Chapter Nineteen: Race

Our chapter by chapter discussion of New Moon.
CamberXite
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by CamberXite »

1) Alice told Jasper she would get out, and then told Bella she hated lying to him, did this put you on edge?

I was well worried, who wasn't at that part? I really thought Alice was going to die! lol

2) We learn a great deal about the Volturi in this chapter, what are your impressions of the Volturi now that their meeting is inevitable?

I fell in love with the Volturi! Especially Jane!

3) Bella found it comforting to know that if they were too late she would have an "easy way out" did this frighten you, considering the Romeo and Juliet illusions?

I did kind of frighten me , but I knew that nothing serious would happen!

4) Alice promises to change Bella, did this make you optimistic for the future? How did you think that Edward would react to that?

I was really excited at this point , I knew Edward was going to be mad about it , but there was nothing that could make her change her mind...

5)Edward's plans were set, the steps for exposure in motion, were you afraid for his life?

Yeshhh!! I was really scared , I found myself sitting up on my bed with my face down reading and reading and reading until it was over haha

6)Discribe your adrenaline rush:

I was hyperventilating!! Seriously , I had to stand at times because I seriously couldn't breathe lol
<center>[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6910/heartci7.png[/img]
[color=black][b] ✖ Chicken Noodle Soup and 2 Sodas on The Side! Aussie at heart !! ✖
Awesome banner and avie by Kit! <3[/color][/b]

[b][url=http://roomofrequirement.omgforum.net]CLICK HERE! ♥ Check Yes Juliet! ♥[/url][/b]<center>

nostalgicmiss
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by nostalgicmiss »

1) Alice told Jasper she would get out, and then told Bella she hated lying to him, did this put you on edge?
Very much so, we know about Alice's abilities and we know that she has some idea of what is to come, if I hadn't of know there was a third book I would have seriously freaked out.

2) We learn a great deal about the Volturi in this chapter, what are your impressions of the Volturi now that their meeting is inevitable?
I think that they were scarier now than ever simply because they would "Take care" of Edward if he provoked them. I think that they would be a lot darker than they were portrayed in Carlisle's painting and that they were more sinister than we could possibly imagine.

3) Bella found it comforting to know that if they were too late she would have an "easy way out" did this frighten you, considering the Romeo and Juliet illusions?
Very much so, there are so many similarities to Romeo and Juliet and the comment Edward had made whilst watching Romeo and Juliet made it pretty evident that the two of them probably held the same frame of mind, if one was killed the other would follow.

4) Alice promises to change Bella, did this make you optimistic for the future? How did you think that Edward would react to that?
I knew Edward would be mad, if they got through this and he knew that Alice had promised Bella Immortality he would flip out, it's the reason he left to protect her from all of it. But I think it needs to happen because Bella can't live with out him and vice versa and it would be the only uncomplicated solution. Anyways who wouldn't want to spend eternity with their soul mate???

5)Edward's plans were set, the steps for exposure in motion, were you afraid for his life?
Most definitely, there was always a chance the would be too late, and you could feel the urgency for Bella. She was so desperate to save him that it was her all consuming thought.

6)Describe your adrenaline rush:
I don't think I breathed too much during the entire time they were in Italy.
[img]http://www.elkevents.com/love.jpg[/img]
My fanfiction Story, I always wondered about Alice, she's one of my favorite characters.<a href="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4188861/1/Throught_the_Eyes_of_Alice_Cullen">Through the Eyes of Alice Cullen</a>
<a href="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4256119/1/Darkest_Night"> Darkest Night, Alice Fan Fic </a>

heathcliffscathy
Settled in Forks

Post by heathcliffscathy »

I had already been on edge the second I foudn out what was happening. I get very involved in the books I read, I think that comment but me over the edge, I had to read and read and read. Couldn't put the darn thing down.

I was extremely scared!!! I knew that the Volturi would be very very upset about Bella knowing about their secret considering we all knew that they were the 'peacekeepers' to the vampires. I was very worried about them leaving with Bella once the Volturi wanted them to go with them.

No it didn't frighten me. To frighten me would be for Bella to wonder what she would do after. If Edward would die to see Bella wherever the people who die go, she would do the same. I've always known it.

I believe that Bella will always prefer Edward to change her, and I feel that she will wait for him to do it for her, even though at that point we didn't know his condition. I don't think Bella would let Alice change her. Edward would growl and be angry yatta yatta yatta...etc etc etc...it wouldn't happen, period.

