Chapter Fifteen: Pressure

Our chapter by chapter discussion of New Moon.
nostalgicmiss
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by nostalgicmiss »

1.) When Bella compared being hunted by Victoria this spring break to being hunted by James last spring break, what did you think might happen?
I thought it would come to a confrontation, I never dreamed it would come down to what actually happens.

2.) What did you think about Jacob calling himself a monster?
He's still coming to terms with what he is, it's understandable that he has some things to figure out, it's still all so new to him that he really doesn't understand all the intricate details of his new self.

3.) What did you think about Jacob's reaction when he realized Bella had been bitten by James? What do you think he was thinking at the time?
Jacob loving Bella as he does was probably on the verge of a breakdown, I'm not sure he realizes everything about the vampires like the finer points of changing etc. But he knows enough to ask her why she isn't one of them. He probably had a fleeting thought of appreciation for Edward that was quickly extinguished.

4.) How did you feel when Bella told Jacob about the Cullens' extra abilities? Do you think she should or shouldn't have given him so much information?
I think she should have kept it to herself but I really don't blame her for telling him. It could have been vital in the off chance that Victoria had extra abilities.

5.) What were you thinking when Bella jumped off the cliff? When she saw Edward in the water? Did you think, as she did, that she was about to die?
I really believed that she was on her way out and her mind conjured up the thing she wanted most out of life. When she talks about how people see life flash before their eyes before they die I think thats exactly what happened to her, because Edwards was her life. I think that seeing him gave her the will to live and thats exactly why her subconscious had Edward begging her to fight it was a poignant moment.
[img]http://www.elkevents.com/love.jpg[/img]
My fanfiction Story, I always wondered about Alice, she's one of my favorite characters.<a href="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4188861/1/Throught_the_Eyes_of_Alice_Cullen">Through the Eyes of Alice Cullen</a>
<a href="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4256119/1/Darkest_Night"> Darkest Night, Alice Fan Fic </a>

Corky
Location: O-H-I-O (that's right, the center of all things boring and rainy)

Post by Corky »

1.) When Bella compared being hunted by Victoria this spring break to being hunted by James last spring break, what did you think might happen? I thought that it would end up in confrontation. I didn't think that it would ever go the way it did.

He is a monster in the literal sense of the word, but I define a real monster as one that never thinks about anyone else. That doesn't have a conscience.

3.) What did you think about Jacob's reaction when he realized Bella had been bitten by James? What do you think he was thinking at the time?
I think it was what was1 to be excpected. He was afraid that she was a vampire. He was afraid that he was best friends with his enemy.

4.) How did you feel when Bella told Jacob about the Cullen's extra abilities? Do you think she should or shouldn't have given him so much information?
Ehh, I don't know. It probably doesn't matter. It doesn't give the werewolves too much of an advantage.

5.) What were you thinking when Bella jumped off the cliff? When she saw Edward in the water? Did you think, as she did, that she was about to die?
I was thinking that even though in her mind, she wasn't doing it to die, she really did want to kill yourself. I wished it was real as much as she would have. I'm not sure... that would obviously mean there wouldn't be any more books, so no.
Let me be the one who calls you baby all the time. [img]http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk133/ToroIsMyHero/thehost-1.jpg[/img]
banner by me! :]
[b]I love Ian O'Shea <3[/b]
Team Edward (because we love a man who isn't afraid of commitment)
[color=blue]
[b]SQUARE OF LOVE<3[/color]
[color=#20DF80]Mommy Corky.[/color][color=yellow]Aunt Camille.[/color][color=cyan]Big Sissy Camber.[/color][color=hotpink]Baby Stephanie.[/color][/b]

Hereandthere
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by Hereandthere »

1.) When Bella compared being hunted by Victoria this spring break to being hunted by James last spring break, what did you think might happen?

That Bella is definitely going to have another close call and this time with the Cullens at a fair distance from her she might not be as lucky.

I thought of Edward. How he would say what if I'm not the superhero what if I'm the bad guy sort of thing. More and more parallels rather than differences seem to be cropping up between the two.

It was fitting. It would have been something horrific for that to happen and it would probably be my reaction if I had just "found out." He was likely thinking that she somehow was subtley changed but was confused as to why he didn't have a desire to killher like he does with other vampires. And I'm sure afterwards, he felt relief.

