Chapter Fourteen: Family

Our chapter by chapter discussion of New Moon.
iheartedcullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter 14: Family

Post by iheartedcullen »

1. What was your reaction to Jacob and Paul fighting as wolves?

Since none of the werewolves really reacted to it, I assumed it wasn't that big of a deal.

2. What was your first reaction to Emily? Did you instantly like her? Did you think she and Bella would get along?

I did instantly like her. She and Bella have a lot in common, really.

3. What was your reaction to the abilities that the wolves seemed to possess that were uncovered in this chapter '" accelerated healing and quick reflexes? Where you worried about them fighting a vampire?

I'd never been worried about them fighting the vampires. I assumed they were well equiped.

4. How did you feel about Jacob and Bella's relationship at this point?

I was frustrated. I'm team Edward.

5. What are your thoughts and feelings on Bella's conclusion that she would love Edward even if he was the vampire who was killing innocent hikers/people?

I don't think she really would have. It would have meant that he was a totally different person.

letyoudown
Wandering Through Town

Post by letyoudown »

I was like "uh... I hope Jacob wins." It didn't really bother me.

2. What was your first reaction to Emily? Did you instantly like her? Did you think she and Bella would get along?
I don't remember what my first reaction to Emily was, but I liked her right from the beginning. I kind of believed that Emily and Bella would hit it off and be good friends, but I was also kind of unsure- would it be wolf girl vs vampire girl?

3. What was your reaction to the abilities that the wolves seemed to possess that were uncovered in this chapter '" accelerated healing and quick reflexes? Where you worried about them fighting a vampire?

It kind of made everything with them taking down Laurent make sense. I was kind of worried about them fighting a vampire such as Victoria. She was wild and untamed. Also, I worried about them trying to take on too many vampires at once. They could get hurt.

I wanted them to be happy. And, I think that I realized the only way for the both of them to be happy was to be a couple.

5. What are your thoughts and feelings on Bella's conclusion that she would love Edward even if he was the vampire who was killing innocent hikers/people?
I wasn't surprised. Bella loves Edward in the most unconditional manner. When you love someone unconditionally, the lines of right and wrong blur. She wouldn't have been able to see past his good qualities.
<i>I'd wait till we were close enough to the ground, get a good grip on you, kick out the wall, and jump. Then I'd run you back to the scene of the accident, and we'd stumble around like the two luckiest survivors in history.<i>
- Eclipse

y3nd0
Who needs spell check when you have me!

Post by y3nd0 »

Uh... There was no real reaction. :P

I thought Emily was pretty cool. There was really nothing to hate about her... I kind of got the feeling that Emily and Bella wouldn't get along... after all, they are in love with two people that are enemies.

To be honest, I thought it wasn't anything special. I've read a bajillion of these types of books, how people heal quickly. I actually thought that the werewolves wouldn't stand a chance against the vampires. I thought they were just overgrown wolves. :P I was... half wrong.

Gosh... I feel so guilty for typing this... but I actually wanted IT to happen. I wanted them to be there for each other, and happy. I wanted Jake to be happy... I hated seeing him in a depressed state when Bella left for Volterra. I wanted to be there for him. :P

Shoot, I'd be exactly like her. Edward is all she could ever want. Even if he was the monster that was killing people, he's still Edward. He left her for her own "safety". He cares about her. He still has those... eyes and that velvety voice.
I love Edward. I can only imagine what she feels for him.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v514/AznSmartiiPants/new-moon-banner.gif[/img]
[b][i]It takes passion and devotion to achieve your goals.[/i][/b]

Aletheia
Settled in Forks
Location: I´m easy to find... I´m the lamb the lion falls for

Post by Aletheia »

I always knew it wasn´t going to be bad, it was just like brothers, to be honest it made me remember mine.

At first when she says "you´re the vampire girl". I thought she`ll be mad, but when bella`s said "and you`re the werewolf girl" and they laught about it i knew it would be fine

I found very normal that they had abilities, ´cause if they are mortal enemies they had to be prepare, but never worried about them fighting against vampires, well not against the cullens, i´m not sure

Part of me wanted to makethe line clear, but another part wanted something to happen, but them i said...no, nothing can happen ´cause edward will be back

If you think it clear you would say that you`ll never do it, but in bella´s condition anyone probably would think something like that. She´s in love and when you´re like that there´s nothing rational
he´s my personal miracle

snowmane2007
Settled in Forks

Post by snowmane2007 »

At first I thought, "Wow, I hate Paul. He's so resentful that Jacob showing up with Bella was enough to seet him off and he really needed to settle down and listen." Then Edward told Bella that werewolves were unstable and I thought to myself, "Yeah they are. I hope she stays away from them now."

I disliked Emily. Not becasue she was a bad person or anything, but because she represented what Bella could possibly be. And really, if she ended up like Emily (probably not scarred) it would just stink. Bella gets along with almost everyone, and the people who she doesn't get along with are the ones who have a problem with her, so I knew that unless Emily didn't like Bella they'd get along.

In other werewolf stories the wolves have those abilities, so it was no surprise. I wasn't really worried about them fighting a vampire, I like Edward better than I like Jacob, and if it really came down to it, I tend to think that Jake would be the one starting the fight and Edward would kill him in self defense and even thought it hurt Bella it'll end her flip-flopping between the two.