Extremely, I was crying, praying that Bella reach him in time. Lolz.

Tears. :oops:
"If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger." - Cathy [i]Wuthering Heights[/i]

mynameisbellaswan...iwish
Settled in Forks

Post by mynameisbellaswan...iwish »

When Alice told Bella she hated lying to him, it did put me on the edge because it kind of gave me the foreboding that someone was going to die. I really thought that something was going to happen to them and if a beloved character did die, I was definitely NOT ready for that.

My impressions of the Volturi now that their meeting is inevitable is really just sheer - "WOAHNESS". I am amazed at their power and the physical descriptions Stephenie gives them is also so interesting - from their almost transluceny type of skin and their incredible powers, it's intimidating. *Sigh*, yet another problem Bella has to face. I really am now anticipating whether or not they really will follow through with their check on Bella to turn her into a vampire.
Also, Jane especially interests me and her partner Alec. They're described almost as if children... it's hard for me to picture really.

It didn't really frighten me because I knew that Stephenie couldn't end Bella or Edward's life NOW. There were still two more books promised! And how could that happen if she died and how could she have written her story from her point of view then?! I also knew that Stephenie would be more original than follow the Romeo and Juliet illusions very literally. They were just to enchance the reading, not to go by it necessarily.

It did make me optimistic, yet not, too, at the same time. This is because I would love love love for her to be able to spend eternity with Edward and the Cullens, but that would sort of mean an end of something... like as if the series would go off in a total direction. I think it would be weird for me seeing her as a new vampire Bella... I thought that Edward was definitely not going to take that well knowing his over-protectiveness and carefullness with Bella and also his belief that he really had no soul anymore. Clearly, he loves Bella so much, he doesn't want her to be stuck with what he thinks is eternal damnation.

I was most definitely afraid for him! I was going crazy reading! Race is definitely the perfect word to describe what I was feeling as well as what was happening in the chapter. However, I knew she couldn't kill Edward off in the books just yet at least! That would be literary suicide!!

The adrenaline rush was insane! I was hyperventilating and squirming so much. Then, just as Bella screamed Edward's name my mom calls me down and goes "EAT DINNER NOWW!" and I had to eat my dinner while having that adrenaline in my system. It was driving me mad!

VampireLover57
Learning to Love Green

Re: Chapter Nineteen: Race

Post by VampireLover57 »

No, not really. I just thought that she meant that she's making a promise that she can't make. Not because she KNOWS that she'll break it, but just because she can't be sure.

It's so hard to explain! I think that they are very... disgusting??
That's not really the right word, but I can't think of anything better! :cry: I think I thought of that word because of them bringing in the people. And the one woman who didn't speek english. (Stephenie, that was amazing, by the way! Probably one of my favorite parts!) But in some weird way- even though they're creepy, disgusting monsters- I really want to see them again! lol! I was actually kind of hoping for them to come back! I guess it's because I like creepy stuff. :D

Not really, because I was pretty confident that Stephenie wouldn't do that to us! :D

Definately! I was almost as excited as Bella! lol! And Edward would probably be REALLY mad!

Maybe a little, but like I said before, I was pretty sure that Stephenie wouldn't do that.

I don't even remember!
"What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?" ~Edward Cullen
"Fall down again, Bella?" ~Emmett Cullen

"No, Emmett. I punched a warewolf in the face!" ~Bella Swan
"All I could think at the time was, 'Not her.'" ~Edward Cullen
"I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches."
~Psalm 119:14

topazeyes15
Wandering Through Town

Post by topazeyes15 »

Heck yes. That was one of the most emotional parts of the book for me...Alice's fear for Jasper was so touching I got misty. And the fact that brave, ferocious little Alice was genuinely afraid they might not live through it...that means it's really bad.

My impressions of the Volturi were pretty scary, to tell the truth. I mean, between Edward and Alice building up to it, telling Bella all about how strong and ruthless they were, I was dreading that inevitable meeting.

Yeah, it did frighten me I guess. I understood her feelings, but I couldn't help thinking, "No Bella, you don't have to kill yourself!"

Actually, I kind of expected Edward would put up a huge fight about it. And Alice seemed a little unsure, so I didn't think it would happening too soon.

Yeah, my heart was pretty much pounding the whole time Alice was talking about how he was changing his mind, choosing his plans. The detached way he went about it scared me too.

