Chapter Eight: Adrenaline

Our chapter by chapter discussion of New Moon.
SilentlyScreaming
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by SilentlyScreaming »

1.) Knowing how Bella reacted in chapter five of Twilight to blood, were you surprised when Bella didn't react all that much to the blood?
Yah i was surprised.

2.) What did you think about the mention of the bears? Did you consider that it might play a future role in the book or did you not think anything of it?
I still probably didn't think anything of it.

3.) What was your opinion of the La Push guys at this point in the story?
I didn't really like them.

4.) How did you feel about Bella looking for the meadow with Jacob?
I still don't really understand why she took Jacob. Its Edwards meadow with Bella. not Jacob and Bella's meadow.
[size=75][b]He must have been eager to give me my non-present, because [i]human velocity[/i] was not fast [u]enough[/u] for him.[/b][/size]

Jennmc
Wandering Through Town

Post by Jennmc »

1.) Knowing how Bella reacted in chapter five of Twilight to blood, were you surprised when Bella didn't react all that much to the blood?
Yes and no. She learned a lot being around Edward's family. I'm sure it was like second nature to automatically start breathing through her mouth so she didn't smell it. Even though she didn't realize she was bleeding I think it has become and automated response.

2.) What did you think about the mention of the bears? Did you consider that it might play a future role in the book or did you not think anything of it?
I knew it was important, I just wasn't sure how it would play into everything in the end.

I didn't like Sam's gang, but the normal boys I liked a lot. They seemed like down to earth good guys. Like they could be your brothers.

I didn't like it. I wasn't sure how she would react if they found it and it was her and Edward's place and Jacob didn't need to have anything to do with it in my opinion.

nostalgicmiss
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by nostalgicmiss »

It pretty much explained when she didn't react, the smell of the ferns covered the smell of the blood, what I found more interesting was the three growls. There was the one Edward was making in her head, the other was the bike and I think the third was... A wolf (They were in the area after all!)

Again, this was becoming more and more relevant the further the book progressed

I thought the gang comment was funny, I thought it seemed like there was something sinister going on it was pretty evident there was something different about them.

Bella was trying to fill in the hole, I can't blame her for that, she was really just benefiting from Jacob's many talents, she would be completely lost if she had tried that herself so I think her only option was to seek help from Jacob. Even though it was really too personal for her to include him in it. (I'm happy how it turned out)
[img]http://www.elkevents.com/love.jpg[/img]
My fanfiction Story, I always wondered about Alice, she's one of my favorite characters.<a href="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4188861/1/Throught_the_Eyes_of_Alice_Cullen">Through the Eyes of Alice Cullen</a>
<a href="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4256119/1/Darkest_Night"> Darkest Night, Alice Fan Fic </a>

admirallily
Location: In a big white house in the forest by the river. They say vampires live here.

Re: Chapter Eight: Adrenaline

Post by admirallily »

A: No. She was trying harder not to and given the life she had been considering maybe she tried to overcome in times and ways we never saw.

A: future role.

A: Bleh. jerks.

A: She was still looking for Edward, whatever Jacob thought of it all.
[img]http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i165/admirallily/17AgainQuotebyAL.gif[/img]
Hee! I crack up every time I see that clip!

Edward_Addict
Learning to Love Green

Post by Edward_Addict »

1.) Knowing how Bella reacted in chapter five of Twilight to blood, were you surprised when Bella didn̢۪t react all that much to the blood?
-nope, she breathed through her mouth so she wouldn't smell the blood and pass out. :D

-yup. everyhting mentioned always plays a role. 8)

-i didn't judge themyet, i just knew thaty would be part of something. 8)

-it was an "uh oh" moment for me, i kind of thought badly of bella for wanting to bring jacob to a place thatb was edward's.
[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][img]http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/9229/mybannerglitterf1ded84cje4.gif[/img][/url]

[img]http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm23/death_prinsez/heartcopy.png[/img]

banners by me and hakumei@vesperarium
avatar by Enough4 @ Vesperarium =)

Hereandthere
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by Hereandthere »

I think that it doesn't bother her anymore because she doesn't care as much for her mortality perhaps. Or maybe she tried to mentally prepare for if she were changed? I don't really think I thought about it much at the moment.

