Chapter Ten: The Meadow

Our chapter by chapter discussion of New Moon.
redhead6791
Wandering Through Town

Post by redhead6791 »

1. What did you think was wrong with Jacob? Were you as suspicious as Bella about his illness?

I don't know...I am really not that impressed with Jacob so I really didn't care what was wrong with him!

2. When Laurent appeared out of the trees did you also think like Bella, that it was Edward?

I hoped and PRAYED it was Edward, but I knew that it wasn't going to be him.

3. When the wolves came out of the forest what were your thoughts? When one of them looked at Bella, did you suspect it was Jacob or that Edward was involved somehow?

I immediatly thought of Jacob and the story that he told Bella in Twilight...and I knew that once one of them looked at Bella that the one wolf was Jacob...and I am wondering why Bella didn't think anything about it!

4. At this point in the story did you already suspect that Jacob was a werewolf?

DEFINATLY! I knew right away...and the whole time up to when Bella FINALLY figured it out, I was wondering how she didn't get it sooner!!

5. Did you think that now that Victoria was hunting Bella that Edward and the Cullen's would come back?

I didn't think that Edward would come back, but maybe Alice or Carlilse.
"Before you, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars - points of light and reason...and then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn't see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything."

t1gr355
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by t1gr355 »

These questions were prepared by ECABS.

1. What did you think was wrong with Jacob? Were you as suspicious as Bella about his illness?

Yeah, it was weird, and obvious that it had something to do with the whole La Push gang thing. The 'La Push kids are werewolves!' thing kind of crossed my mind but I decided it would be too weird, even for Twilight.

Funny how she makes it perfectly acceptable.

2. When Laurent appeared out of the trees did you also think like Bella, that it was Edward?

YES! Dammit, yes, although I guess it was just hope.
Perhaps like Bella?

3. When the wolves came out of the forest what were your thoughts? When one of them looked at Bella, did you suspect it was Jacob or that Edward was involved somehow?

I really did not know what to think. I was just screaming mentally. My train of thought went something like: EDWARD! YAY! ... wait, no ... evil vampire ... ohhh dear ... can this get any worse ... oooh WOLVES!!

4. At this point in the story did you already suspect that Jacob was a werewolf?

Like I said, it kind of crossed my mind but I decided it would be too weird.

5. Did you think that now that Victoria was hunting Bella that Edward and the Cullens would come back?

Well, I knew they were coming back (spoilers again), but at the same time I was freaking out that she was going to die.

Even though I knew she wasn't. And that Edward wouldn't let that happen anyway.

Yeah.
[i]Per aspera ad astra.[/i]

I have trouble with coherence. Please bear with me.

(P.S. For ease of mind and/or typing, please feel free to call me t1g.)

suitup!
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by suitup! »

i didn't really know what was wrong with Jacob, but after a while i DID start to get suspicious like bella.

yes yes yes! but it was wishful thinking!

when the wolves first came i was like "oh great bella is soo going to die." when one of the wolves looked at bella i thought it would lead to something, but i wasn't quite sure what.

no i didn't, but once he came to her room i figured he was a werewolf

5. Did you think that now that Victoria was hunting Bella that Edward and the Cullen's would come back?
i didn't think they would come back, but i hoped.
"with tired eyes, tired minds, and tired souls...we slept."

[img]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x246/kealeagh/lovebites.jpg[/img]

InlovewithEdward
Settled in Forks

Post by InlovewithEdward »

I didn't think anything of it. I am incredibly unobservant!! I think I did get a little suspicious though. But my cousin figured out that he would be a werewolf right when Bella had that dream.

No, because one of my friends had already showed me where Edward came back and I knew that it wasn't right there. I was hoping beyond hope that it would be one of the Cullen's.

I didn't know what to think. Except 'wow that's strange'

I honestly can't remember

Not really. I was to into the story.
"By the way," He said in a casual tone. "I'm not leaving you." - New Moon pg. 512
“I already know how strong you are. You didn’t have to break the furniture.â€Â

amoredward
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by amoredward »

I was very worried about Jacob by this point. I mean, I just didn't think that it was really in his character to just leave Bella hanging like that. I knew that something was out of his control and he didn't have the power to change it.

No. I might have cheated a little by this point *innocent face* so I wasn't expecting Edward until much later. I was actually happy to see Laurent'"whether he was there to kill her or not. I just have that thing for reading about Stephenie's vampires, I guess. Veg-heads or no. I was worried for Bella when I realized that he was 'thirsty' , though.

