Chapter 19 ~ Goodbyes

Our chapter by chapter discussion area for Twilight.
sarahbells
Banging out dents with Tyler

Re: Chapter 19 ~ Goodbyes sarah

Post by sarahbells »

pelirroja wrote:1. What did you think tactic Bella uses to get out of her house? Does she go too far?

no i think any desprate teen would do those kinds of things when they needed to

2. There is a lot of interraction among the Cullens. Aside from Carlisle, the one person who can get an upset Edward to listen is Alice. What do you think that says about their relationship?

they have a very strong bond that can not be broken. he truley loves his family!

3. Why do you think Laurent chose to leave James and Victoria and head to Denali?

i think he was sacred that he would also be killed by the cullens.

4. Were you surprised that Jasper could felt that Bella was worth it. What do you think lead him to that conclusion?
he was just seeing how happy edward was with her and he wants the best for his brother. so whatever makes him happy jasper will go with
I was already past trying to live through one week at a time, or even on day. I was fighting to make it through a single hour. It was only a matter of time - and not much of it- before I showed up at your window and begged you to take me back. I'd be happy to beg now, if you'd like that.
I LOVE EDWARD CULLEN

Sansa
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by Sansa »

1. What did you think tactic Bella uses to get out of her house? Does she go too far?

It's not a good tactic and she was going too far, but it worked.

2. There is a lot of interraction among the Cullens. Aside from Carlisle, the one person who can get an upset Edward to listen is Alice. What do you think that says about their relationship?

They are silbings, but Alice does not always agree with Edward, and argue constantly, but also understand each other.

3. Why do you think Laurent chose to leave James and Victoria and head to Denali?

Because he wasn't so close to Victoria and James as it seemed.
"Unfortunately, the clock is ticking, the hours are going by. The past increases, the future recedes. Possibilities decreasing, regrets mounting."

letyoudown
Wandering Through Town

Post by letyoudown »

1. What did you think tactic Bella uses to get out of her house? Does she go too far?
I thought that it was incredibly harsh. But, I think that it was necessary. Bella couldn't just walk out and leave - Charlie would come after her. She had to say the one thing that would insure he wouldn't follow. And, she hit the nail on the head.

2. There is a lot of interaction among the Cullens. Aside from Carlisle, the one person who can get an upset Edward to listen is Alice. What do you think that says about their relationship?
I think that it shows that the have a more special relationship. I think that they are so close because their powers can go hand-in-hand more than anyone else. They work together a lot, they're friends, they love each other. It's just how it goes.

I think he was truly intrigued by the Cullen's lifestyle. And, I think that he never really cared for James and Victoria; he was just traveling with them until he found something better - in this case, it was Denali.

4. Were you surprised that Jasper could felt that Bella was worth it. What do you think lead him to that conclusion?
I wasn't surprised that he could feel it. If Edward loved Bella so much - and if the majority of the Cullen's loved her enough - that's what he would know. She's worth it. They wouldn't risk everything if they didn't love her and Edward.
<i>I'd wait till we were close enough to the ground, get a good grip on you, kick out the wall, and jump. Then I'd run you back to the scene of the accident, and we'd stumble around like the two luckiest survivors in history.<i>
- Eclipse

iheartedcullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter 19 ~ Goodbyes

Post by iheartedcullen »

Not too far. Just doing what she had to do to keep Charlie safe and in the dark about the situation.

I think they have a great understanding. Their abilities give them an insight that no one else around them has but that they can kind of share.

Because it was either stay with James and fight this obviously strong coven standing around him, or go to the Denali. Since his bond with James was not the strong he decided to save his own skin.

He could feel what she was feeling but he could also feel what Edward was feeling. Even though she was feeling not worth it, he knew how much she meant to Edward. I really liked that part. I warmed up to Jasper quite a bit.

seacow007
Settled in Forks

Post by seacow007 »

she want to far, but if it helped her to go to arizona, more power to her!
Edward's private counselor
- full so don't ask!

Edward<3
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Edward<3 »

1. What tactic do you think Bella uses to get out of her house? Does she go too far?

she hurts Charlie by saying the same thing her mother said when she left him..i think so. it was really harsh of her.

they are really really close.

because he didnt want to be part of the hunt. he respected what the Cullens had to say about their way of life.