4.) How did you feel when Bella told Jacob about the Cullens' extra abilities? Do you think she should or shouldn't have given him so much information?

I didn't think to much about it really. I know that she felt a bit like she was betraying them but it isn't like that was her intention and the pack isn't going to go after the Cullens so it won't make a difference in the matter. Plus at this point, Bella and the reader is led to believe that the Cullens aren't coming back.

For a moment I did. I thought that she was dying with her life "flashing before her eyes" and since that was what she considered her life to be. But then I realized I had another book and a half left for her to narrarate and I changed my mind. I figured that it was Edward trying to "protect" her mentally.
Here, there, and everywhere...that's where you'll find me.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/RaiderCrash89/edward.jpg[/img] [img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd257/RensFeathers/Random/EdsPeople.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdamLgrH9hM]Check out Twilight for Dummies![/url] :D

NewMoonyay
Settled in Forks

Post by NewMoonyay »

I thought maybe edward wld b coming soon.

Nothing in particular really.

He was probably mad and blamed the Cullens

I was pissed a little. I don't think she sld go around telling their enemy about them.

For some ridiculous reason I thought Edward wld pop up and save her. :oops:
[img]http://i27.tinypic.com/1692szt.jpg[/img]

elysiepiecie

Post by elysiepiecie »

I was thinking that Victoria may be popping up somewhere in the plot.

I couldn't really visualize Jacob as a monster.

I think that he was probably mad at James for hurting Bella and wanting to fix the problem. He was probably mad at Edward too for letting Bella get bit.

I felt like Bella was betraying them a bit by telling Jacob. I don't think that she should have given him the specifics, especially since they are enemies.

I thought Bella was being very dumb and reckless. I understand that hearing Edward's voice is very important to her, but not to the point where it could have killed her. I don't understand being in a love that intense, as I have never experienced it, but I think it was a very reckless thing to do. I didn't think that she was going to die as I read New Moon after Eclipse had come out, but I thought that she was going to have some serious injuries.

atrociousprincess
Learning to Love Green

Post by atrociousprincess »

1. I didn't really think much of this particular comparison. I did think that she was going to have a confrontation with Victoria, but not because of this.
2. It reminded me a little of Edward, of all the Cullens, about trying hard not to be a monster. It made me that he would say that though, because he isn't really a monster, he wasn't designed to be evil and he doesn't have to fight so hard for self-control.
3. I was surprised that he was so angry, that he really did care about Bella that much.
4. I was furious at her for betraying their secrets so quickly :evil:
5. I love the part when Bella is seeing Edward in the water. It's just so...beautiful :cry: And, of course I didn't think she was dying, it was only halfway through the book :roll:
[img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm26/flipflopkitty/twilighticons/twilight_confession02.png[/img][img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm26/flipflopkitty/twilighticons/eclipse_confession06.png[/img] [img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm26/flipflopkitty/twilighticons/newmoon_confession12.png[/img][img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm26/flipflopkitty/twilighticons/twilight_confession18.png[/img]

jaspersfanpire
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Resurrecting Edward from the book and into real life

Post by jaspersfanpire »

1. I didn't really think anything. I don't think when I'm reading that much, I just read.

2. It was understandable, considering traditionally a werewolf is a monster.

3. I think he was very surprised and confused as to why Bella wasn't a vampire now. He also might've been surprised by the fact that her unjuries last spring weren't from falling, but from a vampire, and that they were much more extensive than he had originally thought.

4. I thought that she should've told him. I wanted Jake to be jealous of all their special powers.

5. I thought she was going to die, it certianly seemed like it. And then I thought that Edward would come and save her just in time.
"I was with Edward in my happy place."

Twilight_Lover_91387
Wandering Through Town

Post by Twilight_Lover_91387 »

1. I was really hoping that the same thing wouldn't happen, or that Bella wouldn't get killed.

2. Nothing.

3. I was like "FINALLY he sees it!!".

4. I didn't like the fact that she was telling him. It was like betraying a confidence... well a broken confidence. I see how it could have been vital, but since Victoria didn't have any special abilities...

5. I was in shock. I thought that her mind must be trying to tell her something, why else would it dredge up the image of Edward? Yeah, I thought she was going to die.. especially when she saw that little "flame" in the water.