Chapter Seventeen: Visitor

Our chapter by chapter discussion of New Moon.
Swimming2France
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Swimming2France »

1) Who were you expecting in the house? Where you disappointed it wasn't Edward?

I really don't know who I thought it was going to be. I of course hoped for Edward, but I didn't think that very likely. Of course I was disappointed that it wasn't him.

2) Did Alice's reaction to the news of werewolves in forks taint your opinion of the pack?

I don't know if it tainted it as much as made me realize that they truly are enemies. For Alice to dislike someone for no reason at all is not her personality.

3) What do you think of Alice's history? Do you find her parents to have been barbaric?

I think her history really sad. The fact that her parents considered her dead after they commited her. Also the fact that she does have this family member outside the Cullen's that she can't communicate with at all is so sad. I don't think her parents barbaric though. In that time, people who were different were very discriminated against. They probably received a lot of pressure from people around them to institutionalize Alice. They were probably trying to think of their other daughter and the teasing she would have been through because of her older sister. People are scared of what they don't understand and I am sure they truly thought she was crazy. Luckily people know better now and we can be more accepting.

4) This is our first real glimpse into Charlie's pain, how did the scene between Charlie and Alice effect your opion of Charlie as a parent?

This scene made me realize how much Charlie really does care for Bella. I actually enjoyed this scene. It was interesting to see Charlie with his guard down and to hear his side of it. My opinion of Charlie as a parent is that he loves Bella very much. I think that he has learned a lot about parenting and Bella through this experience.

5) An important piece of information was learned in this chapter reguarding Alice's second sight & werewolves, how do you think this effected Alice's confidence?

I am sure she doubts herself a lot after this experience. Not only does having the wolves around mess with her "sight", but other things may be able to as well. I am sure she feels completely vulnerable and almost at the mercy of the werewolves in this respect.

Drkfairy
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by Drkfairy »

1) Who were you expecting in the house? Where you disappointed it wasn't Edward? Alice or Carlise- no I was still mad she hadn't kissed Jacob.

2) Did Alice's reaction to the news of werewolves in forks taint your opinion of the pack? No-they are mortal enemy's she isn't suppose to like them.

3) What do you think of Alice's history? Do you find her parents to have been barbaric? It was interesting-If it were the 21st century they would be considered barbaric, in that time, that would be have been the only option.

4) This is our first real glimpse into Charlie's pain, how did the scene between Charlie and Alice effect your opion of Charlie as a parent? it didnt effect my opinion of Charlie

5) An important piece of information was learned in this chapter reguarding Alice's second sight & werewolves, how do you think this effected Alice's confidence? Not sure, I think she was a little shocked to find out her ablity was limited
[img]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc41/Drkfairy_lex/TWILIGHT/hatchback.png[/img]

ily__cullenkids
Settled in Forks

Post by ily__cullenkids »

1)Who were you expecting in the house? Where you disappointed it wasn't Edward?

Um.. I was expecting Victoria (: because really, how hard would it be for a vampire to snag a BMW? That and because Edward seemed so serious' When Bella left Jake I thought it would be Carlisle because it was his car and because I sincerely thought Edward was gone for good.

2) Did Alice's reaction to the news of werewolves in forks taint your opinion of the pack?

In a way' I was a bit shocked to see that Alice knew about the werewolves, and that her idea of them was so negative, I knew they were dangerous, I didn't know they were infamous for it.

3) What do you think of Alice's history? Do you find her parents to have been barbaric?

I thought it was very sad how Alice's past was so unloving. Her parents told everyone she was dead and then sent her to rot in some asylum.

4) This is our first real glimpse into Charlie's pain, how did the scene between Charlie and Alice affect your opinion of Charlie as a parent?

It made me see the real depth of his in-experience, I felt truly sorry for him and could see how helpless he felt, I knew why he wanted to send Bella to Florida. I cried again seeing how he watched the slow inner-death of Bella.

5) An important piece of information was learned in this chapter regarding Alice's second sight & werewolves, how do you think this effected Alice's confidence?

I think Alice was always so happy because of her confidence, I think the fact that there were beings that were 'immune' to her second-sight really made her upset. A bit insecure if you will.
"Well, I'll be damned--no pun intended-- if il''ll let them keep you out too."
"You can't make me go somewhere you won't be. That's my definition of hell. Anyway, I have an easy resolution to this: let's never die, all right?"
"Sounds simple enough. Why didn't I think of that?"

*sigh* (: edward and bella have the loveliest arguments

irritablegrizzly72
Settled in Forks

Post by irritablegrizzly72 »

1) Who were you expecting in the house? Where you disappointed it wasn't Edward?
i was expecting carsile
i have never liked the pack OR jacob.
i have no idea of her parents motives, so i wont judge them.

4) This is our first real glimpse into Charlie's pain, how did the scene between Charlie and Alice effect your opinion of Charlie as a parent?
no
5) An important piece of information was learned in this chapter reguarding Alice's second sight & werewolves, how do you think this effected Alice's confidence?
this new found evidence deffidently took a toll on alices confidence.she would never show it, of course..
mAdDiE

"What did you do to this?"
He asked in a horrorstruck voice.

"It didn't want to come out of the dashboard"

"So you felt the need to torture it?"

"You know how I am with tools. No pain was inflicted intentionally."

He shook his head, his face a mask of
faux tragedy.

"You killed it."

check out my website:

http://www.freewebs.com/maddiesbooklist/

forevermagik
Learning to Love Green

Post by forevermagik »

1) I wasn't sure who I expected, I was hoping that it was Edward, but I figured that it wasn't. So, I wasn't really disappointed when I found out that it wasn't him. Besides, I like Alice. A lot.

