Epilogue: An Occasion

Our chapter by chapter discussion area for Twilight.
Culls
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Culls »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind? I never gave it a thought really. I just read and read, and I was a little bit sad because I almost had finished the book :P

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why? I think in a way that the extended version is better. We get more details, we get more to read. But I liked the short one too.
I would have personally had the scene with Alice and Rosalie fixing Bella, and the scene with the dinner. (I also think Stephenie shouldn't have deleted the scene where Edward, Emmett and Bella is talking, and Edward tries to learn how to cook. That was a great scene.)

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car.. I think Jacob is rather charming, actually. He feels embarrassed by his mission, and that makes him so cute in a way. Buuuut, let go of her boy - she belongs to Edward.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it? No I didn't think he did bite her. But I can't say that I weren't disappointed. I wanted Bella to become a vampire, but then again, it would have ruined the whole concept with vampire loves human.
I was very desperate. I searched and searched after stuff about the book and Stephenie Meyer. When I did this search, New Moon was not published, so I kind of forgot about the new Twilight-book.
I've already heard this before.

xXTwilightGrlXx
Banging out dents with Tyler

My thoughts

Post by xXTwilightGrlXx »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?

I kind of did, but we didn't know that the prom was then so, yea.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car

Well, I thinks that Jake is ok because he wasn't really meaning it, He just needed parts for his car.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?

At the end I knew he wasn't bighting her head off(lol). And I NEEDED more! I read it on vacation so i reread it 10 times!
[img]http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn177/ScubaDude/Dance/Image89.jpg[/img]

creepyvampgirl
Settled in Forks

Post by creepyvampgirl »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?

I thought that Rosalie and Emmett were getting married again and honestly thought that Edward was taking Bella to their wedding, although I suppose Rose wouldnt really want Bella to be part of her wedding...

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?

I really liked how Edward made dinner for her and fed her... It was so sweet and romantic!

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car

I know Jacob is nice guy and doesn't believe in the superstition but I found him really annoying and if I was Bella I would have told him to take a hike...

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?

No, I wasnt confused about the last line and I just finished reading this book two weeks ago... IT IS AWESOME! I'm totally going to read New Moon :D

Edward<3
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Edward<3 »

I noticed right away and wished i could scream it at Bella!

It should have been left in the book because it made you even more curious as to what was going on.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car.

I felt sorry for him. It was kind of embarrasing for him to do that.
"Tell me what you want, and you can have it."
"You," I mumbled almost incoherently.
"I'm yours."

RunningWithVampires
Learning to Love Green

Post by RunningWithVampires »

I had no idea. I thought that prom was only for Seniors anyways, that's the way it is at my high school.

I'm happy with the way it turned out. And I'm glad Stephenie cut certain parts, like how Rosalie washed Bella's hair and everything. So basically I'm saying it's all good, shorter version in the book and the longer one on the site. :D

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car.

I thought he was a pretty sweet kid but I hated how Bella and Edward had to be seperated.

I pondered for a moment, then realized that he didn't. Luckily I had the first chaper of New Moon but I had to wait until the next day to buy New Moon and Eclipse at Chapters, it was quite sad!
Rachel:)
“This hostage stuff is fun.â€Â

Modelisous
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Modelisous »

I knew it was prom, cause why else would she get so dolled up?
The extended is much better. It tells you alot more, though Stephenie forgot to put in Rosalies' hostility to Bella, otherwise its fabulous! Its a good part, seeing how Bella got so dressed up.
3. How did you feel about jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car.

I didnt like jacob much from the beging. Its stupid how his father tries to make Bella split with Edward, i felt sorry for jacob when he had to come, only to say that.

