Chapter Two - Open Book

Our chapter by chapter discussion area for Twilight.
KendallCullen
Wandering Through Town

Re: Chapter Two - Open Book

Post by KendallCullen »

1. Where did you think Edward had gone off to at the start of the chapter and why did you think he had vanished?

I really didn't know, i just figured he was at his house, wherever that was. I was definitely sure that he wasn't there because of what happened with Bella.

2. We learn a few things about Bella's parents in this chapter. Charlie can't cook - Renee is rather needy and so on. What does this tell us about Bella as an individual?

Bella had to grow up too fast I think, because she had to take care of her parents.

3. What was your reaction to the polite way Edward treated Bella when he returned? Did you think he was putting on a show? How did it change your thoughts about his initial reaction to her?

It was weird, and not what I was expecting. I thought for like, two seconds he was putting on a show, but when he started asking all of those questions, i got confused. It sounded like he cared what she thought. I still had that first reaction in the back of my mind, because there were shades of it in that day as well, with his fists on the table and everything.

4. What was your first explaination for the change in Edward's eye color?

I wasn't sure.

Biteme2256
Settled in Forks

Post by Biteme2256 »

1. where did you think Edward had gone off to at the start of the chapter and why do you think that he vanished?

I kind of got the idea that he was resisting her blood because he was leaning away from her but i thought he didn't like her for some reason becaus he kept glaring at her i thought he was being rude.

2. we learn a few things about Bella's parents in this chapter. Charlie can't cook-Renee is rather needy and so on. What does this tell us about Bella as an individual?

for me it told me that Bella was self sufficient and that maybe she had to take care of herself a bit while growing up. But she seems strong and knowlegable about the world around her.

3. What was you reaction to the polite way Edward treated Bella when he returned? Did you think he was putting on a show? how did it change your thoughts about his initial reaction to her?

I was suprised by his politeness, not many people are polite now a days especially guys. At first i thought "What's he up to?" and then as i read on i realzed he was curiious about her and i started to wonder why.

4. What was your first explanitation for the change in Edward's eye color?
my first explanitation Edward's eye color i thought was his mood. that they turned black when he was angry or mad at someone or something, hence the balck eyes when he looked at Bella but i was wrong obviously because we all know its because of his thirst for her blood. :D
[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][img]http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/376/mybanner4836f8d958d58bj5.jpg[/img][/url]
- "I hear voices in my head and your worried that your a freak?" (Edward)

~Kate~BITE ME!~
Settled in Forks

Post by ~Kate~BITE ME!~ »

1. Where did you think Edward had gone off to at the start of the chapter and why did you think he had vanished?
-I thought he had just gone on a family vacation or something just to go somewhere.

2. We learn a few things about Bella's parents in this chapter. Charlie can't cook - Renee is rather needy and so on. What does this tell us about Bella as an individual?
-I think it lets us know her background and maybe possibly why she is the way that she is.

3. What was your reaction to the polite way Edward treated Bella when he returned? Did you think he was putting on a show? How did it change your thoughts about his initial reaction to her?
-I was really in shock. I thought he was just trying to be nice since she was the new girl and all. It really started to change the way i was thinking about Edward.

-At first i thouhgt he had the colored contacts...... :D
"I prefere brunettes.â€

Starinatstars03
Wandering Through Town

Post by Starinatstars03 »

Absolutely no clue. Didn't even try to figure it out. Too big of a hurry to see if he came back.

She has to be an incredibly responsible person. Like she said...someone has to be the parent.

Surprised but grateful. Yea. I was still curious as to why he acted like that.

Bella's explanation worked good for me. 'contacts'

Hereandthere
Banging out dents with Tyler

Post by Hereandthere »

I had no idea where he went but I had a feeling he went into some sort of hiding but I did know it was because of Bella. Again I had cheated having a background of the series to know that it was tied to her.

It showed that she is pretty self-sufficient and indpendent but I grapsed that from chapter 1 with not necessarily wanting to rely on others to figure things out and that her parents were a bit out of touch with her but then again alot of parents do seem to be out of touch with their kids.

I thought it was odd that he had suddenly changed but then I thought maybe he wants to make up for his earlier behavior. I still thought that he was a bit of a jerk for doing it. I did find it hilarious that he still tried to keep his nose away ecpecially when it's explained why later.

I thought that either Bella was imagining it or it was an illusion that he had going on or something. Again I knew he was a vampire way before I started reading it so I thought it was some vampire mind trick (not to be confused with jedi mind tricks :P )
Here, there, and everywhere...that's where you'll find me.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/RaiderCrash89/edward.jpg[/img] [img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd257/RensFeathers/Random/EdsPeople.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdamLgrH9hM]Check out Twilight for Dummies![/url] :D

NeverEndingSky
Settled in Forks

Post by NeverEndingSky »

1 . I had absolutely no idea. I was very angry that he was gone for so long (okay, fine, 11 pages. I already loved him at that point).

2. I though Bella was very mature.

3. I remember saying "Okaaaayyyy....." to myself when I got to that part. Very mysterious, it was. Though, I was especially amuse by their rivalry over who could identify the slides the fastest.

4. I figured it was a result of drinking blood.
"I can do this, I lied to myself feebly. No one was going to bite me." Bella, Twilight page 14

Oh, poor, unsuspecting Bella. If only you knew.

I <3 irony.

bananas13
Settled in Forks

Post by bananas13 »

I didn't know, I only assumed he was avoiding being around Bella.

It tells us that Bella is very independent and grew up raising herself. Growing up this way is why Bella feels so uncomfortable accepting gifts (like the car) and feels she should fend for herself.

I was surprised how he was suddenly very nice to her. I didn't think he was putting on a show, and I liked him much more.

I didn't really have an explanation, but from reading the summary I knew he was a vampire and guessed it had something to do with that.

MoonStarWithWings
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by MoonStarWithWings »

I had no idea.

Not much, I don't think. Just that Bella must be independant.

Oh, I thought he was putting it on.

Contacts... or super-natural.
[img]http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll54/MoonStarWithWings/MonVie.png[/img]
[color=cyan]SC Squared <3[/color]

[color=yellow]Team Edward[/color][color=orange]my brand of heroin.[/color]
[color=orange]Team Ian[/color][color=yellow]eight lives, eight planets and [i]then [/i]she found him.[/color]

joy
Wandering Through Town

a run through the woods

Post by joy »

#1. i just thought he was skipping school to avoid bella. i knew edward's character was a vampire so i knew it had to do with bella being human.what it exactly it was i wasn't sure.
#2. bella is more of the caregiver, cooking for charlie and talking to her mom about relationship choices. bella was born a 35 year old and is reaching middle age every year she gets older. she has always had to be responsible but she doesn't seem to mind.
#3. it seemed a little too nicey. its like he was really trying to pretend to be a human without knowing how a human acts and behaves. so he went a little overboard trying to be nonchalant. but i would listen just as intently either way. its edward!!! i thought yeah he is definitely into her.
#4. i thought the color had to do with his mood and boy did his moods swing... ocher was him being annoyed or upset, topaz was feeling relaxed and happy..[/list][/quote]

alsha
Wandering Through Town

Post by alsha »

i didn't know where he went i thought that he was just skiping school or somehting like that

i loved the way he treated her. no i thought he was just acting like himself or rather the way he should have acted the first time he met her. it didn't change my thoughts about him

i knew it had somthing to do with the thirst