Epilogue: An Occasion

Our chapter by chapter discussion area for Twilight.
Leah Clearwater
Wandering Through Town

Post by Leah Clearwater »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?
I can't really remember what I thought when I read it the first time. But I don't think I thought anything in particular. (Does that make sense?)
I didn't have the "changing Bella" theory in mind at all, though.

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?
I really enjoyed the remix but I still prefer the shorter version - I don't know, it just fits the book better.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car.
I thought he was really cute! I wasn't angry or annoyed at all.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?
a) Nope, I didn't think that. It would have been a bit strange: one moment Edward's saying "You didn't really think I would give in so quickly?" (or something like that) and next thing he bites her???
and b) I read Twilight after New Moon was released and when I finished it I was on holiday somewhere where I couldn't buy New Moon. So I read Twilight again right away and as soon as I was home again I ran to the book store!
"Fall down again, Bella?"
"No, Emmett. I punched a werewolf in the face."

"It's not the face, but the expressions on it. It's not the voice, but what you say. It's not how you look in that body, but the things you do with it. [i]You[/i] are beautiful."
Ian

[img]http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk237/BLaCk------BUtteRfLY/Twilight/TeamJacob.jpg[/img]

Thanks to flipflopkitty for the cool avatar!

prinsesa
Learning to Love Green

Post by prinsesa »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?
-- At first, I had something else in mind like Bella. I really thought they were going to do what we all know Bella wanted them to do. But as the chapter progressed, I had some doubts and realized that "Oh, they might be going to prom!" Obviously that was right. :)

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?
-- I think the shorter one is better because the prom remix made it all too obvious though. Some readers would probably not think the way Bella did if they didn't cut it short. It was cute though, the way Alice was too excited over stuff :D

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car
-- I thought it was kind of cute. He was really embarrassed by what he had to do because he believes what his father wanted him to tell Bella was all crap. I think it's nice that Bella also agreed to listen because he wanted to help Jacob with his car. It's nothing but a friendly thing back then.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?
-- Yes, I was one of those people who actually thought he was going to bite Bella. :D But I'm sure it wouldn't be as exciting if he did already, so my mind was having second thoughts about it. True enough, that line left me hungry for more and I just couldn't wait to get my hands on New Moon then! :) It was worth all the longing. Hehe.
<center>
[size=125][b]{ yes,youare[i]exactly[/i]mybrandofheroin }[/b][/size]
i'm intoxicated by your very presence, Edward.
</center>

onyxblooms
Wandering Through Town

Post by onyxblooms »

-I think I was fantastically confused for about tenseconds but I figured it out rather quickly.

-I think a fine conbination would be the best version but I'm not the shoes and make-up type. The part they should have left in was Edwards reaction when he first saw her.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car
I thought it was cute that he was so nevouse and appologetic. Hey, I'd of done it to get my car done.

-No I knew he didn't change her. I kind of thought it was a cruel tease thought that he lingered in that general area. Yes I wanted to read more! No I didn't know there was a sequel when I read it, my cousin dropped this beautiful book in my hands and said "you have to read this" and it still took me a week to pick it up. Then a week after I finished it she said there was another I ordered "New Moon" a few days later.
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k116/Midnight57/edwardbiz-1.jpg[/img]

nostalgicmiss
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by nostalgicmiss »

Yeah that was an easy one for me to figure out the dress gave it away, what else is there to dress up for in Forks. It's a gorgeous place but it's a one stoplight town. I think prom was the only thing that could have been happening.

No I LOVE the extended version, it's so sweet I think that the Edward cooking should have been left in the book. I think it showed just how much of an effort he was really making. And I love that Charlie helped him out. It rounded everything out nicely. Even as girlie as it was I think it should have been in there.

I thought it was cute how embarrassed he was, and I like that Bella made him feel alright about it. I think that Edward was really angry because Jacob was crushing on her a little bit. I like Jacob's character, I just don't like him with Bella. :roll:

I knew without a doubt Edward did not bite her, in fact it never crossed my mind. He had been so adamant and stubborn about the whole thing I wouldn't see why he would change his mind in an instant like that. And at School of all places!.
I knew there was a sequel and I had already dedicated myself to reading it before I had even finished Twilight. I have to admit I have been pretty obsessed with Twilight in the month that I've owned the book I have read them 5 times and I'm heading in for my sixth :oops: Oh and Yay it's only 100 more days till Breaking Dawn... We're finally getting into the double digits.
[img]http://www.elkevents.com/love.jpg[/img]
My fanfiction Story, I always wondered about Alice, she's one of my favorite characters.<a href="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4188861/1/Throught_the_Eyes_of_Alice_Cullen">Through the Eyes of Alice Cullen</a>
<a href="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4256119/1/Darkest_Night"> Darkest Night, Alice Fan Fic </a>

PixieDrink
Learning to Love Green

Re: Epilogue: An Occasion

Post by PixieDrink »

pelirroja wrote:The chapter summary can be found here

I thought that they had something else in mind.

