Chapter Eleven: Cult

Our chapter by chapter discussion of New Moon.
ItalianLittleVampire89
Settled in Forks

Post by ItalianLittleVampire89 »

1. Bella called and called Jacob to try to find out what was wrong. Do you think it was the right thing for him to try to just ignore her and move on? Or do you think Jacob should have tried to get a message to her sooner?

Probably it wasn't, because he knew that she was going to be sick about it. Ok, maybe he was just confused, but it isn't an excuse. He should have told her.

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Di you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind?

I didn't like him. In a certain way, I was attached to the "old" Jacob, so when I read he cut his hair, etc... I felt like I lost him, and I hated the new Jacob. I hate him also now.

3. Billy accuses Bella of leading Jacob on. Bella herself uses the term "breaking up" to refer to the end of her relationship with Jacob. Do you agree with Billy that Bella was playing Jacob, or do you think she was sincere in her feelings?

Bella wasn't playing Jacob, she really loves him, but not like Edward. He's her best friend, and nothing more. And Jacob knew it, so it's impossible that he thought she was playing him. Billy was just trying to cover his son up.

4. What did you think the sound was tapping at Bella's window at the end of the chapter. Did you think it was Jacob... or Edward... or Victoria... or someone else all together?

I was quite sure it was Jacob. Victoria would have just broken the window and come in, of course, and Edward... I felt that I wouldn't see him again until the end of the book. :(
I'm not a monster, I'm a Vampire. If you want to see a monster, look yourself into a mirror.

Pinkfurball
Settled in Forks
Location: Helena, MT where Stephenie doesn't seem to want to visit ='(

Post by Pinkfurball »

1. Bella called and called Jacob to try to find out what was wrong. Do you think it was the right thing to try to just ignore her and just move on? Or do you think Jacob should have tried to get a message to her sooner?

I know it was a really confusing for Jake with changing into a werewolf and not being able to tell or see anyone but i think he could have tried to get a message to her sooner trying to explain why he was avoiding her.

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Did you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind?

The new Jake did frighten me, I thought he had joined the La push gang and was getting into trouble or something! T the time I didn't think he had Bella's best interst in mind but then I read on and realized that didn't have a choice he was forced to quit seeing Bella.

3. Billy accuses Bella of leading Jacob on. Bella herself uses the term "breaking up" to refer to the end of her relationship with Jacob. Do you agree with Billy that Bella was playing Jacob, or do you think she was sincere in her feelings?

I think she was sincere with her feelings but she loves more like a sister would love a brother. But I do think she was kind of leading him on, like she was trying to convince herself that she loves him as more than a brother but she didn't.

4. What did you think the sound was tapping at Bella's window at the end of the chapter. Did you think it was Jacob... or Edward... or Victoria... or someone else all together?

I didn't know it was Jake, but I didn't think it was Edward because I thought he was going to be gone until the very end, but I also didn't think it was Victoria because i think she would have just broken in instead of tapping the window os something.

Brittany_Anne
Settled in Forks

Post by Brittany_Anne »

1. Bella called and called Jacob to try to find out what was wrong. Do you think it was the right thing for him to try to just ignore her and move on? Or do you think Jacob should have tried to get a message to her sooner?
I think that Jake was confused and upset. He knew that it could be dangerous for Bella to be around him, so I'm assuming that was part of his decision. And finding out that Bella knew everything about the vampires, and she had still chosen them, obviously did not sit too well with him.

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Di you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind?
I didn't find Jacob frightening, but, like Bella, I hated Sam. He had taken away the last shred of goodness in her life. And Jacob just isn't Jacob without a smile on his face.

Bella was sincere in her feelings, no doubt. Billy simply had to protect their secrets, and he knew how much Jacob loved Bella, so he used that as an excuse.

For just one second, I thought it might be Edward. Then, of course, Victoria switched into place. And as much as I love Jacob, I wanted it so badly to be Edward. He'd been gone from the book for far long enough.

blueray1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by blueray1 »

i think jacob could have talked to her and tried to make her understand, instead ignoring her.

i actually thought that he joined a cult, and i was pissed at him for treating bella like that.

i think billy was trying to get her mad enough at them, to leave jacob alone. he was trying to protect her from rejection that jacob would have had to say.

4. What did you think the sound was tapping at Bella's window at the end of the chapter. Did you think it was J

i had a feeling it was jacob, so i never thought about edward or anyone else
[img]http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/2740/lukelorelaiblenddq8.png[/img]
i'm cullenist, house of CARLISLE! * Dirty Quote Queen

InlovewithEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by InlovewithEdward »

Jacob totally should have tried to get a message to her sooner. I don't know what he was thinking.

My first thoughts of him were something like this 'What a jerk!!!! What did he do to his beautiful hair?? Man, he's a meanie!'

Not at all!!!! Stuff like that kind of makes me not like Billy he can be such an old grouch sometimes! But somehow I love the old geezer.

I was completely convinced that it was Victoria.
"By the way," He said in a casual tone. "I'm not leaving you." - New Moon pg. 512
“I already know how strong you are. You didn’t have to break the furniture.â€Â

Heart Song
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
Location: brushing out the burrs and tangles from Jacob's coat

Post by Heart Song »

I was really mad at Jacob for ignoring her. I felt he owed her some kind of explanation.

