Chapter Two - Open Book

Our chapter by chapter discussion area for Twilight.
onyxblooms
Wandering Through Town

Post by onyxblooms »

1. Where did you think Edward had gone off to at the start of the chapter and why did you think he had vanished?
-He went to Alaska of course, to see the Denali family because Bella was what the Volturi call a singer and he needed to get away before he killed her because he was a vegetarian. Ha!........ PFT. I had NO CLUE what was going on! I was like what the freak is the matter with this vampire?!

2. We learn a few things about Bella's parents in this chapter. Charlie can't cook - Renee is rather needy and so on. What does this tell us about Bella as an individual?
-She knows how to take care of herself, she has to.

3. What was your reaction to the polite way Edward treated Bella when he returned? Did you think he was putting on a show? How did it change your thoughts about his initial reaction to her?
-I think I thought she imagined it all and it was just a coincidental camping trip that he was gone on.

4. What was your first explaination for the change in Edward's eye color?
-Eye knew what it meant. Lol, "eye", get it? :roll:
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k116/Midnight57/edwardbiz-1.jpg[/img]

nostalgicmiss
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by nostalgicmiss »

1. Where did you think Edward had gone off to at the start of the chapter and why did you think he had vanished?
I had absolutely no idea, it was all so curious, I couldn't understand what it was about Bella that had offended him so badly, and all the while poor Bella is developing a complex.

2. We learn a few things about Bella's parents in this chapter. Charlie can't cook - Renee is rather needy and so on. What does this tell us about Bella as an individual?
I think this really shows her strengths and it explains how mature she really is. She has spent all of her life looking after her parents and she is a stronger woman because of it.

3. What was your reaction to the polite way Edward treated Bella when he returned? Did you think he was putting on a show? How did it change your thoughts about his initial reaction to her?
Haha I thought he had multiple Personalities :lol: It was beyond odd but his politeness seemed genuine so I began thinking he was having a bad day the first time he met her, a really bad day granted. I thinks this is when I realized that the darkness of his former introduction was not who he was and that got me pondering once again why he had reacted that way.

4. What was your first explanation for the change in Edward's eye color?
I think I figured that one out, I had read the back of the book before I bought it (About three things...) so I knew the basis for the storyline, and I figured that this would mean he was content or he had fed or he left his vampire self at home... I know I was grasping. :P
[img]http://www.elkevents.com/love.jpg[/img]
My fanfiction Story, I always wondered about Alice, she's one of my favorite characters.<a href="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4188861/1/Throught_the_Eyes_of_Alice_Cullen">Through the Eyes of Alice Cullen</a>
<a href="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4256119/1/Darkest_Night"> Darkest Night, Alice Fan Fic </a>

PixieDrink
Learning to Love Green

Re: Chapter Two - Open Book

Post by PixieDrink »

I had no idea where he went, I thought he was just staying away from the school.

Bella has to make up for these flaws in her parents by helping them to work around them. Such as cooking for Charlie and being around for Renee before she had Phil.

I think he regretted acting the way he did towards her and hoped that being nice for a while would make it better. I didn't he thought she was very special at this point, he was just trying to make up for mistakes.

I think my first explanation for the change in eye colour was when he was in a different mood. Like when they were Black he was angry.[/quote]
But of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it; for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Those violent delights have violent ends And in their triumph die, like fire and powder
Which, as they kiss, consume.

www.dylanmoranfans.forumakers.com.

KB
Settled in Forks

Post by KB »

I didn't know he was a vampire, so I just thought that he was sick with like the flu or something.

We learned that Bella is very mature for her age, because she has always played the role of parent to her parents.

I thought that he was trying to make up for the mean way he had acted because they had to sit next to each other, but I thought it was all just niceties and the like. I thought this guy went from crazy to a smooth talker

Definitely contacts and I couldn't figure out why he was lying about it.
[img]http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll52/korbincullen/bellaandedward.jpg[/img]

roughchicka0819
Settled in Forks

Post by roughchicka0819 »

I thought Edward had honestly quite school because of Bella...

