Chapter 10 - Interrogations

Our chapter by chapter discussion area for Twilight.
RunningWithVampires
Learning to Love Green

Post by RunningWithVampires »

1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?

Yes and yes. But I didn't know what else to expect, they can both act better than I can anyways.

2. How do you think Edward really felt about Bella's conversation with Jessica?

I was surprised at the time the way he felt! Afterwards I realized more of what it was like for him. It made him feel weird having to listen to Jessica's mind.

3. Bella took a bite of pizza after Edward. Stephenie has told us that in that moment, Bella consumed a very small amount of venom. Does it surprise you that Edward didn't stop her from taking a bite or that he didn't react to it in any way?

It was a very small amount and obviously didn't do anything. I don't think Edward wanted to cause a scene or frighten Bella at all plus he preobably knew better anyways.

4. They argue about who cares for whom more all throughout lunch. In your opinion, which one really does care for the other more?

At the time I thought it was Bella because I was seeing the situation from her eyes. Now I don't really know, nor do I care! It's not a contest, they're in love!

5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Where Bella ever to become a vampire, what animal do you think she would prefer?

No clue.
Rachel:)
“This hostage stuff is fun.â€Â

Alynna
Settled in Forks

Post by Alynna »

1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?

Edward was definately more open towards Bella, I think they were both nervous. For different reasons. But Bella's curiosity overpowered her shyness and nervousness. I think Edward was nervous because he was waiting for when it would be too much for Bella and she would run off screaming, as he once put it. I think not being able to read her mind like he does everyone else puts him more in a tough spot than Bella is to be honest.

I think he was annoyed that he didn't learn more, but also frustrated at what little he did learn. He's so used to knowing what other people are thinking that when he gets these glimpses into Bella's mind, I think it makes him more angry that he can't hear her thoughts. I'm really glad he can't though, I think it would unbalance their relationship.

3. Bella took a bite of pizza after Edward. Stephenie has told us that in that moment, Bella consumed a very small amount of venom. Does it surprise you that Edward didn't stop her from taking a bite or that he didn't react to it in any way?

Huh, so basically he could have killed her if she had oh let's say scraped the inside of her mouth with her tooth before hand? I don't think he was really thinking about it, he pushed the pizza towards her kind of distractedly, while more worried about her reactions to the information she was getting from him.

4. They argue about who cares for whom more all throughout lunch. In your opinion, which one really does care for the other more?

Well, its a tough call. Edward is constantly putting himself and Bella in danger by spending more time with her. But Bella knows about the danger at this point, and likes him enough not to care. I'm leaning towards Edward at this point in the story, only because I think he knows more about the consequences of what he is doing than Bella knows. However, then again, would knowing all those consequences change how Bella felt about him?

5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Where Bella ever to become a vampire, what animal do you think she would prefer?

Well, Edward mentioned that hunting predators makes them strongest so I don't think deer or lamb would be her preference. I'm kind of with everyone else when they say some type of cat predator like Edwards preference. I could see a lynx or bobcat.

vilandra
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter Ten - Interrogations

Post by vilandra »

Bella was nervous like she said she never had a boyfriend before and here she is waking up next to boy she loves is was obvious she had to be be a bit nervous, Edward is a cool guy he's been around for a while and he doesn't mind talking about his feelings

a little bit annoyed cause I think he wanted to know more about the conversation

no I think he knew is wasn't dangerous for her

I think they both care about each other but in different ways

I think she'd prefer lions cause it's what Edward likes

natanyx
Wandering Through Town

Post by natanyx »

Both Bella and Edward seemed more comfortable with each other, yet both held things back despite all of it, especially Edward. He was talking more but not telling everything, for whatever reason.

From the start, you could tell he wanted to hear it so he could get some kind of grasp on what was running through Bella's head. He was glad to hear that she cared for me, on many levels, but was frustrated because he doesn't want to endanger her and because he wants her to understand how much he does care, what he's been through to simply be able to sit down and talk to her. When it all boils down, he just wants her to understand.

Now knowing that, yes, I am a bit surprised he didn't stop her. Perhaps he knew it wasn't enough to hurt her or it simply didn't cross his mind. And since Edward is so naturally protective, I'm just assuming it knew it wouldn't hurt her in any dramatic fashion.

I say it's equal, since they both offer to sacrifice a lot, be it lying to Charlie or hunting to quench thirst, to be with each other. They can argue all they want, neither of them cares above the other, it's equal all around.

I would say something small and not so conspicuous, something on the "safer side" of hunting, you could say.

EdwardxBella341
Settled in Forks

Post by EdwardxBella341 »

I think Bella was more shy then nervous. Edward seemed a bit more open.

I think he felt excited that Bella admitted she liked him ;)
But we need to read Midnight to get the right answers :)

Wow, she did?! I just found out about this now ^^ lol
But I think he was to engrossed into the conversation to be paying attention.

I think that Edward cares more for her. Well because if he didn't she would have been mugged that day in Port Angeles..

Actually I have no theories on that. If she's queasy around other's blood don't you think she would be queasy around animal blood too?
[img]http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/130/b/f/Edward_and_Bella__Propose__by_MakinoNight.gif[/img]
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb"
-Edward

dandelion
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by dandelion »

Bella seemed both nervous and shy, although she was trying to cover it up, however it is obvious that she was going to feel that way, after the conversation they had the night before. Edward at first seemed a little reserved, but after a while he opened up more than usual.

