Chapter 16 - Carlisle

Our chapter by chapter discussion area for Twilight.
jaspersfanpire
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Resurrecting Edward from the book and into real life

Post by jaspersfanpire »

1. I think that they didnt need to breathe surprised me the most, even though it makes complete sense why they wouldn't have to.

2. I was surprised, but at the same time it was reasonable.

3. I never thought that he would get one...though Im glad he did in eclipse.

4.Um, I think he just feels relieved that Bella reacted well to meeting his family and learning the rest of his secrets.
"I was with Edward in my happy place."

CamberXite
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by CamberXite »

1.We learn quite a bit about the physiology of vampires in this chapter as Edward tells Carlisle's story. Which the most surprising thing you discovered - that they didn't need to breathe, that Carlisle tried to starve himself, or that they are very difficult to kill?

I was really surprised. All the myths and stuff that we've learn about. Hrmm. I enjoyed it!

2. How did you feel about Edward's confession that he drank from humans for a short period of time? Were you surprised? Or were you more like Bella in thinking that it seemed reasonable? What do you think of his choice to kill only "bad" humans?

I thought that it was alright. They were bad people and they deserved to die!

3. We get our first peek into Edward's room, which isn't really a bed room since it has no bed. Given the interest most fans have in all things romantic where these vampires are concerned, how long do you think it will take Edward to actually get a bed...if he ever gets one at all? Snigger...you know I had to ask!

Well we learn that he does get a bed, but I didn't think that he would.

4. Throughout the chapter, Edward is much MUCH more himself. He is very open with Bella and seems very comfortable around her. I understand that this is the day after their time in the meadow, but what do you think specfially changed between them that allows Edward to be so free all of a sudden?

I thought it was pretty awesome that he could be himself around Bella and his family.
<center>[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6910/heartci7.png[/img]
[color=black][b] ✖ Chicken Noodle Soup and 2 Sodas on The Side! Aussie at heart !! ✖
Awesome banner and avie by Kit! <3[/color][/b]

[b][url=http://roomofrequirement.omgforum.net]CLICK HERE! ♥ Check Yes Juliet! ♥[/url][/b]<center>

Jacob+edward7
Settled in Forks

Edward

Post by Jacob+edward7 »

I thought it was most suprising to know that they didn,t have to breathe. I agree with Bella about it being reasonable how he killed people in that short time, we humans do it all the time but in diffrent ways of coarse. Its no normally as dramatic but when someone tries to stick to a diet and eats a twinky or whatever or when someone stops smoking or things like that.
I love edwards room and i could care less his couch seems comfy to LOL. When he reveals everything to bella it is sort of clear as to why that is, see he tells us that he is quote" that kind of boy who runs off and gets married." he is very old fashioned and she is obviously very diffrent than other girls he has met. Another thing is she is in such danger that she should know this stuff.
*courtney Cullen*
Edward is my brand of heroine!

CullenAddict664
Settled in Forks

Post by CullenAddict664 »

1. We learn quite a bit about the physiology of vampires in this chapter as Edward tells Carlisle's story. Which the most surprising thing you discovered - that they didn't need to breathe, that Carlisle tried to starve himself, or that they are very difficult to kill?
Actually, I don't find any of those very surprising, but I do find it funny that they have to fake breathing around humans.

2. How did you feel about Edward's confession that he drank from humans for a short period of time? Were you surprised? Or were you more like Bella in thinking that it seemed reasonable? What do you think of his choice to kill only "bad" humans?
I wasn't surprised. He had a hard time resisting Bella in the beginning. So, it only seems right that he would have a hard time resisting any human as a newborn.

3. We get our first peek into Edward's room, which isn't really a bed room since it has no bed. Given the interest most fans have in all things romantic where these vampires are concerned, how long do you think it will take Edward to actually get a bed...if he ever gets one at all? Snigger...you know I had to ask!
Ha! He did get a bed in Eclipse...

4. Throughout the chapter, Edward is much MUCH more himself. He is very open with Bella and seems very comfortable around her. I understand that this is the day after their time in the meadow, but what do you think specfially changed between them that allows Edward to be so free all of a sudden?
I think it's because Bella isn't in any way afraid of Edward.