Chapter Seven: Repetition

Our chapter by chapter discussion of New Moon.
GoldenEyesRock
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter Seven: Repetition

Post by GoldenEyesRock »

1)Why did Bella want to try cliff diving? Do you think it was because she wanted to hear Edward's voice again or she wanted to be 'absolutely free'"unthinking and utterly irresponsible?' OR do you think there was another, deeper issue?

I think it was a little of both, part of the whole "breaking promises" thing. And, she was basically dying to hear Edward's voice.

2)Why wouldn't Billy tell Jacob what was going on with Sam, and Jacob's friends? (as to why the were acting strangely). Do you feel Jacob could've handled and understood the truth if he was told at the beginning of New Moon?

I think Billy wouldn't tell him because he knew Jake wouldn't believe him until he found out himself. Jake was only-- 15? He couldn't handle the truth, that he was to turn into a werewolf.

3)Another albino comment is made, not by Bella this time but by Jacob.
'I've never seen anyone paler than you except for---,' Jacob says.
Why do you think Bella's paleness is mentioned yet again? Is it a comparison between the 'light' side and the 'dark' side, an innocent comment on Jacob's part or' something else?

Just an innocent comment. Jacob, at the time, doesn't know that the Cullens are "dark", so he couldn't hint towards that.

4)Bella calls Jacob her 'fix' on page 162. A 'fix' is something to make you feel temporarily better in regards to your physical or emotional health. Do you think Bella realizes that her close friendship with Jacob, throughout the first ¾ of the book, might only be temporary? Do you think he will continue to be her fix throughout 'Eclipse' if something upsets her about Edward?

Yes. Vampire or not, werewolf or not, Jacob will continue to be there for her.
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/superkelpie/avi.jpg[/img]

Banner made by TwilightObssessed

Ameera
Settled in Forks

Post by Ameera »

1)Why did Bella want to try cliff diving?

I think Bella was getting desperate and she needed Edward.

2)Why wouldn't Billy tell Jacob what was going on with Sam, and Jacob's friends? (as to why the were acting strangely). Do you feel Jacob could've handled and understood the truth if he was told at the beginning of New Moon?

I think Billy was trying to protect Jacob. If he wasn't a werewolf then he shouldn't be burdened. Plus, I think it would have made it harded awaiting a transformation that might never come. It was hard enough for Sam and Billy to wait and see I think it would be harder being the person.

3)Another albino comment is made, not by Bella this time but by Jacob. 'I've never seen anyone paler than you except for---,' Jacob says. Why do you think Bella's paleness is mentioned yet again? Is it a comparison between the 'light' side and the 'dark' side, an innocent comment on Jacob's part or' something else?

I think everyone is just surprised that coming from Phoenix she is not tan. I suffer from really pale skin and I get comments all the time as well.

4)Bella calls Jacob her 'fix' on page 162. A 'fix' is something to make you feel temporarily better in regards to your physical or emotional health. Do you think Bella realizes that her close friendship with Jacob, throughout the first ¾ of the book, might only be temporary? Do you think he will continue to be her fix throughout 'Eclipse' if something upsets her about Edward?

I don't think Bella ever considers Jacob will not be her friend. For her Edward is gone and imagining life without Jacob as well is too much seperation for her. I think in Eclipse he was have an important part. I don't think he will fix things, I think Bella will have to fix things herself.

xx_angel_in_the_sky_xx
Settled in Forks

Post by xx_angel_in_the_sky_xx »

1)Why did Bella want to try cliff diving? Do you think it was because she wanted to hear Edward's voice again or she wanted to be 'absolutely free'"unthinking and utterly irresponsible?' OR do you think there was another, deeper issue?

I think the reason that Bella wanted to go cliff diving is because she wanted to be free, not think, and just do something stupid so she could go against what Edward told her. Also, so she could here Edward's voice again.

I think that if he was told at the very beginning he would have freaked out or just plain not believed him so that when he change than he would freak out even more.... it's just when the time is right....

Why do you think Bella's paleness is mentioned yet again? Is it a comparison between the 'light' side and the 'dark' side, an innocent comment on Jacob's part or' something else?

I think it's more.... I think Bella is a partial vampire.... she smells blood, she has brown (the color when they feed) eyes, that are deep and a deep pool with no end (Edward says).... also she is pale even when she was in the sun.... she never got tan, her parents left her, she's kind of an outcast among the people.

Probably not, Edward's there for good, he said so himself.... and Edward doesn't even like it when she metions his name.
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u29/DeppAddict21/mnight2.jpg

"...And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black...Nothing had cahnged, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn't see the stars anymore, adn there was no more reason for anything."

quakies101
Settled in Forks

Post by quakies101 »

Not sure I think it was confusing I think it was the second one in the question just wanting to not think and just be utterly irresponsible

I think that Jacob wouldn't believe him untill it actually happened

I think it was just an innocence

I think that she might run to Jacob if something happens with Edward (which I will hate her for) and you know Jacob will do the thing where he's all nice and blah blah blah...
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..."

TEAM EDWARD

Virginia Tech April 16th, 2007

RIP Sylvie's mom
RIP Ahbi's dad

our prayers and thoughts are with you...

:(

quakies101
Settled in Forks

Post by quakies101 »

Not sure I think it was confusing I think it was the second one in the question just wanting to not think and just be utterly irresponsible

I think that Jacob wouldn't believe him untill it actually happened

I think it was just an innocence

I think that she might run to Jacob if something happens with Edward (which I will hate her for) and you know Jacob will do the thing where he's all nice and blah blah blah...
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb..."

TEAM EDWARD

Virginia Tech April 16th, 2007

RIP Sylvie's mom
RIP Ahbi's dad

our prayers and thoughts are with you...

