Chapter 23-The Angel

Our chapter by chapter discussion area for Twilight.
joy
Wandering Through Town

the angel

Post by joy »

I was a little confused because at first i thought James was already dead and Edward was at Bella's side. Then however the chapter speaks of hearing a snarl; a deeper, wilder roar that rang with fury. Was this Edward reacting to James or James to Edward? Then after the first paragraph Bella has her hand raised and feels a sharp pain slashing against it. So James must have made another last pass at her before the Cullens got a hold of him. Right? I don't believe Edward wanted to change Bella. He was hesitant to try the sucking out the venom because he feared he might not be able to stop. Alices first thought was for Edward to change Bella right then because sucking the venom out was something none of them ever tried and never heard of until Carlisle mentioned it. Alice said "Will that work"? Carlisle wasn't sure either but he wanted to try that first then I'm sure if that didn't work Edward would have changed her. He would rather have her alive with him as a vampire then dead buried six feet under. Now when I read all the other books I always know that Edward has had Bella's blood and what a bond that is for the two of them. Yet she remains human. Edward has the best of both worlds now for a vampire (tasting your loves blood but having her alive and well at the same time).
Emmett grinned. "Fall down again, Bella?" I glared at him fiercely. "No, Emmett. I punched a werewolf in the face." Emmett blinked, and then burst into a roar of laughter.

AlwaysBeHis
Settled in Forks

Cries...

Post by AlwaysBeHis »

I just re-read Twilight for the third time...

and each time i read this chapter i cry... :(
"I Promise To Love You Forever, Every Single Day Of Forever"

elysiepiecie
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by elysiepiecie »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place?
I knew what was going on. I think the way Stephenie wrote it was amazing...you were meant to feel alittle in the dark, just as Bella was.

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation?
I did not think Edward would be, I think he loves the human qualities of her too much.

jaspersfanpire
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Resurrecting Edward from the book and into real life

Post by jaspersfanpire »

1. I knew what was going on.

2. Um, no. At the time I didnt think that he would, but now I know it was a possibility.

I'd just like to say that this is my favorite chapter in Twilight because its very sweet and shows just how much they love each other and what they are and aren't willing to do to protect one another.
"I was with Edward in my happy place."

CamberXite
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by CamberXite »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place?

I actually had no idea what had happened to her. I didn't think that James had actually bitten her.

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation?

I actually did. I was really surprised when He didn't
<center>[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6910/heartci7.png[/img]
[color=black][b] ✖ Chicken Noodle Soup and 2 Sodas on The Side! Aussie at heart !! ✖
Awesome banner and avie by Kit! <3[/color][/b]

[b][url=http://roomofrequirement.omgforum.net]CLICK HERE! ♥ Check Yes Juliet! ♥[/url][/b]<center>

~Lindsay~
Settled in Forks

Post by ~Lindsay~ »

I knew what was happening right away. I didn't understand that the sharp pain in her hand was James biting her, but I knew Edward had come to rescue her. :)

I knew he would find some way to keep her from becoming a vampires...and when Carlisle offered sucking out the venom, I knew he would do it.

This is my favorite chapter in the whole book. NETSPEAK IS SO UNATTRACTIVE PLEASE FIX ME! why, it's just really sweet at the end when Edward keeps her from becoming a vampire even when it was impossible for him and then they are finally reunited. :)
Hey, I'm Lindsay. :)

TwilightMoonEclipse
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightMoonEclipse »

1. I got it right away. I never thought she would die because by the time I started reading Twilight New moon was already out and SHE HAD TO BE IN THAT BOOK! When it said the Angel..First name that comes to mind is Edwards of course...

2. IF she were to die Edward wouldn't have a choice. Just like Carlisle when Edward was going to die and needed a companion.
It's either live without her or live with her knowing you might have taken away her soul(not that Bella would have minded).
Death,that hath sucked the honey of thy breath, hath had no power yet upon thy beauty

bella is my hero
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella is my hero »

i knew that she hadnt died.i mean edward would have to come and rescue her sooner or later but she had some pretty nasty injuries when he pushed her so i didnt expect anything less of pain.i didnt realixe however that he had bitten her.

2.edward wouldnt let her die!!!! i dont think that he could watch her go through the pain of becoming one anyway.....but he cant take away her soul.and bella didnt even disscus it with him.turning i mean.
"sleep,my bella.Dream happy dreams.You are the only one who has touched my heart.It will be forever yours.Sleep,my only love."-edward cullen