Bella is very independent and can deal with tough situations..

I was like what the heck is goin on.... I didn't think Edward was putting on a show i just thought something was wrong with him.. It changed my thoughts afterwards, i thought he was actually normal and a nice guy..

4. What was your first explanation for the change in Edward's eye color?

I thought he had really good contacts.. lol :P
""Softly he brushed my cheek, then held my face between his marble hands. 'Be very still,' he whispered, as if I wasn't already frozen. Slowly, never moving his eyes from mine, he leaned toward me. Then abruptly, but very gently, he rested his cold cheek against the hollow at the base of my throat.""

Pippi
Settled in Forks

Post by Pippi »

I thought he was hiding out at home, because I figured he'd use his 'dazzling' good looks to get away with 'skipping.' I thought he'd vanished because he couldn't take Bella, for whatever reason. (I knew it would be about her blood though...if only the back wouldn't have given away the fact that it was about vampires.)

This tells us that Bella is probably very mature and she's probably had to grow up very fast, predominantly for her mother, and then she continued acting older than her age by cooking for her father.

I thought that he finally figured out Bella wasn't really a threat to him...even though later, we learned otherwise. It made me think that maybe he was just better a character then I had first labeled him.

I thought Bella was seriously imagining his change in eye color.

NgiNeThemba
Learning to Love Green

Post by NgiNeThemba »

I had no idea where he went off to and exactly why he reacted SO strongly.

It tells us, in my opinion, that Bella is an extremely mature and capable young woman and these are major clues as to why she has trouble relating to people her own age. She's an old soul.

It kind of made me suspect that something happened while he was away to change his mind...I guess we'll never know exactly what he was thinking until we get "Midnight Sun!"

Well, considering I knew he was a vampire already from the back of the book, I knew right away it had to do with the blood thing. It just made sense to me...I thought his eyes just got darker when he was thirsty, though, like an automatic thing, whereas it's really more gradual as we find out later...
~Aimee

Take the walk!
www.hanson.net

Edward_Obsessed68
Settled in Forks

Post by Edward_Obsessed68 »

I just thought he was probably avoiding bella, but by staying home.. not going to alaska =P lol

I think it kind of shows that bella grew up learning to fend for herself type thing? Her parents definately love her and all, but she raised herself in a few different aspects

I thought, since i knew he was a vampire, that maybe he needed time to compose himself. I think also that it had something to do with bella's conversation with jessica in the lunch room. I wasn't really sure what i thought about everything else, only that i wanted to wait and keeo reading until i made any assumptions...

I thought it just had something to do with his mood.
Darker when he was angry, lighter when happy type thing.
"Afterall, how many ways can one heart be mangled and still be expected to keep on beating?"
-New moon

Team Edward Forever And Always<3

Crystal_Heart_Vampaholic
Settled in Forks

Post by Crystal_Heart_Vampaholic »

I thought that he was hiding out doing the whole 'brooding, watch his prey from a distance' thing... I never thought he was REALLY gone.

It told me that she basically raised herself and that she was unnaturally mature for her age...she was forced to be the adult when she was still merely a child.

I thought that it was his way of saying he was sorry. He thought that if he played nice that she would forget the first impression... but as everyone knows first impressions stick.

I wasn't sure yet... I thought it had to do with him not being around her...but I was way off. :lol:

mrs.toricullen
Settled in Forks

Post by mrs.toricullen »

I thought he was just at home because he got sick. Yeah, my mistake.
She's independent. She can fend for herself, and has no problem being alone.
I thought Edward had gotten "an attitude makeover" or something. It kind of creeped me out, the way he was all polite and stuff. I thought something was wrong with him after coming back!
I'm pretty sure I'm psychic, because I thought it had to do with his moods, and sure enough, moods do play a part in why!
[img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/x__words/108yearoldvirgin.png[/img]