Definitely annoyed at the fact that he has to go through Jessica annoying and perhaps hypocritical thoughts in order to get a small insight of Bella's mind, however at the same time excited that he now openly knows that Bella likes him.

Either he knew that it wouldn't harm her at all, or he was just too distracted with their conversation and perhaps trying to figure what she was thinking, rather than on the pizza.

I'd have to say both of them. Edward obviously cares for Bella, if not he would have never followed her to Port Angeles, and also we saw how furious he was after Bella almost got assaulted. As for Bella, well we are seeing the story through her eyes and thoughts, so we obviously know that cares for Edward, especially since she seems to be much more at ease with the idea of him being vampire compared to how any other person would have reacted.

No idea. What if she is repulsed by blood, I mean, as a human she can barely stand blood, I wonder what would happen when and IF she turns into a vampire...mhmm..
[b]Shake it out now, Shake it out now, common, Shake it out, yeah![/b]

almost a bella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter Ten - Interrogations

Post by almost a bella »

[quote="Alphie"]1. How do you think Edward and Bella both did in trying to behave naturally around each other on the "morning after?" Was Bella too nervous or shy? Did Edward seem more open?

OK,
BELLAWAS BOTH, WAS IN LOVE WITH A VAMPIRE AND WAS TRYING TO ACT NORMAL AND POSSIBLY THE VAMPIRE WAS INLOVE WITH HER AND HE WANTS HER BLOOD. EDWARD ISN'T SURE IF HE CAN CONTROL HIMSELF. HE POSSIBLY LOVES BELLA.
EDWARD WAS A LITTLE MORE OPEN SINCE BELLA KNEW WHAT HE WAS.

SCARED THAT SHE MIGHT SLIP ON SOMETHING. AND ANNOYED IT WAS JESSICA WHO LIKED EDWARD AT ONE POINT.

I DIDN'T KNOW THAT. HE WAS PROBABLY TOO DISTRACTED WITH BELLA TO WORRY ABOUT PIZZA

BOTH,
EDWARD HAD FOLLOWED HER TO PORT ANGELES, SAVED HER LIFE, AND TOLD HER HIS SECRETS (BOTH OF THEM) SO HE CARES.
BELLA IS IN LOVE WITH HIM AND IS AFAID THT HE IS GOING TO LEAVE BECAUSE SHE KNOWS HIS BIGGEST SECRET.

5. Emmett prefers bears, Edward prefers mountain lions. Where Bella ever to become a vampire, what animal do you think she would prefer?[/quote]

I DON'T KNOW AND THEN THER IS THE FACT THAT SHE FAINTS AT THE SIGHT OF BLOOD.
TWILIGHT: The story of the lion and the lamb. A modern tale of Romeo and Juliet.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;0;5/st/20080802/e/Breaking+Dawn+Release/dt/-1/k/611c/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Fan Fics:on fanfiction.net 9user name: lavenderbella0
Jane's Visit
What? Engaged1

joanne
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by joanne »

Chap 10 Interrogations...Bella says,"I agreed; I would have argued, but now I wanted him to be expecting disasters," Do you think this is what was in back of her mind in New Moon, when she did dangerous things to hear his voice???

StummeSchreie
Wandering Through Town

Post by StummeSchreie »

At first, I must say it was very good chapter. Really.
I like, when Edward and Bella going together to school and spending time there.
I love things like that... and these good-bye scenes were affecting and... romantic.
Yeah, Edward is open because now he knows, that Bella accept who is he.

hahaha! It was genial !!
I love, I love, I love!!
So waitress really was cute, yeah!
And this voice-sound of Edward...(:
It was great, when he said "You're wrong" or something like that. ( I got at home polish version )
I love this conversation in school - one of my favourite scene!

OMG.
I though about this pizza.... But see, when she kisses him, nothing goes wrong.
So pizza could be no problem..?

But I wonder, why Edward ate this pizza if he stay only for blood?

Of course Edwars cares more of Bella because he is more informed and Bella is a little bit lost-poor girl, if You know what I mean.

haha I dunno.
First I though Edward, but he's not an animal, but he want to eat her and taste her blood so she could too but in humorous sense of course.

And we don't know, will Bella factually change in vampire.

rai-chan
Wandering Through Town

Post by rai-chan »

Hmm. Edward definitely seemed more open, yet a hundred times more mysterious. He tells her a lot, I guess, so he became more open after that. As for bella. I think it's both. :D

I think he was excited, cautiously, though. Excited all the same, so I imagine he was extremely happy when he heard she likes him. He is still sort of human. Anyway, I could also guess he was annoyed by the fact that he had to listen to Jessica's mind just to know those things. It paid off, anyway. And he seems happy enough about it.

Hmm.. I guess he's just too distracted by her, or he knew it wouldn't harm her at all. It would be odd to let her consume venom right under his nose when he was doing everything he can to protect her. :D He was probably too distracted by the conversation. ^__^

I'm saying it's equal. :D Bella's just less informed than Edward is. ^__^

I honestly have no idea. =))
in which there is nothing to say. xD Except maybe with these~
[img]http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs18/f/2007/221/c/f/Twilight_Stamp_by_jacquelinekaychan.png[/img][img]http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs23/f/2007/345/9/d/Dream_guy_stamp_by_SimbaNM.jpg[/img][img]http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs23/f/2007/313/7/a/Edward_Cullen_stamp__3_by_ItaLuv.jpg[/img][img]http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs19/f/2007/294/3/2/I_run_with_Vampires_by_Grrote.png[/img]