:(

*cullens & converse
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by *cullens & converse »

All three...she wanted to hear Edward, even if only for a second...she wanted to try and forget everything that had ever happened...and she just needed to. Not a need as in on a deadline, but if she hadn't, Alice would have never seen her jump. She didn't know it, but it was necessary.

I don't think he could've...if Billy had told him, Jacob would've been able to steer clear...but it would've been harder for him to do that if he'd known. Billy probably knew Jacob was going to become a werewolf, so he didn't bother.

It definitely wasn't innocent, because he could've said that the first time he met her. I think he brought it up because she had never really talked about the Cullens after Edward left- and Jacob was trying to bring up conversation...obviously he doesn't understand that Bella isn't obligated to do that!

I HOPE nothing about Edward upsets Bella...and yes, he was her "fix"...but now Edward's back, and most definitely he BETTER not leave again. If he doesn't leave, which I shudder to even say IF, then Jacob and Bella most likely will no longer be friends.
[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/cullens_converse/ssg/pippa.png[/img]
^Thank you Saffy (t1gr), my wonderful secret santa, for the set! It's gorgeous, thank you!!

[url=http://z7.invisionfree.com/vesperarium/index.php?showtopic=210][img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/cullens_converse/animfinalcopy.gif[/img][/url]
<3GOPATRIOTS

beautiful_eyes07
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by beautiful_eyes07 »

I don't really think there was anything deeper than wanting to hear Edward's voice. And she was breaking her promise. I'm not sure... I'm not disputing a deeper issue, but I don't see one.

There was probably some tribal issue so Billy couldn't tell Jacob. I think if Jacob had known, he would have fought it off. He would turn away from his monstrous fate if that meant Bella would hate him, if he couldn't see Bella, or if he ever hurt Bella. I think things would have been disasterous if Jacob had been told earlier. He would have probably exploded into a werewolf right then when he was told.

Bella's palenes is mentioned because Jacob sees how depressed she is. She never gets outside(not that there's much sun in Forks, but you know), and how the paleness compared to the energy she used to have in her face. We all knew Bella had some color in her face because she blushes just aboutevery 2 seconds. :wink: Haha. I think rather than a comparison between "light" and "dark", the comparison is between "full of life(energy, blushing...)" and, well, "not full of life(her zombie stage)". That's me getting deep into it though. I think it really was just an innocent comment made my Jacob.

I think that throughtout the first half of the book, Bella realized Jacob will always be there for her. Even if the Cullens come back, Jacob will be her friend. Things get a little complicated with the werewolf thing. I'm not quite sure how things will unravel, but I do hope Jacob and Bella will still be friends.
[b][i]Love is irrational.[/b][/i]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/KloRoxMySoxes/Icons/Books/muttstwi13.png[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/KloRoxMySoxes/Icons/Books/muttstwi14.png[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/KloRoxMySoxes/Icons/Books/muttstwi15.png[/img]
I love analogies!

twilightandwickedrock
Settled in Forks
Location: in bed, reading twilght, new moon, or eclipse.....again

Re: Chapter Seven: Repetition

Post by twilightandwickedrock »

[quote="Alphie"]These questions were provided for us from Jazziegeorgie.

1)Why did Bella want to try cliff diving? Do you think it was because she wanted to hear Edward's voice again or she wanted to be 'absolutely free'"unthinking and utterly irresponsible?' OR do you think there was another, deeper issue? I think that bella is just trying to hear edwards voice again
2)Why wouldn't Billy tell Jacob what was going on with Sam, and Jacob's friends? (as to why the were acting strangely). Do you feel Jacob could've handled and understood the truth if he was told at the beginning of New Moon? I don't know, maybe billy thought that jacob wouldn't understand and that he needed to experience it before he did

Why do you think Bella's paleness is mentioned yet again? Is it a comparison between the 'light' side and the 'dark' side, an innocent comment on Jacob's part or' something else? I think bella's paleness might kind of show how she is sided with the vampires

4)Bella calls Jacob her 'fix' on page 162. A 'fix' is something to make you feel temporarily better in regards to your physical or emotional health. Do you think Bella realizes that her close friendship with Jacob, throughout the first ¾ of the book, might only be temporary? Do you think he will continue to be her fix throughout 'Eclipse' if something upsets her about Edward? I don't think he will. I think that bella will have to chose either Jacob or Edward, and that she will choose Edward.
"These violent delights have violent ends, and in their triumph die. Which as they kiss consume."

zombie
Wandering Through Town

Post by zombie »

She wanted to try it so she could hear Edward again. I think she was so desperate to have that connection that she'd do anything to hear his voice.

Billy was probably just trying to protect Jacob and to not upset him.

I thought it was just an innocent comment.

I don't think she realizes how temporary it will be. I doubt that he'll continue to be there for her in Eclipse, since he sees her as having gone over to the "dark side" with the Cullens.

redhead6791
Wandering Through Town

Post by redhead6791 »

)Why did Bella want to try cliff diving? Do you think it was because she wanted to hear Edward's voice again or she wanted to be 'absolutely free'"unthinking and utterly irresponsible?' OR do you think there was another, deeper issue?

I think she wanted to hear Edwards voice again...no other reason seems likely to me.

Billy didn't want to make Jacob scared...and I think he made the right decision by waiting to tell him.

I think it was an innocent comment...although Jacob shouldve kept it to himself.

I don't think so. Edward is wanting Bella to stay away from Jacob and I think that she will in Eclipse. She know's she can't live without Edward and she could live without Jacob.
"Before you, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars - points of light and reason...and then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn't see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything."