Chapter Twelve - Intruder

Our chapter by chapter discussion of New Moon.
teamjalice
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by teamjalice »

1. When did you first suspect Jacob was a werewolf? When Bella realized it or had you been suspicious of his drastic changes?
I was 95% certain after the werewolves saved her in the meadow, but Jacob confirmed it for me when he came to talk to Bella.

2. In various occasions, Jacob tries to tell Bella what is happening but is abruptly cut off? Why did you think this happened? Was it guilt or fear that prompted his sudden silences? Or was it something else?

I think that Sam's explicit orders forced him to keep Bella in the dark.

3. What did you think of Jacob being a werewolf? Was it surprising? Did you like it? Why or why not?

I wasn't surprised, there was a bunch of foreshadowing in Twilight when she talks to Jacob on the beach. I'm not sure if I like it though, because it seems to be making him overconfident.

4. How did you feel about Jacob after he came over, trying to explain himself about the confrontation earlier that day? Did it redeem him for you or make things worse?

It redeemed him, because it showed he cared about Bella.

5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the "pack" were responsible for the murders that were occurring?

I had my suspicions, because young werewolves can lose control very easily.

6. At the end of the chapter, Bella debates with herself as to whether she should warn Jacob or if she shouldn't. What did you think she would do? What would you have done?

I thought Bella would warn him, because she had obviously grown to care for him and his safety very deeply. I would have done the same thing.
[img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa279/candy_andy2011/popsicleprincebanner-edited.jpg[/img]
[b]Banner by xxSwitzerlandxx[/b]
"It's a loose interpretation of the word 'boy', I'll admit."

Loyal Subject of the Popsicle King//I love me some Jasper!

Hereandthere
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by Hereandthere »

1. When did you first suspect Jacob was a werewolf? When Bella realized it or had you been suspicious of his drastic changes?

I had a few suspicions from the previous chapter and once he said the words do you remember the story I told you on the beach, they were confirmed. I was getting a little annoyed with Bella though that she hadn't picked up on it yet.

2. In various occasions, Jacob tries to tell Bella what is happening but is abruptly cut off? Why did you think this happened? Was it guilt or fear that prompted his sudden silences? Or was it something else?

When I first read it, I was under the impression that it was out of fear that she would be afraid of him or that she would no longer want to be friends. As much as he was cutting off from her, he didn't want her to actually despise or fear him because that would have just made everything just much worse for Jacob.

3. What did you think of Jacob being a werewolf? Was it surprising? Did you like it? Why or why not?

Not entirely surprising for me. I had heard about there being werewolves in the Twilight series before I actually read the books so I knew it was coming I just didn't know it was going to be with Jacob. But I did like the idea of him being a werewolf. After Remus Lupin, I guess you could say I had a fascination of them. Haha.

4. How did you feel about Jacob after he came over, trying to explain himself about the confrontation earlier that day? Did it redeem him for you or make things worse?

It certainly did. It showed that he didn't really mean any of what he had said an done and that what happened before seemed to be more for show than anything else. Why else would he visit Bella in the dad of the night unless it was because it would have caused some sort of trouble for Bella or him.

5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the pack were responsible for the murders that were occurring?

No, I didn't think that they would suddenly become an "enemy" and plus we saw them cahse down Laurent. Anything that would go after him couldn't be too bad. It was all quite a big misunderstanding to begin with so I didn't think that there would be what Bella expected.

6. At the end of the chapter, Bella debates with herself as to whether she should warn Jacob or if she shouldn't. What did you think she would do? What would you have done?

I figured that she would warn him because he was her friend and honestly who wouldn't warn their friend? Even if they were doing something wrong you would still feel compelled to tell your friend to watch out or to stop completely so they wouldn;t have to watch out for anything.
Here, there, and everywhere...that's where you'll find me.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/RaiderCrash89/edward.jpg[/img] [img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd257/RensFeathers/Random/EdsPeople.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdamLgrH9hM]Check out Twilight for Dummies![/url] :D

elysiepiecie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by elysiepiecie »

In the meadow.

I think it is because of the secrecy issue. I think that it was guilt that made him silent...he didn't want to betray his family.

I didn't know what to make of Jacob being a werewolf. I thought that he couldn't use the excuse that he was better for her than Edward anymore.

4. How did you feelabout Jacob after he came over, trying to explain himself about the confrontation earlier that day? Did it redeem him for you or make things worse?
I think it was a redeeming time for Jacob. He never really meant to hurt Bella.

5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the 'pack' were responsible for the murders that were occurring?
I didn't think so.

I thought that she would warn them. I would have warned them.

atrociousprincess
Learning to Love Green

Post by atrociousprincess »

1. I knew he was going to become a werewolf for a while, so when he got sick after the movie.
2. I figured it was against the treaty to tell her.
3. His werewolf-ness wasn't a surprise. I liked it though because I figured we would get to learn about the werewolves instead of all the "moving-on-from-Edward" nonsense :roll: (*sigh* if only...)
4. Yes, it redeemed him.
5. Not really, the pack was too goody-goody to be secretly killing people in their spare time.
6. Bella was right to warn him, and I would have too.
[img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm26/flipflopkitty/twilighticons/twilight_confession02.png[/img][img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm26/flipflopkitty/twilighticons/eclipse_confession06.png[/img] [img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm26/flipflopkitty/twilighticons/newmoon_confession12.png[/img][img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm26/flipflopkitty/twilighticons/twilight_confession18.png[/img]

jaspersfanpire
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Resurrecting Edward from the book and into real life

Post by jaspersfanpire »

1. Um... I think it was when Bella realized it. But I'm not entirely sure.

2. I had no idea.

3. I didn't like it because I was perfectly happy with one mythical creature. I thought adding another one just ruined the story-I don't think that anymore though.

4. I never liked Jake.

5. I wasn't sure, but it was always a possibility.

6. If I thought that a bunch of kids were going around killing (or eating in this case) people, I would have let them be hunted and shot down.
"I was with Edward in my happy place."