sad and if there is one person she cares about besides herself it would be Emmett.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/Colebe/alicejasper.gif[/img]