Chapter Nineteen: Race

Our chapter by chapter discussion of New Moon.
Hereandthere
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by Hereandthere »

1) Alice told Jasper she would get out, and then told Bella she hated lying to him, did this put you on edge?

Yes it did. With the way Alice seems sure of herself, it was very disheartening to see her react this way to everything I was in a bit of panic I must admit.

2) We learn a great deal about the Volturi in this chapter, what are your impressions of the Volturi now that their meeting is inevitable?

I am really intrigued by them. I don't know why but even when I finished NM, they aren't the "bad" guys to me and they are much more interesting than I would have thought.

3) Bella found it comforting to know that if they were too late she would have an "easy way out" did this frighten you, considering the Romeo and Juliet illusions?

Yes it did actually. It was staring to shap up into a Romeo and Juliet fate much more than I would have thought. The only thing that kept me sane was the fact that Eclipse was in the next room so I knew that she had to make it.

4) Alice promises to change Bella, did this make you optimistic for the future? How did you think that Edward would react to that?

I don't think Edward would have been exactly happy with that the way that he had been adimant about not changing her. And I've always been shaky on the idea of Bella being changed because she is going to regret it at some point.

5)Edward's plans were set, the steps for exposure in motion, were you afraid for his life?

Yes, because it was bound to get him killed and it was just so simple but Alice didn't seem on edge anymore which worried me more than it comforted because it seemed like she was sure about what was to come but not that it was good.

6)Describe your adrenaline rush:

At this point, my eyes had bulged out of my eyes and I was imagining all sortd of crazy things that might happen. And I have this incredibly bad habit of when I get over excited with my imagination or am thinking about it, I get up from whatever I'm doing and start pacing around very quickly and that's what I started to do! I would read a page and pace/almost run around the little area for about 5 minutes and go back.

It was bad...
Here, there, and everywhere...that's where you'll find me.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/RaiderCrash89/edward.jpg[/img] [img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd257/RensFeathers/Random/EdsPeople.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdamLgrH9hM]Check out Twilight for Dummies![/url] :D

Alice'sBFF&Edward'sLu
Settled in Forks
Location: Behind my computer, making flashy images with the BD quotes...

Post by Alice'sBFF&Edward'sLu »

1) Alice told Jasper she would get out, and then told Bella she hated lying to him, did this put you on edge?

YES!!! I thought she had seen a trap or something, or knew that she probably wouldn't because it's the Volturi.

2) We learn a great deal about the Volturi in this chapter, what are your impressions of the Volturi now that their meeting is inevitable?

I.... uh... they seem like nice people.... when they're in a good mood. But, y'know, trying to keep from killing Bella isn't always a trigger for a good mood.

3) Bella found it comforting to know that if they were too late she would have an "easy way out" did this frighten you, considering the Romeo and Juliet illusions?

Yes. Very much so. I mean, I could never be that heartless! Sure, Edward's - dare I say it - dead, but c'mon! Charlie would say "hmmm... Alice left like a bat out of hell with Bella, and they aren't back." He's not stupid, and would raise some Cain for sure.

4) Alice promises to change Bella, did this make you optimistic for the future? How did you think that Edward would react to that?

It made me not really optimistic, but happy that Bella would get what she wanted. Edward got really mad when the Cullens voted yes for her to become a vampire, so he'd be SUPER mad when he sees her as one, without him having a say.

5)Edward's plans were set, the steps for exposure in motion, were you afraid for his life?

YESSSS! God, I thought he was going to SPARKLE! Usually that's all cool and sexy, but as a suicide attempt!

6)Discribe your adrenaline rush:

"Oh...my gosh.... oooh my gosh! Edward Anthony Masen Cullen, you take one more step and I will bite you! Run, Bella, run! If you trip into him, better! Cause when he sees you trip, he'll know it's you, cause you're the klutziest girl in the world! RUN!!!!!!!"
Visit my Twilight site for fanfics, forum avatars, videos, and more!
www.freewebs.com/countrybrunette

elysiepiecie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by elysiepiecie »

Just a little. But I understood that her visions could change and that there was hope yet.