4. Were you surprised that Jasper could feel that Bella was worth it? What do you think lead him to that conclusion?

no i wasnt surprised. he knew Edward really cared for her. it was kind of like more than love if that is possible.
"Tell me what you want, and you can have it."
"You," I mumbled almost incoherently.
"I'm yours."

almost a bella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Chapter 19 ~ Goodbyes

Post by almost a bella »

[quote="pelirroja"]1. What did you think tactic Bella uses to get out of her house? Does she go too far?

SHE KNEW IT WOULD GET HER OUT QUICK.
NO, BECAUES IT WAS A LIFE OR DEATH THING

HE TRUSTS HER VERY MUCH.

TO HAVE A TRY AT THE NEW WAY OF LIFE.. I DON'T KNOW.

HE DOESN'T WANT TO SEE EDWARD UNHAPPY.
[/quote]
TWILIGHT: The story of the lion and the lamb. A modern tale of Romeo and Juliet.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;0;5/st/20080802/e/Breaking+Dawn+Release/dt/-1/k/611c/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Fan Fics:on fanfiction.net 9user name: lavenderbella0
Jane's Visit
What? Engaged1

crystalhart
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by crystalhart »

I think that it was one of the only tactics that would've gotten her out of that house. But I do wish that Bella had thought it through better so that she didn't have to hurt Charlie so much.

I think that Alice and Edward have a the strongest non-romantic relationship of all the Cullen's. As Edward says in Midnight Sun "We are both freaks so we have to stick together and back eachother up"

I think that Laurent is a coward and so when the going got to intense and dangerous he went running to the only other vampire coven that he knew would take him in and be peaceful.

I wasn't surprised, I think that he always felt that way but couldn't show it as much as the other's because he has such a problem taming his thirst. I think that he accepts her because Edward loves her so much and Alice really likes her and to Jasper, Alice is his life, he would do anything for her.
and so the lion fell in love with the lamb...

Emmett- "Fall down again Bella?"
Bella- "No Emmett, I punched a werewolf in the face."

[img]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh50/edwards_hot_lovers/for.png[/img] [img]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q174/cottoncandycatie/twilight-2.png[/img] [img]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff272/tycrzy/twilight/badguy.png[/img][img]http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa63/x_Patronus_x/Twilight/th7844877.png[/img]

mommavamp
Wandering Through Town

Post by mommavamp »

Bella was thinking for protecting her father and he was not going to let her go. She did what she felt she had to do in order to make a clean break at the time.

I think Edward and Alice are very close due to the gifts they possess. They respect and admire one another.

He was not that attached to them in the 1st place and as we have learned most vampires just ban together for convenience or out of lonliness. I believe they were not really his kind of "people". He was just with them for the time being anyway.

Since Jasper feels what others feel I believe he knows the lonliness Edward had before Bella came along and he can now feel Edwards jubilation that he has found his one true love. This is what leads him to say to Bella "you are worth it".

IheartEC93
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by IheartEC93 »

Yeah... that one even hurt me a little bit. I think drawing her mom's line into was pretty harsh, but if it shut Charlie up then i guess it did its job.

Alice and Edward's relationship is one that i absolutely love! they're the best brother/sister team, and they're close without being all lovey-dovey. he can trust her and vise versa, so if alice assures edward things are going to work out he will listen (at least a little bit)

I think Laurent had really mixed feelings about the whole thing. He didn't know whether to trust the Cullens and help them, or to go with James, who he seems afraid of. He probably wanted to get out of the whole picture and just go and spend some time with another family who would take him in.

I thought it would a stretch for Jasper to feel such specific emotions, but apparently no feeling is too precise for a super-ability vampire (next action movie name, i bet you!). he was really nice to talk to Bella about it instead of just leaving it be. I like Jasper a lot anyway, though...
http://forkspodcast.webs.com/ click me!!
[img]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/maybabyrains/thedwardPuff.png[/img] [img]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/maybabyrains/ththangela.png[/img] [img]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w42/Twix_Luvr/Twilight%20Series%20Icons/1647718.jpg[/img] [img]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g238/neji_momuke_love/my%20gifs%20luv/True.jpg[/img]