It was alarming. Parents are alway warned to look out for sudden changes in their child's behavior. If this wasn't it I don't know what you would call it. You bet I was scared. As to Bella's best interest-I don't think he was given a choice on how to approach her.

In the begining Bella was absolutly using him. Her only intention was to find a way to hear Edward's voice by any means she could. Jacob was a means to an end and she really didn't care what feelings Jacob may or may not have. I caann't say I liked Bella very much at that point.

As time passed she began to sincerely care for Jacob and began to appreciate that her actions may hurt him. She ws concerned about not hurting him. Her care for him becaame genuine.

My first thought was Victoria but I quickly changed my mind. It made no sence for Victoria to be tapping at the window-she would have just come in. Edward was gone so it had to be Jacob or just a branch scratching at the wintow.
[img]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y138/ouisa/truth-1.jpg[/img]
banner by the incomparable ~ ouisa

[url=http://www.ramblingsandthoughts.com/twilight/viewuser.php?uid=1248]Tw Stories by Heart Song[/url] & [url=http://www.thehostlibrary.com/thelibrary/viewuser.php?uid=11]A Host story[/url]
adultae lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis

amoredward
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by amoredward »

1. When did you first suspect Jacob was a werewolf? When Bella realized it or had you been suspicious of his drastic changes?

I realized it just a little before Bella. When he started talking about their conversation on the beach, it hit me.

2. In various occasions, Jacob tries to tell Bella what is happening but is abruptly cut off? Why did you think this happened? Was it guilt or fear that prompted his sudden silences? Or was it something else?

I think that it has something to do with since he is a werewolf, he couldn't tell anyone the secret.

3. What did you think of Jacob being a werewolf? Was it surprising? Did you like it? Why or why not?

When I realized what he was, it hit me like a brick wall. I was thinking 'Where did that come from!?!?' I wasn't disappointed, though. I had been turning over the idea in my mind for a couple chapters, so maybe it wasn't that much of a brick wall...more like running into a door. I liked the twist.

4. How did you feel about Jacob after he came over, trying to explain himself about the confrontation earlier that day? Did it redeem him for you or make things worse?

I think that it redeemed him. I never thought that Jacob wanted to treat Bella that way, so I was insanely nervous about finding out what would make him talk to her like that.

5. Did you think that Jacob and the rest of the 'pack' were responsible for the murders that were occurring?

No. I mean, this is Jacob we're talking about here! I didn't even understand what Bella was freaking out about until she confronted Jacob. I mean'"it's JAKE! Sweet, innocent, lovable, cuddly puppy Jake! I guess I was a little too biased to form a balanced opinion, though. :wink:

6. At the end of the chapter, Bella debates with herself as to whether she should warn Jacob or if she shouldn't. What did you think she would do? What would you have done?

Well, I think that she should confront Jake about it. I mean, go straight to the source! Then again, I wouldn't have thought of the situation the way she did either'
[img]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t83/MMarieB_bucket/winning%20bet%20banners/amoredwards.gif[/img]

[img]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x170/amoredward/Twilight%20Banner%20and%20Other/theairsun.jpg[/img]

Lovely janner (Jake-banner, for all you silly coneheads!) by LovesTwilightx3!!!

Edward+BellaFan93
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Edward+BellaFan93 »

He should've got a message to Bella sooner. It was rude of him to just leave her hanging like that.

I was curious as to why he cut his beautiful hair, and what was causing him to get so huge. I didn't think he was frightening at all. I didn't think he had Bella's best interest in mind.

I don't agree with Billy at all! I think he was just trying to make Bella stay away from Jacob to give him some space.

I didn't think it was any of them. I mean, Victoria would've just broken in, and it was too soon for Edward to be back, and I just didn't think Jake would apologize. I had no idea of who it could be.
*I Love Edward Cullen!*
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
[img]http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll42/tara_176biz/Dir20en20Grey26.jpg[/img]

jenn_1314
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by jenn_1314 »

I think Jacob should've atleast told her to stop calling him or something.

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Did you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind?

I wasn't sure what to think. I wanted it to be the old Jacob but I knew he was a different person then. Not at that time, I don't think so.

I'm not sure. She does like Jacob but not like that. So she was using him but she does like him. >_<

I didn't know what to think. I just wanted to keep reading and find out who it was.
[img]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s292/jenn_1314/vesper%20graphics/is-beauty-monstrous.jpg[/img]
[size=167][color=gray]We are the Cullen Muffin Family![/color][/size]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/redrose1314]Myspace[/url] | [url=http://tourmalinemisery.deviantart.com]DeviantArt[/url]

Sansa
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by Sansa »

It wasn't the right thing to do, and Jacob should have tried to contact her, though he only did it for her sake.

2. What was your first impression of the "new" Jacob with his short hair and larger frame? Did you think he was frightening? Did you think he really had Bella's best interest in mind?

I was surprised, because I thought he would never cut his hair off! He was frighhtening, of course.

She was sincere in her feelings, because she had already told Jacob that she only wanted him as a friend.

Someone else all together. I wasn't really suer.
"Unfortunately, the clock is ticking, the hours are going by. The past increases, the future recedes. Possibilities decreasing, regrets mounting."