Chapter 23-The Angel

Our chapter by chapter discussion area for Twilight.
pelirroja

Chapter 23-The Angel

Post by pelirroja »

THe chapter summary can be found here

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place?

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation?

Chaos
Lusting for blood

Post by Chaos »

1. The chapter starts with Bella talking describing the sounds she hears because she is in too much pain to open her eyes. Were you able to put together exactly what happened, or did you have moments when you wondered what took place?

A.) I pretty much got it straight away, I was a little worried though that she was actually going to die...seeing as I didn't know about New Moon at that point.

2. Did you think Edward would be changing Bella into a vampire because it was a life and death situation?

I thought that if there wasn't any other way he would have, but seeing as Carlisle gave him the option to suck the venom out I knew he would do it at all costs to preserve her humanity (frowns)
[img]http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/6953/bannerchaoskt6.png[/img]

MelBell
Wandering Through Town

Post by MelBell »

I understood most of it, there were a few places where I got a bit confused, btu, then, reading back over it a few times after I knew what happened, it all came together. I was very confused about "the fire" on her hand, until Carlisle said that he had bit Bella.

I was a bit split on this. Mostly, I was thinking that if she comes to the point where she's about to die, right then, he would change her. Any other circumstances, he'd just want to get her to the hospital ASAP. I think he'd just never be able to fogive himself if he did change her, he'd always be accusing Bella of taking away her soul.

moonlite_fari
Settled in Forks

Post by moonlite_fari »

at first i was like, angels voice? then the voice was weeping so then i thought, EDWARD!!!!!!! i knew that james had attacked and they were still in the mirrored room.

i was really hoping for it but i knew that Edward is deadly determined to have her remain human. if Carlise didn't suggest sucking the venom out then he would have let it spread just because there is know other way. but because there was, Edward made sure to see it through.
[size=134]twilight[i]; my reality[/i][/size]
[size=84][if only. if only][/size]

[img]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/moonlite_fari/adward.png[/img]
Edward Cullen
My EXACT Brand Of Heroin<3

[img]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/moonlite_fari/JacobBlack1.jpg[/img]
Jacob Black
My SUN on Earth*

[i]~`moonlite_fari[/i]

Edward_is_my_hero
Wandering Through Town

Post by Edward_is_my_hero »

When I thought of the angel I thought right to Edward, but at first I was a little confused on what happened. I knew Edward would save her in the end, thank you for having New Moon out.

I knew he wouldn't due to his views being so strong against the transformation, but I could hope. When I first read it I was pretty sure that was when it was going to happen since it was the perfect opportunity.
"Into the blood (into the blood),
I met my love before I was born
He wanted love, I taste of blood
He bite my lip and drank my war from years before"
- AFI "Love Like Winter"

Murasaki

Post by Murasaki »

I had moments that I wondered what took place.

I thought it. If Bella had become worst, Edward would changed her.

haphazard_hue
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter 23-The Angel

Post by haphazard_hue »

I knew what was going on because who could be more of an angel than Edward? :D

Edward wouldn't have changed her because he loves her the way she is. Maybe if it was a life and death situation with no Carlisle present, but because of Edward's dedication and love for the person that Bella already was, I didn't think it was possible.
"Everything happens for a reason."

Kissa
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by Kissa »

At first I was thinking "Wait, she's not dying, is she?! She can't be!", but then I figured she was just in so much pain.. I got the Angel-part right away though, seeing as Bella always compares him to one..! :D

I was (of course) hoping very much for it, but I didn't really think he would unless it was the very last option.. He loves her (if love covers his feelings), but he'd definitely feel guilty later on if he changed her. So I didn't really think he would, and the second Carlisle said there was another option, I was like "Darn it! No such luck, huh?" :wink:
[url=http://www.ramblingsandthoughts.com/twilight/viewstory.php?sid=252][img]http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q89/Kissa001/Banner-avie/KissaandCocoa.jpg[/img][/url]

forevermagik
Learning to Love Green

Post by forevermagik »

1. I was like "what the heck??? she can't die! What is going on here? But when Edward showed up, I knew it was going to be okay.

2. I would assume that if changing her was his last, I repeat last option, he would do so. Otherwise, he would go to all means necessary to keep her human. Though, I wish he would change her.
Me siento tan normal, tan fragil, tan real. Me ellavas al espacio sideral. Y volar como lo hace Superman.

EdwardsGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: *Reading Pride and Prejudice...while anxiously waiting for Breaking Dawn.*

Post by EdwardsGirl »

I think I re read it once, but I pretty much understood what was happening!

I was hoping, but somehow...I knew he wouldnt.
GoD BleSs!
[img]http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h282/malaz202/theRECW2copy.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd257/RensFeathers/Random/EdsPeople.gif[/img]

Thank You Feathers and Malaz! You guys rock!