Chapter 6 - Scary Stories

Our chapter by chapter discussion area for Twilight.
Edward<3
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Edward<3 »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?

yes. to tell you the truth, i wanted to go there and see. it made me want to keep reading!

2. How did you feel about Lauren and her open dislike of Bella?

I thought it was insignificant.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?

I liked him, he was a little shy and im sure he probably had a crush on Bella.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?

Bella had some weird things going on and wanted to find answers. Jacob probably didnt want to seem "uncool."

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" are true, how do you feel about the idea that we could see some werewolves in future books?

I was excited! But i was not sure where the book would go when i got to the end.
"Tell me what you want, and you can have it."
"You," I mumbled almost incoherently.
"I'm yours."
natanyx
Wandering Through Town

Post by natanyx »

1. What was your initial thought about the fact that Charlie told Bella Goat Rock wasn't a good place for camping? Did you wonder what else Edward might be doing up there?
I actually didn't connect Edward and Goat Rock until later, so the first time I read through it I didn't think much of the warning, just her Dad being protective. Now that I've connected the two, it made me wonder whether Edward was either a really experienced hunter and could defend himself, or if he'd gone and lied about his location.

I could understand how annoyed Bella, having been through that similar situation myself, being disliked for no reason. So silly and stupid, made me have a bit of dislike for Lauren even though much hasn't been said about her besides all of that.

3. What was your first impression of Jacob Black? Did you like him? Did you get the sense that he was interested in Bella as more than a friend?
The first thing that hit me about Jacob that he was yet another guy who was interested in her, but in this case, she was slightly more open to him because of his connection to her family and how long they've known each other. I really wasn't sure what to think about him, I just hoped he wasn't another guy that was going to follow Bella around.

4. Why do you suppose Jacob didn't believe the legends of his people as readily as Bella did?

I'm assuming that he doesn't believe in them simply because it seems silly and far fetched, and perhaps may not be something he wants true, so it's better off if he doesn't believe in it.

5. Given the fact that the stories about the "cold ones" are true, how do you feel about the idea that we could see some werewolves in future books?
I'm not a big fan of werewolves, so hm. I dunno. I have a feeling it might be pretty interesting to see how it all ties together.
EdwardxBella341
Settled in Forks

Post by EdwardxBella341 »

My friend pratically spoiled the book saying Edward was a vampire already. But I did question why was he feeding on bears.(I still believed the vampires only feed on human blood from those other myths)

I didn't think it was very fair to judge someone you barely ever talked to. But when I found out it was because of Tyler it annoyed me very much.

I pictured him as a small boy. I couldn't ever picture him as 15 for some reason. I didn't know what to think of him since it only described him as a small 15 year old boy(thats what it said right?). I didn't think he was interested in Bella more than a friend really.

I don't think he believed it because well, would you believe it if someone told you there were werewolves and vampires living in your town? :wink: Well, actually I would lol.

I LOVED this idea. It made the book much more interesting. Now I can't get enough of twilight vampires ^^
[img]http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/130/b/f/Edward_and_Bella__Propose__by_MakinoNight.gif[/img]
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb"
-Edward
Twilight<3
Decorating With Esme

Post by Twilight<3 »

Nothing, really. Sometimes I get so absorbed in a story where I don't really think anymore and Twilight was one of them.
I was just think. "Geez, you b****" Excuse my language, but I answered honestly.
At the time, he just kind of seemed like a Mike, persistantly annoying to get her to like him. I knew he liked her more than just a friend.
Well, Bella knew and had seen the Cullen's and their strange behavior while Jacob just went off of Billy's prejudices and superstitions.
I've read New Moon so I won't answer this.
<center>[img]http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn137/nysi_howard/domdrumming.gif[/img]
-Banner made by nysi_howard-
[b]Dom and his Green Skinnys is Love[/b]
[url=http://twilightskitsbanners.aforumfree.com]Twilight site[/url] | [url=http://roomofrequirement.omgforum.net]Harry Potter site[/url]</center>
Edwardisanangel!
Fishing with Charlie

Post by Edwardisanangel! »

Well, I already knew that he was a vampire, from reading the back of the book, so I had suspicions about him hunting.