I didnt think that at all, but its weird how he keeps kissing her neck or collar bone, like he's trying to fight an urge. I read the book fairly recently when both sequels were out, i bought all three at the same time so i didnt feel like i was deprived. I didnt like New Moon much anyway, i only liked the end. The abssence of Edward and the Cullens made it hard to keep reading, when i got to Chapter 17 i was overjoyed Alice was back!
12.12.08 - the date.
[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q64/RetroFushion/Besafe-5.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q64/RetroFushion/ingunabutane6.png[/img][img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q64/RetroFushion/ingunabutane2.png[/img][img]http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q64/RetroFushion/ingunabutane1.png[/img]

almost a bella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Epilogue: An Occasion

Post by almost a bella »

[quote="pelirroja"]1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?
NO I DIDN'T KNOW UNTIL THE PHONE CALL WITH TYLER.

NO, IT HARDLY HAD ANY DETAILS. WHEN ALICE IS DRESSING BELLA, THE DINER WITH EDWARD AT CHARLIE'S HOUSE AND FIXING HER HAIR BACAUSE IT GIVES ALITTLE MORE INSIGHT TO WHAT ACUALLY IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

HE JUST WANTED THE CAR PARTS MOST OF ALL HE WANTED TO SEE BELLA. HE THOUGHT EDWARD WAS A PRETTY GOOD GUY THEN BUT NOT WHEN HE BECAME A WEREWOLF.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?[/quote]

NO, I FIGURED HE JUST KISSED HER NECK BUT I DID READ NEW MOON FIRST.
TWILIGHT: The story of the lion and the lamb. A modern tale of Romeo and Juliet.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;0;5/st/20080802/e/Breaking+Dawn+Release/dt/-1/k/611c/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Fan Fics:on fanfiction.net 9user name: lavenderbella0
Jane's Visit
What? Engaged1

rai-chan
Wandering Through Town

Post by rai-chan »

Gah. I was totally clueless. =)) Not until the phone call with Tyler, which sent me laughing so hard.

hmm.. I would like the part where Alice 'presents' Bella to Edward. :P It's really cute. Also that part with the dinner thing at Bella's kitchen. :D Edward cooking for Charlie is so cute. :P Plus that Edward cooked for her. <3

Hmm.. I felt okay with it. He was forced, and it was nice to hear from him again. :P

Oh.. I never thought of that. O__O *weird* But anyway. :)) I think it's really nice. :D I loved the ending. I read it with the full knowledge that there will be two more to devour once I'm done. :)
in which there is nothing to say. xD Except maybe with these~
[img]http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs18/f/2007/221/c/f/Twilight_Stamp_by_jacquelinekaychan.png[/img][img]http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs23/f/2007/345/9/d/Dream_guy_stamp_by_SimbaNM.jpg[/img][img]http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs23/f/2007/313/7/a/Edward_Cullen_stamp__3_by_ItaLuv.jpg[/img][img]http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs19/f/2007/294/3/2/I_run_with_Vampires_by_Grrote.png[/img]

VampireLover57
Learning to Love Green

Post by VampireLover57 »

I'm so clueless when it comes to stuff like this in books or movies! I had no idea where they were going, but I ALSO had no idea what Bella had in mind until she told him later! lol! :D

I was a little mad at him for even saying anything, but I also understood that he was mad about HAVING to say anything!

No, I don't THINK I thought that he bit her, but I don't really remember?? I just started reading the books, and was DEFINATLY planning on reading more! :D
"What if I'm not a superhero? What if I'm the bad guy?" ~Edward Cullen
"Fall down again, Bella?" ~Emmett Cullen

"No, Emmett. I punched a warewolf in the face!" ~Bella Swan
"All I could think at the time was, 'Not her.'" ~Edward Cullen
"I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches."
~Psalm 119:14

mommavamp
Wandering Through Town

Post by mommavamp »

Yes, I did figure they were going to prom right away.

I had read the extended prom remix before, but went back to read it again. I can be such a girlie girl at times I would have loved that being in the book! It would be fun to do that to one you your own friends/sisters. I do have to say the prom mix in the book was good though. It flowed with the book.

Poor Jacob! I could feel his pain of haveing to go there and pass on the messages to Bella. However, I did not miss the fact that he told Bella there was someone he was interested in there, but she was taken. Making his presence known already?

I bought TW and NM at the same time so I was very, very happy there was a sequel. I just wanted MORE Edward and Bella. It never occured to me that he may have bit her right then.