Epilogue: An Occasion

Our chapter by chapter discussion area for Twilight.
NewMoonyay
Settled in Forks

Post by NewMoonyay »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?

lol no i thought maybe rosalie and emmet were gettin married again. prom never crossed my mind

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car

i thought it was weird and i was thinkin wat is he doin there. i felt the same that i always feel when i think of jacob black: annoyance.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?

i knew Edward hadn't bitten her. I mean he was so against it so I doubted he had wld bite her. I recently finished Twilight and I knew I had 2 get NewMoon right way.
[img]http://i27.tinypic.com/1692szt.jpg[/img]

jireneyoon
Settled in Forks

Post by jireneyoon »

[quote="selena"][A SINGLE LETTER? WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE USE A SINGLE LETTER TO REPLACE AN ENTIRE WORD?????????][b]1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?[/b][/A SINGLE LETTER? WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE USE A SINGLE LETTER TO REPLACE AN ENTIRE WORD?????????]
I kind of thought thats what it was from the beginning ;)

[A SINGLE LETTER? WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE USE A SINGLE LETTER TO REPLACE AN ENTIRE WORD?????????][b]2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?[/b][/A SINGLE LETTER? WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE USE A SINGLE LETTER TO REPLACE AN ENTIRE WORD?????????]
it was a fun read..but I think the way it ended up was perfect for the story :D

[A SINGLE LETTER? WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE USE A SINGLE LETTER TO REPLACE AN ENTIRE WORD?????????][b]3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car[/b][/A SINGLE LETTER? WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE USE A SINGLE LETTER TO REPLACE AN ENTIRE WORD?????????]
he was kind of "aww cute" there..but wanted him to be gone so we could get back to Edward/Bella being romantic ::sigh::

[A SINGLE LETTER? WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE USE A SINGLE LETTER TO REPLACE AN ENTIRE WORD?????????][b]4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?[/b][/A SINGLE LETTER? WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE USE A SINGLE LETTER TO REPLACE AN ENTIRE WORD?????????]
no.. I didnt think he bite her.. I thought he was doing his sexy "lemme kiss the sweet spot" thing he was so good at heh.
I saw NM beside Twilight when I bought it so in the back of my head I thought the story went on..and was going to read it of course :D[/quote]

totally agree with every single one of your answers!

hazelred
Settled in Forks

Post by hazelred »

1. Yes i knew it was prom and i dont know how Bella didnt realise it especially with the whole Tyler incident, which made me laugh and swoon in equal measure. shes not free any other night as far as im concerned, or something along those lines, heartbreaking!!!

2. I liked the extended version. I liked how Rosalie was helping, and of course Alice making Bella girly is always funny. I also like the descriptions of their dresses i prefer descriptive explanations on clothing, helps with the old imagination.

3. Yeah didnt know what to make of that, Although i could guess from the moment he told stories about his people being descended from wolfs, or however the legend went i thought yep he's a warewolf. I thought that Jacob already knew this and was lying to Bella. I dont think it took much to bribe him to go to the prom any chance to a. see Bella and b. get her away from Edward

4. I never thought he was biting her. He often kisses her on the neck i was just in a swooning haze of oh my dear and fluffy lord this book is gooooood. Ive only read it very recently, i think this is my second week post twilight universe and i had new moon sitting right beside me as i was finishing it and the promise of Eclipse in a couple of days, and for that i was
thankful,
i absolutly hate waiting for sequals, (i'd been waiting for HP 7 from book 4 and was in a state of nervous tension throughout my teen years all over a darn book, now ive gone and done it again! :D ) my mind goes to all these horrible places and i look everywhere for spoilers. honestly im almost catatonic in wait for Breaking Dawn and i only have a month to wait i can imagine how those who have been with it from the begining. argh!!!! me want it now!!!!!!! whimper....JASPER! a little help?

hee hee ;)
bb
xxx
[img]http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/hazelred88/witness.png[/img]

elysiepiecie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by elysiepiecie »

1. Did you figure out right away that they were on their way to prom or did you, like Bella, have something else in mind?
I had something else in my mind. I didn't think that he was going to change her, but I thought he was taking her out for a nice night on the town.

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why?
I haven't read the extended version because my computer won't let me, but I'm sure it's awesome. I will do so, as soon as I can fix it and edit my post.

3. How did you feel about Jacob at the prom? And please, try to ignore any feelings you may have developed about him from New Moon. Remember at the end of Twilight, Jacob doesn't believe in the superstitions of his people and is only there to get parts for his car
I think that Jacob at the prom just was awkard. Jacob is a nice guy, and I think his character has a lot of potential. I felt bad for him for Billy putting him up to it.

4. The last line of Twilight has confused many readers as they assume Edward bites her right then and there. Were you one of those people? Be honest! And how did you feel about that ending? If you read the book when it first came out, were you desperate for more? If you read the book recently, did you know there was a sequel and were already planning to read it?
No I was not one of those people. I liked the ending, especially because I read it after New Moon had came out. My plans were to get New Moon the very next day.

jaspersfanpire
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Resurrecting Edward from the book and into real life

Post by jaspersfanpire »

1. I wasn't really trying to figure out where he was taking her. I was focused on the scene. BUT...my very first reaction was that he was taking her to go get married...how retarded is that?

2. I've read the extended version, but I did so awhile ago. So, I have absolutely no recallition (spell?) of what happened in it.

3. I was really annoyed with him. Why couldnt he just lie and tell Billy that he did give the message to Bella? He seemed really awkward around her. But then again, I would be to if i was competing with someone like Edward...

4. No I wasn't one of those people. I never once thought that and I couldn't believe people actually did. I knew there was a sequel and I right away asked my friend to borrow it.
"I was with Edward in my happy place."

CamberXite
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by CamberXite »

Nope, I had no idea that It was prom.

2. If you haven't read the extended prom remix at Stephenie's site, I encourage you to do so right now. If you have read it, do you think the shorter version is better? What parts of the extended version do you think should have been left in the book and why
?

I loved all the extended parts. They were amazing :D

I thought it was weird that he was there.

I already knew that he didn't bite her. Because he was so against it.
<center>[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6910/heartci7.png[/img]
[color=black][b] ✖ Chicken Noodle Soup and 2 Sodas on The Side! Aussie at heart !! ✖
Awesome banner and avie by Kit! <3[/color][/b]

[b][url=http://roomofrequirement.omgforum.net]CLICK HERE! ♥ Check Yes Juliet! ♥[/url][/b]<center>