I was glad that she was getting better, but at the same time I kept thinking, "No! I know that Edward comes back! Don't get attached to him!!!!!!!!!"

I thought that it was slightly twisted and incredibly hipocritical that she couldn't give Jacob that same thing. But, I didn't let it bother me for too long because if Edward was killing innocent hikers, then Bella probably wouldn't be alive right now.
"...but I forgot to take the net into account. My racquet bounced back from the net with surprising strength, popping out of my hand, and glancing off of my forehead before whacking Mike in the shoulder..."

Edward<3
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Edward<3 »

it was a bit..well scary is not the right word..weird and it probably would be frightening to be there.

I loved her from the moment i read about her. Of course they'd get along.

not really. as long as it wasnt Edward. even then i would be worried about them. i'd be worried about Edward.

they were a bit too close. Bella was slowly beginning to like Jacob more than a friend. she still seemed a bit uncomfortable but that doesnt mean she didnt have the feelings.

I loved that conclusion! i know im a bit prejudiced by not liking Jacob but liking Edward, but Edward is awesome!! =P
"Tell me what you want, and you can have it."
"You," I mumbled almost incoherently.
"I'm yours."

Loves~Golden~Eyed~Boys!
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Loves~Golden~Eyed~Boys! »

I think I was thinking, "Oh great. And they're supposed to be keeping Bella safe?"

I didn't really dislike Emily, but I didn't like her. I felt like her and Bella were a lot alike though, and that Emily was sort of Bella in the future, if Bella could get over Edward enough to be with Jacob.

I thought it was cool, because I am such a nerd when it comes to things like that. But then I was like, "Edward could still take 'em." LOL. At this point, when I first read it, I did not like any of the wolves, so I hoped that they would fight a vampire, and not die, but get hurt. But now, I have gotten over my hatred for Jacob... so I am worried now when I reread it, even though I know what happens.

I thought that they had a strong relationship. But, if Edward needed her or wanted her back, she would break it off in a second.

I would have made the same conclusion if I was in her shoes. She can't help loving Edward, and that means she has to love all of him, even the parts that aren't good.
Can't get enough of the amazing-ness that is me? Check me out at:

[url]http://www.myspace.com/holli_waffles[/url]

[url]http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1254526/Holli-Loves-Edward[/url]

Twilight_Lover_91387
Wandering Through Town

Post by Twilight_Lover_91387 »

1. I was freaking out, I thought that one of them would be killed.

2. After Bella said, " And are you the wolf girl?" and Emily laughed, I liked her. She and Bella would get along.

3. My reaction was, great, the werewolves have weird abilities too. I never was worried about them fighting a vampire.

4. It was getting stronger, I wasn't happy about that. Edward and Bella's relationship was better.

5.I agreed with her conclusion, the more you loved someone, the less anything else made sense.

almost a bella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter Fourteen: Family

Post by almost a bella »

[quote="Seraphyn"]1. What was your reaction to Jacob and Paul fighting as wolves?

THEY ARE DANGEROUS LIKE JACOB SAID. BELLA COULD GET HURT.

YES, SHE SEEMED LIKE A NICE PERSON. I DON'T KNOW.

THER MUST BE A REASON TO IT. IT MUST HELP THEM TO FIGHT AGANIST THE VAMPIRES. NO AND YES.

IT WAS GETTING STRONGER ALMOST TO STRONG.

5. What are your thoughts and feelings on Bella's conclusion that she would love Edward even if he was the vampire who was killing innocent hikers/people?[/quote]

SHE MUST LOVE HIM.
TWILIGHT: The story of the lion and the lamb. A modern tale of Romeo and Juliet.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;0;5/st/20080802/e/Breaking+Dawn+Release/dt/-1/k/611c/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Fan Fics:on fanfiction.net 9user name: lavenderbella0
Jane's Visit
What? Engaged1

twilightupmylife
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilightupmylife »

Meh, honestly, I didn't think too much of it. I wasn't really afraid or affected by it. I knew Jacob wouldn't die from the fight; if Sam suspected real trouble, he would have broken them up.. Bella was safe, the other pack members made sure of it.. so I really didn't think too much of it. If Paul would have died, oh well..lmao. -stops being heartless here-

I instantly did like her. I've always liked her, but at first I was a little fishy about her.. I didn't think she'd like Bella, but I'm happy that she did. I thought it was good that she had a major imperfection(her scars from Sam) but she could still be seen as beautiful.

I admired them. Even thought I'm more of a vampire chick, the werewolves abilities were very cool. It made me see them as more equal with the vampires. Even thought they didn't have the beauty, they had just as much strength and ability to destroy one another.

I didn't like Jacob holding Bella's hand, and I never have lol. It's just not something that you do with friends in my opinion. Bella didn't make a good enough boundary in my opinion, but I also think that she was weak and not capable of providing a good enough boundary at that point in the novel. I did love Jacob though for being such a good friend, and being overall "warm" towards her..very comforting.

I wasn't surprised by it at all. She loved Edward through everything, and I believed she'd love him no matter what he did.
- Stephanie
[img]http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/4875/edwardlh9.jpg[/img]

[b]Heaven's not a place that you go when you die; it's a moment in life when you actually feel [i]alive[/i]--so live for the moment.[/b]