I thought that it was Jacob, and then everything was starting to click. It stopped half-way, though. I thought that maybe it could have been Embry or someone, because I hadn't accepted completely that Jake was a werewolf yet. So I thought that maybe it was the only one of the 'cult' that knew Bella somewhat'"Embry or Sam.

Heh. As I just wrote, no. I wasn't so easily accepting of that theory yet.

I didn't think that Edward would come back. I was very curious if Alice would have a vision of Victoria, though. I thought that if Alice did have a vision of Bella in danger, she would come back'"screw Edward's wishes!
[img]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t83/MMarieB_bucket/winning%20bet%20banners/amoredwards.gif[/img]

[img]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x170/amoredward/Twilight%20Banner%20and%20Other/theairsun.jpg[/img]

Lovely janner (Jake-banner, for all you silly coneheads!) by LovesTwilightx3!!!

Edward+BellaFan93
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Edward+BellaFan93 »

I honestly didn't pay attention to Jake's illness. I was just like "ok, he's sick, whatever!" lol. I should be more observent..

Well, maybe for a split second..but I didn't think Edward would return that soon.

I thought that now that the wolves were there, Bella would be saved from Laurent. I thought that Edward was involved becuase the wolf closest to Bella was brown-reddish, but I knew that the wolf couldn't be Edward.

Nope, I thought he was just a normal human like Bella.

No...well, I thought they would come back later on in the book and hunt down Victoria.
*I Love Edward Cullen!*
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
[img]http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll42/tara_176biz/Dir20en20Grey26.jpg[/img]

socks89
Settled in Forks

Post by socks89 »

i wasn't sure... it did seem odd but i didn't quite piece it together that this was when he would change

i didn't! i thought it would be someone else but i didhn't think it was Laurent either...

Yay! she is saved!(... i hoped!) and yes at that stage it was obvious to be Jacob was a Werewolf and so it made sense for it to be him.

yes. it was called new moon after all - were wolves on the brain! i knew which was Jacob cos he looked at her. only Bella could find Werewolves in Forks!

not realy... i was still too upset that he left (even if it was for her own good!) and also that she didnt' realise that he obviously still loved her! so i wasn't thinking quite clearly enough to even consider this option...

Twilight-aholic
Settled in Forks

Post by Twilight-aholic »

I thought he was just trying to avoid her...guess I was wrong!

I thought it was Edward too. I was trying to be optimistic...

I thought that Edward had sent them...I had no idea they were Jacob and his friends.

No...I didn't until he told Bella to think about when he told her about the Edward being a vampire thing...then I finally got it.

I was hoping that they would and I knew that Edward would eventually come back...he had to!
[img]http://www.stevensplanet.com/michl/westerboard/westerboardad.png[/img]
[url=http://www.westerboard.com]The Westerboard[/url]

~Miss Vampire
Settled in Forks

Post by ~Miss Vampire »

No. I didn't think he was ill. I thought he was just avoiding Bella. And, knowing me, The werewolf thought was in my mind, but I was still wondering about Edward. ^^;

No, I knew it wasn't. I had the strangest feeling it was Jasper. Though, I cannot explain why.

I thought Edward was involved somehow, (positive thinking of course) but I thought of the possibilities. And decided it was Jacob.

No, I knew he had something to do with the wolves. But I hadn't quite pieced it together right then.

Sadly, no. Though it pains me to say it. I knew Edward wasn't coming back yet. I doubted the Cullens would come back either.
[img]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z312/Amoreux-de-Vampire/Icons/thlosthope.png[/img][img]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z312/Amoreux-de-Vampire/Icons/thth17.png[/img][img]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z312/Amoreux-de-Vampire/11327344.png[/img][img]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z312/Amoreux-de-Vampire/39b2454d.png[/img]
[img]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z312/Amoreux-de-Vampire/Broken2.jpg[/img]

Sansa
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by Sansa »

He was lying, I knew it. He was hidding a secret.

No and yes. I didn't want to be dissapointed, but I was still hopeful of him apperaing.

I suspected that Jacob was involved somehow, but I still was surprised when the wolves came out suddenly.

I had already suspected abot Jacob being a werewolf.

Yes, I hoped that in some page, I would be surprised and Edward was there.
"Unfortunately, the clock is ticking, the hours are going by. The past increases, the future recedes. Possibilities decreasing, regrets mounting."