2) Not really. Vampires and werewolves always have hated each other. Besides, I was kind of annoyed with the pack anyway.

3) I sort of feel sorry for her. Her parents were cruel to do that. But, if they hadn't have sent her away, she probably wouldn't be where she is now. So it's best that what happened did happen.

4) I felt really bad for Charlie. No parent should have to go through that. No matter what the circumstances.

5) Alice is probably peeved that she can't see the werewolves. She wouldn't show it to anyone besides Jasper though. She'll be as confident as she can be though. (Does that even make sense?)
Me siento tan normal, tan fragil, tan real. Me ellavas al espacio sideral. Y volar como lo hace Superman.

almost a bella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter Seventeen: Visitor

Post by almost a bella »

[quote="Cocoa"]Questions by Cocoa:

EDWARD I WAS SO HAPPY WHEN I THOUGHT HE CAME BACK BUT TI WASN'T HIM GRRRR.

THE WHLOR WEREWLOF PREJUDICE AND VAMPIRE WAS A CLUE SO IT DIDN'T SURPRISE ME.

4) This is our first real glimpse into Charlie's pain, how did the scene between Charlie and Alice effect your opion of Charlie as a parent?

I DIDN'T REALIZE CHARLIE HAD KNOWN. HE HATES EDWARD FOR DOING THIS TO BELLA. HE CARES FOR BELLA AND DOESN'T WANT TO HER IN PAIN OR WITH EDWARD.

5) An important piece of information was learned in this chapter reguarding Alice's second sight & werewolves, how do you think this effected Alice's confidence?[/quote]

I GUESS IT MAKES HER FEEL WEAK IN THAT AREA BUT ALSO GLAD THAT JACOB SAVED HER.
TWILIGHT: The story of the lion and the lamb. A modern tale of Romeo and Juliet.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;0;5/st/20080802/e/Breaking+Dawn+Release/dt/-1/k/611c/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Fan Fics:on fanfiction.net 9user name: lavenderbella0
Jane's Visit
What? Engaged1

ashleydash
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by ashleydash »

1) Who were you expecting in the house? Where you disappointed it wasn't Edward? I was excepting Carlisle for some reason. And I knew it wasn't Edward ... so no LOL

2) Did Alice's reaction to the news of werewolves in forks taint your opinion of the pack? It was already tainted =]

3) What do you think of Alice's history? Do you find her parents to have been barbaric? I don't remember reading this part ....

4) This is our first real glimpse into Charlie's pain, how did the scene between Charlie and Alice effect your opion of Charlie as a parent? Why do I not remember this either...?!?!

5) An important piece of information was learned in this chapter reguarding Alice's second sight & werewolves, how do you think this effected Alice's confidence? I think it totally brung her back down to earth so to speak, not that she was conceited or anything.
-I'm with the vampires of course - VMT Queen of Silliness - http://www.fanfiction.net/~ashleydash
[img]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w170/ashleyDASHx/perfect%20murder%20designs/GrandtheftautoSMALLER.jpg[/img]

twilightupmylife
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilightupmylife »

I was expecting Carlisle. I wasn't thinking too much out of the box; Carlisle's car meant Carlisle would be there..duh! Haha. I wasn't disappointed it wasn't Edward.. I knew it wouldn't be him. I did, however, believe that it would be Carlisle coming to warn Bella that Edward/Alice/Emmett or Jasper were in some sort of danger, or have died.

2) Did Alice's reaction to the news of werewolves in Forks taint your opinion of the pack?
Meh, not really. I didn't think of the vampires as dangerous because of Edward and his family, and I didn't think that the pack was dangerous because of Jacob and Billy. Both sides have made mistakes, and hurt people. Sam hurt Emily, and the vampires have drank human blood.

I was shocked by Alice's human life. Especially since she's such a loving and fun person.

4) This is our first real glimpse into Charlie's pain, how did the scene between Charlie and Alice effect your opinion of Charlie as a parent?
I felt sorry for Charlie(however, I don't forgive him for not IMMMMMMEDIATLEY accepting Edward back into Bella's life ;) ) It did make me realize how he's more observant than Bella does give him credit for. He was scared; he didn't know what to do to help his daughter.

I think it made Alice afraid, especially since she wouldn't be able to see if Bella was in danger around the werewolves.
- Stephanie
[img]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/4875/edwardlh9.jpg[/img]

[b]Heaven's not a place that you go when you die; it's a moment in life when you actually feel [i]alive[/i]--so live for the moment.[/b]

jackei
Settled in Forks

Post by jackei »

Even though it wasn't Edward, words can not express how happy I was when it turned out to be Alice there, I would've have been ECSTATIC with any Cullen member making their return, because when the Cullens left, it really left a deep hole in me. haha.

To be honest, I've never once liked the pact anyways.

I don't remember too much, but yes they are.

Charlie reminds me of my mum, we just don't express out feelings towards each other, even when we are hurting, we want to help, but we can't pull ourselves to be there, and just end up feeling helpless.

Alice probably feels that her powers aren't as concret as everybody believes them to be.
You are the light, thats leading me.
To the place, Where I find peace, again.
You are my [i]everything[/i].
[i]http://myspace.com/jackei7[/i]

VampireLover57
Learning to Love Green

Post by VampireLover57 »

*Sorry about this message. I don't know how to delete it!
Last edited by VampireLover57 on Thu May 15, 2008 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?" ~Edward Cullen
"Fall down again, Bella?" ~Emmett Cullen

"No, Emmett. I punched a warewolf in the face!" ~Bella Swan
"All I could think at the time was, 'Not her.'" ~Edward Cullen
"I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches."
~Psalm 119:14