I just guessed that Lauren was the kind of person that would openly dislike people for no apparent reason. She just gave off bad vibes to me. I never really paid attention to Lauren. Sure she was a jerk. End of story.

I definitely didn't think there would be more than friendship there, although I could see that he was interested. I liked him, because his friendly smile was so easily likeable. Bella liked him, and so I did too.

Well, even in Bella's position, I wouldn't have believed them. He had been exposed to them all of his life by people who, like Sam, he didn't particularly like(except Billy). He just believed they were nonsense because they had been fed to him all of his life, and he had never seen any proof of their truth. Bella on the other hand, had experienced miraculous things at the hands of Edward and was ready to accept anything that meant she wasn't crazy.

I'm not that insightful, personally. I read it, not even thinking about the foreshadowing there, simply hungry for more Edward.[/i]
[img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd150/ilovejacobblack/soulspeed.jpg[/img]
Adorable Avatar by the Amazing Queen Alcy and Beautiful Banner by the Outstanding Ouisa!
lollylew
Settled in Forks

Post by lollylew »

I had figured from the start that maybe Edward had gone camping and since I didn't know yet that Edward fed on animals I really didn't know what else he might be doing there.

That she was jealous about the attention that Edward was paying her as well as the other boys (probably because she has been the one that used to get all the attention.)

I just felt that he was a friend of the family and I sort of felt bad for him that Bella used him to get information about the Cullens out of him. I think that he just liked the fact that Bella singled him out to talk to him.

Well being Native American I'm sure that he heard lots of stories of his people over his life and just considered this one to be another story. Bella was more easily ready to believe the stories because of some of the odd things she had noticed about Edward and his family.

I could easily believe that they are still around.
[img]http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii25/lollylew/Esmeschildren2.jpg[/img]
La Push<3
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter Six - Scary Stories

Post by La Push<3 »

Oops, I accidently posted the same thing twice. Sorry.
Last edited by La Push<3 on Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
La Push<3
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by La Push<3 »

High school girls can be so mean. It's terribly sad how girls like Lauren can act so rude and get away with it.

I loved Jacob Black the moment he was first mentioned. I couldn't wait to see him in the book again. Yes, I got the sense he had a crush on Bella. Come on, a sweet, pretty Junior from his distant past flirting with him? I can see why he would be smitten.

Bella knew that Edward was super natural. She was all set to believe Edward wasn't human. Jacob, on the other hand, like most people, would think it was just some crazy campfire story.
almost a bella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by almost a bella »

The Cullens wanted some peace. It was somewhere thy could be theirselves. They hunted there.

She's jelous that Bella is geting attention. She also likes Tyler and Tyler likes Bella. In any sense I can't stand Lauren.

He seemed like a nice guy, and sweet. Yes, torwards the end of that part.

He thought they were stories of the past. Plus Bella knew there was something different aout Edward and the Cullens.

Maybe, and if it did it was likely to cause problems.
TWILIGHT: The story of the lion and the lamb. A modern tale of Romeo and Juliet.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;0;5/st/20080802/e/Breaking+Dawn+Release/dt/-1/k/611c/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Fan Fics:on fanfiction.net 9user name: lavenderbella0
Jane's Visit
What? Engaged1
mommavamp
Wandering Through Town

Post by mommavamp »

1. When Charlie told Bella Goat Rock was not a good place for camping I figured Edward and Emmett were going on some kind of hunting trip.
2. Lauren's open dislike for Bella hit me like, oh well, typical high school "mean" girl who won't matter a bit in Bella's life in the future.
3. I did like Jacob Black from the beginning. He seemed like a fun guy. I felt kind of bad for him the way Bella used him to get information. I really had no feeling one way or another if he had deeper feelings for Bella.
4. To Jacob the stories of his people were just that, stories. Bella had seen some things and was onto the fact that the Cullen's were not your typical family.
5. Wow. I never thought about possibly seeing werewolves in future stories.