I was alternating between holding my breath and hyperventilating all through Bella's run. I was muttering under my breath, "Go, Bella, Go!" Those few pages seemed to last forever...and the bell tolling...*shiver* I get the most vivid mental images of that scene. Definitely an adreneline rush.
[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][img]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4769/mybanner485589f219cfdcl2.png[/img][/url]

I support Team [b]Alice[/b], Team [b]Edward[/b], Team [b]Ian[/b], and Team [b]Jamie[/b]. Three cheers for great characters!

Bella, how strongly are you opposed to grand theft auto? ~Alice

[i]Some things have to be believed to be seen.[/i]

ReneeMonty

Post by ReneeMonty »

I felt sorry for Alice that she had to ly to Jasper. But if she hasn't told a ly then jasper would have come to Italy and that wasn't what Alice wanted!

I was like that is going to be pretty scary! They are powerful and not willing to forgive mistakes, so if they would have come to late they would die!

It didn't frighten me. She felt like her live didn't mean anything without edward. It was horrible what did she live for? She didn't now that he loved her all along so she would return and go on with misery and pain. I wouldn't look out for that!

Yep i was like yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha Edward would be furious poor alice. I think it's better if Bella changed but Edward has that 'soul matter on his thoughts' so he isn't excited about it.

Yes i was very affraid! I was like: No!!!!! Look up Bella is standing here look up!!!!! Go back in the shadows please! I felt like the ground swept away from under my feets i was shocked that he almost was in the sun!

I felt like i was running with bella in that alley towards Edward. My heart was beating very loud because i thought she was coming to late! I was affraid for coming to late, excited from seeing Edward back, and completely terrified for what the Volturi would do if everything went wrong! Yes felt all that in the same time. When the clock began to beat i felt horrible because Bella couldn't see Edward yet and she was only half way over at the fountain. When she saw the fountain i was like YES go for it run!!! When she saw Edwrad but he didn't saw her and he was about to step in the sun i felt shocked and i think my heart missed a copple of beats. When she finally got to Edward i felt relieve not immeadiatly because he stil was almost in the sun. But she was on time and i was happy about that!

Edward_Addict
Learning to Love Green

Post by Edward_Addict »

-ummm.... not much. i knew they would get out. stephenie wounldn't do that to us. :P

-they sound menacing. :(

-ummm.... again not much. same reason as with alice. :D

-yes!!! i know edward will be angry, but im still hoping that edward will turn her himself. :D

-no again, same reason as above. i had faith that bella will save him. :P

-i was so excited!!! i tried to read quickly to know what was going to happen but i also paced myself so i wouldn't miss anything. :P
[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][img]http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/9229/mybannerglitterf1ded84cje4.gif[/img][/url]

[img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm23/death_prinsez/heartcopy.png[/img]

banners by me and hakumei@vesperarium
avatar by Enough4 @ Vesperarium =)

admirallily
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: In a big white house in the forest by the river. They say vampires live here.

Re: Chapter Nineteen: Race

Post by admirallily »

A: A little. In a story like this your always waiting in fear for one of the beloved characters to finally lose against fate.

A: Definite concern but definite intrigue as well.

A: Of course!

A: Yes. I knew he'd be mad though. His feelings on that particular subject wouldn't change.

A: Very.
[img]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i165/admirallily/17AgainQuotebyAL.gif[/img]
Hee! I crack up every time I see that clip!

fantasia
Learning to Love Green

Post by fantasia »

It made me a bit nervous, because it means she wasn't sure whether or not they'd survive the trip, and her of all people not being sure is neverrr a good thing.

I was almost dreading the part where they would meet the Volturi, I was so sure they'd be awful people with no compassion at all for Edward and Bella's unique situation, and that they'd want to kill someone out of the group.

It didn't frighten me, just made me anxious. I really wanted her to get there in time and save him, it was driving me crazy as I read up to it!

At the time it made me optimistic, but I also thought Alice might say that to kind of appease Bella, to maybe get her to calm down a bit. I figured Edward would be furious, and he was lol.

I was TERRIFIED Bella wouldn't make it in time, I don't know what I would have done if she didn't make it...but I'm glad she did.

6)Describe your adrenaline rush:

There was no adrenaline, just a lot of anxiety!!
[b][color=black]Team Edward!![/b][/color]

[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][img]http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/4394/mybanner485956bbe83deid5.jpg[/img][/url]