At this point I was suspecting that it had something to do with the plot but then again I wasn't exactly sure what it was. It had been mentioned enough now that I didn't really think that it was a red herring anymore.

I thought that they were arrogant teenagers that were abusing the sort of "positon" that they had. I was in JROTC in high school and their behavior seemed to be like some of the guys when they were promoted to a certian position.

I think it forshadowed that they may have a similar relationship because that's where Edward and Bella were and so Jake and Bella being there would start off their relationship perhaps.
Here, there, and everywhere...that's where you'll find me.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/RaiderCrash89/edward.jpg[/img] [img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd257/RensFeathers/Random/EdsPeople.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdamLgrH9hM]Check out Twilight for Dummies![/url] :D

DazzledFrequently
Settled in Forks

Post by DazzledFrequently »

.) Knowing how Bella reacted in chapter five of Twilight to blood, were you surprised when Bella didn't react all that much to the blood?
It crossed my mind, of course, but her reaction was reasonable, so much more was running through her mind than the blood. She was still on an extreme high from hearing Edward's voice.

I definitely knew there would be more to come about that gigantic black bear. It was obvious with how many times it had mentioned.

It actually kind of really bothered, scared me sort of, the way they were referred to as a gang and how Jacob described them. Although I'm not a huge fan of Jacob, he momentarily filled the role of Edward and I kind of warmed up to him a bit.

I was peeved, yes, but I understand why. I mean, Bella is extremely prone to danger, and she was aware of that, taking someone with was a good idea. But the meadow is pretty much a sacred place and I'm sure Edward would have felt mildly betrayed knowing Bella was with someone else in their secret place.
[img]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd132/natlee777/Vampire%20and%20Twilight%20stuff/BellaandEdwardagain-1.gif[/img]

SparklePixie

Post by SparklePixie »

Nope because I knew what someone like myself would do who faints at the sight of blood. You have to find a different way of dealing with the blood. Breathing through your mouth, staring at something out in space...

I was thinking Oh BIG FOOT! I know that sounds lame but that was the first thought that came to mine. The next was 'Where is Emmett when you need him?' LOL! I didn't really think the bears would play a role though.

I didn't really have one. I just thought they were guys who knew they could get away with anything and I figured that someone they would cause a problem in regards to Jacob hanging out with Bella. I guess in some ways I was right...hahaha!

I was a little upset at first that she would want to take Jacob there with her, but then I realized Jacob was just a means of helping her find the place. I think at that point it wasn't the Meadow she was really after. She was looking for the one person she wouldn't find. The one person who somehow had managed to convince her that he didn't love her anymore. To some extent I think finding the meadow was just more proof that he existed and somehow that he still loved her. Something I think deep down inside she already knew but doubted.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/Colebe/alicejasper.gif[/img]

jaspersfanpire
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Resurrecting Edward from the book and into real life

Post by jaspersfanpire »

1. I was. SM made a huge deal about a little blood 20 feet away from her in biology, but this large wound on her head barely affected her. I guess she was distracted, but still.

2. Again, I still thought they were just big, stupid bears. I didn't think anything of them.

3. Uh, I didn't have one really. I spent my time sulking about Edward. I didn't give a darn about Jake or his problems.

4. It was fine with me. I wouldn't be able to hike through the forest on my own, either. So the next best thing would be to take a friend that you trusted and who understood you.
"I was with Edward in my happy place."

elysiepiecie

Post by elysiepiecie »

I was surprised. She's always been portrayed of being very sensitive to blood, so why didn't she act the same way to this situation?

I think it will play a role.

I felt bad that they were acting the way they were and that Jake was scared and frustrated.

I thought it was wrong. It was Bella and Edward's special place...Bella shouldn't have involved Jake in the search.