I thought the Volturi were untouchable. I think there is a change coming for them though, but I can't quite figure out what. I think it is time for the monarchy to change some of its rules. I think they need to have more empathy.

No, not really. I was on a high during this chapter from all the excitement. I knew that no matter what, Edward and Bella would be together and that sounded good to me.

It did make me optimistic for the future. I thought Edward would take it in stride, thinking that maybe this time the separation would change his mind a bit.

I was afraid for his life. I was worried he wouldn't see Bella in time.

6)Describe your adrenaline rush:
There are no words to describe it coherently. I was on pins and needles the entire time. It was as if I was running to save him myself and I couldn't get to Edward fast enough.

atrociousprincess
Learning to Love Green

Post by atrociousprincess »

1. YES!
2. At first they sounded pretty menacing, because they might kill Edward :shock:, but I actually find them really fascinating! I hope we'll get to find out more about them in BD
3. Well, by the time I had first read New Moon, Eclipse was already out, so I knew they weren't going to die.
4. It definitely made me optimistic for the future. Edward would have been angry with Alice for a while, but he would have come around and then they would all live happily ever after :D
5. YES!
6. I think I just started crying and speed reading...which is no easy task :wink:
[img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm26/flipflopkitty/twilighticons/twilight_confession02.png[/img][img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm26/flipflopkitty/twilighticons/eclipse_confession06.png[/img] [img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm26/flipflopkitty/twilighticons/newmoon_confession12.png[/img][img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm26/flipflopkitty/twilighticons/twilight_confession18.png[/img]

jaspersfanpire
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Resurrecting Edward from the book and into real life

Post by jaspersfanpire »

1. No, not all. I knew how the Volturi were feared and Alice had already explained how dangerous the approaching situation would be.

2. I was scared. It was kind of surreal (haha) reading about all the bad talk about the Volturi and then the extremely long walk through the tunnels, and then the Volturi themselves. I'll admit I was a little afraid and unsure of what was coming.

3. It didn't necessarily frighten me, but I was concerned that Bella was willing and hoping to die if Edward couldn't be saved.

4. I didn't like that she promised that. I couldn't believe that that conversation took place. At this point, Bella still thought that Edward didn't love her, but this made it seem that he still did. Why would Bella want to force herself upon Edward if she knew (or thought, rather) that Edward didn't love her? It didn't make sense to me. But if Alice had changed Bella, I think Edward would have been beyond furious. Afterall, the reason he left in the first place was so that Bella could lead a happy human life. It would be do devastating for him to know that those months of his suffering had been wasted.

5. Yes, I was. I was like yelling at Bella to stop being so clumsy and run faster to go save Edward! Run, Bella, run!!! I almost cried for him.
"I was with Edward in my happy place."

jaspersfanpire
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Resurrecting Edward from the book and into real life

Post by jaspersfanpire »

1. No, not all. I knew how the Volturi were feared and Alice had already explained how dangerous the approaching situation would be.

2. I was scared. It was kind of surreal (haha) reading about all the bad talk about the Volturi and then the extremely long walk through the tunnels, and then the Volturi themselves. I'll admit I was a little afraid and unsure of what was coming.

3. It didn't necessarily frighten me, but I was concerned that Bella was willing and hoping to die if Edward couldn't be saved.

4. I didn't like that she promised that. I couldn't believe that that conversation took place. At this point, Bella still thought that Edward didn't love her, but this made it seem that he still did. Why would Bella want to force herself upon Edward if she knew (or thought, rather) that Edward didn't love her? It didn't make sense to me. But if Alice had changed Bella, I think Edward would have been beyond furious. Afterall, the reason he left in the first place was so that Bella could lead a happy human life. It would be do devastating for him to know that those months of his suffering had been wasted.

5. Yes, I was. I was like yelling at Bella to stop being so clumsy and run faster to go save Edward! Run, Bella, run!!! I almost cried for him.

6. I was completely on edge and I just wanted to take over for Bella so I could run to go get him. I was thinking- No! No! This is NOT happening!
"I was with Edward in my happy place."