I think the whole of the extended prom remix should have been left in!

I think that if he was just there to get his parts for his car he was being pretty selfish but I think he can be excused because he didn't know Bella very well by then.

To be honest I did not think that Edward had bitten Bella.
because:
1) He is very opposed to the idea of her becoming a vampire.
2) The exact line is "And he leaned down to press his cold lips once more to my throat". it says once more, this means he is doing the same thing as he had done the other times he kissed her throat. And it only says he pressed his lips to her throat. It doesn't say anything about him putting his teeth in her neck.
And I read Twilight knowing that New Moon was the sequel and was already planning to read it.
But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it; for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Those violent delights have violent ends And in their triumph die, like fire and powder
Which, as they kiss, consume.

www.dylanmoranfans.forumakers.com.

bunny99
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bunny99 »

I was pretty sure Edward was taking her to the prom. He had to keep it hidden from her, because, as she said, she would have found an excuse not to go.

I think the whole extended prom remix should have been left in except the Rosalie part. It doesn't fit with who she is. Rosalie would never give in so quickly, especially since her dislike of Bella was so strong. Everything else is perfect. Charlie and Edward got along so well, Bella would have been happy. I think that would have meant more to her than anything else. The best part of the extended remix was the car. Edward is all about his cars, and showing off the Aston Martin would've added perfectly to his character.

I though Jacob was cute when he showed up at the prom. He said he was only there to get parts for his car, but he would never pass up an opportunity to see Bella. He's like a little puppy dog when it comes to Bella. I think Billy shouldn't have asked him to deliver the message to Bella that night. It could have ruined a great evening for Bella and Edward, but I guess he was just looking out for Bella's safety.

When I first read it, I was shocked. I was like, "Did he really just bite her?" But I knew there were 2 more books, so I figured he wouldn't have done it that quickly. I already had New Moon and Eclipse waiting for me to read, so I dove in to find out what happened.

omgitstwilight
Learning to Love Green

Post by omgitstwilight »

1. I didn't figure out that they were really on the way to the Prom. I was clueless and I didn't really guess anything.

2. I think the longer version was better and that they should of kept getting Bella ready in there.The dinner part was interesting too.

3. I felt a little sorry for him because he must of felt like an outsider. But I was sort of mad at him for intruding on Bella's prom because it was so sweet and cute with Edward, and then Jacob came in and took her away from Edward, even if it was only for a second.( but I didn't like Jake that much in the beginning anyways because he kept getting his hopes up for Bella).

4. I knew there was a sequel to Twilight when I read it. The last line wasn't confusing for me( it only said he kissed her on the neck), but in the last few pages when they were out on the bench, I switched about 4 times on how I felt about Edward maybe biting her there.

~Kate~BITE ME!~
Settled in Forks

Post by ~Kate~BITE ME!~ »

I was kind of confused at first, but then I remembered about the prom coming up in the book and Tyler asking her.

I think that the longer version should have been in the book. I loved reading about Alice getting her ready. She sounded like she was beautiful.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car.
I think he was trying to get her to like him and stay away from Edward. I believe he is just jealous.

I really do believe that he did. I haven't read New Moon yet. But I am really wanting to know. It agrivates me. Grrrr.
"I prefere brunettes.â€

WhodoesntLOVEEdward?
Settled in Forks

Post by WhodoesntLOVEEdward? »

i was just wondering if anyone found pictures of what they thought Bella's (Alice's and rosalie's) dresses looked like i found a few (and sorry that im not sticking to the questions)

this is what i thought alice's dress might look like
http://www.promgirl.net/promdress706.html
[img]http://i28.tinypic.com/33tgi7s.jpg[/img]

Who doesn't [color=pink]LOVE[/color] Edward?
"[size=150][i][b]Be Safe[/b][/i][/size]" he wrote

Sandra
Settled in Forks

Post by Sandra »

I was like Bella - I didn't imagine about the prom.

My PC can't open the file :S

Well, I thought that Billy shouldn't have asked him to go there. And I felt sorry for him.

No, I wasn't one of those people. I've only read the book recently, and I knew there was a sequel... And of course, I was planning to read it!
"If I could dream at all, it would be about you. And I'm not ashamed of it."
~ Team Edward ~