Chapter 21-Phone Call

Our chapter by chapter discussion area for Twilight.
songreader
Wandering Through Town
Location: trapped in a closet that just happens to have a computer

Post by songreader »

I'm sorry this isn't answering the questions, but did Edward ever read the letter? If not, what happened to it?
I'm as honest as dirt, you know. I'm even more charming than dirt.

Woe! Woe to the cruel gods of fate! Dear bookstore, when did you become so small? I might just go emo...

HopelesslyDevotedtoEdward
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by HopelesslyDevotedtoEdward »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix?
*GASP*

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on?
They would only stop her from going, and try to convince her that there was another way to keep her mother safe, but Bella just wants to ensure that her mom's not in danger.

3. Bella is able to resist Jasper's calming power. Do you think she actually successfully resisted, or that he gave up when she broke contact?
I think he gave up when she broke contact. Bella was already tired, so I don't think she would have had enough willpower alone to stop him.
Team Edward!
*Because only a vampire can love you forever*
Member of the [color=cyan]COCL[/color]
[b][color=red]Officially converted to Cullenism![/color][/b]

*cullens & converse
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by *cullens & converse »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had stetched Bella's house in Phoenix?
I knew something was up with her mom, whether it was an illusion or not...and I knew Bella would not be so excited.

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on?
Simply this- they would have stopped her. She didn;t know about her mother not really being there, so she was only acting for the safety of her, and Alice/Jasper would've held her back...which would have made her terrified.

3. Bella is able to resist Jasper's calming power. Do you think she actually successfully resisted, or that he gave up when she broke contact?
Both...she resisted it, because she was so determined to save her mother and be with Edward, and get James off her trail...but he gave up because he knew it was no use, she needed to be able to realize what she wanted.
[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/cullens_converse/ssg/pippa.png[/img]
^Thank you Saffy (t1gr), my wonderful secret santa, for the set! It's gorgeous, thank you!!

[url=http://z7.invisionfree.com/vesperarium/index.php?showtopic=210][img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb26/cullens_converse/animfinalcopy.gif[/img][/url]
<3GOPATRIOTS

amoredward
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by amoredward »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had sketched Bella's house in Phoenix?

I was getting very apprehensive about Alice's visions, because why would she see Bella's house? What was going to happen there?

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on.

Bella knew that they would try to stop her if she attempted to go through with her plan, so she didn't want to risk any chance of putting her mother in danger from James.

I think that she was resisting it even when they broke contact, but when Jasper felt that his attempts were going nowhere, he gave up.
[img]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t83/MMarieB_bucket/winning%20bet%20banners/amoredwards.gif[/img]

[img]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x170/amoredward/Twilight%20Banner%20and%20Other/theairsun.jpg[/img]

Lovely janner (Jake-banner, for all you silly coneheads!) by LovesTwilightx3!!!

Sansa
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by Sansa »

1. What was your reaction when you realized that Alice had stetched Bella's house in Phoenix?

I was surprised. If she haven't been there, how could she see it?

2. Why do you think Bella chooses not to tell Alice and Jasper what is going on.

Because they wouldn't have let her go to find James and save her mother. They would have waited to Edward.

He gave up when she broke contact, I think.
"Unfortunately, the clock is ticking, the hours are going by. The past increases, the future recedes. Possibilities decreasing, regrets mounting."

letyoudown
Wandering Through Town

Post by letyoudown »

I was like, "oh, snap. That can't be good" and then I started to worry about the outcome. I wasn't quite sure how everything was going to turn out if James was really so close to them and everything.

I think she choses not to tell them what is going on because it's her fight. I think that it got so much more personal for her once her mother got involved. And, I think that since she felt like she wasn't worth all of the stuff they were doing for her anyway, she felt the need to go it alone.

I think that Jasper stopped. I don't think that you can really escape Jasper's powers, no matter what, because he is physically changing your emotional state. It's not some mind trick that he's playing.
<i>I'd wait till we were close enough to the ground, get a good grip on you, kick out the wall, and jump. Then I'd run you back to the scene of the accident, and we'd stumble around like the two luckiest survivors in history.<i>
- Eclipse

hiseyesliquidgold
Wandering Through Town

Post by hiseyesliquidgold »

I was o my gosh this is when I started hyperventalating and I started having an extenstenial breakdown

I think right at this point she was like screw them i need to save my mom. She was just sooooo focused on making sure her family was all right she didn't realize how much danger she was putting herself and Alice and Jasper in without telling him.

I think he gave up only when he saw it wasn't helping much

iheartedcullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter 21-Phone Call

Post by iheartedcullen »

I was terrified for her. And also afraid Renee would come home.

Because she thinks it will put them in danger.

Probably a little bit of both.

RunningWithVampires
Learning to Love Green

Post by RunningWithVampires »

I was quite freaked out, actually.

They'd stop her.

He gave up.
Rachel:)
“This hostage stuff is fun.â€Â

Edward<3
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Edward<3 »

I was afraid for Bella. i almost panicked. I was also a bit afraid for Renee.

They probably wouldnt let her go through with what she was planning. but also i dont even know why Bella didn't because Alice would have found out as soon as she made the decision.

I think it was both. She was resisting against Jasper which was hard on him, so he just gave up.
"Tell me what you want, and you can have it."
"You," I mumbled almost incoherently.
"I'm yours."