Chapter 12 ~ Balancing

Our chapter by chapter discussion area for Twilight.
Taxi
On a Pixie Stick Sugar Hi

Post by Taxi »

What are Billy and Jacobs feelings towards Bella?
I think Jacob has a little crush on Bella that he hasn't quite admitting to himself that he has, and Billy is protective and worried for her.

Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind being alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?

They both seem like soft-spoken individuals, but I don't think they'd be afraid to speak up if there is something they really care about. They're both clumsy and are fine with being alone.

Edward's questions continue and today he asks Bella about people: family and boyfriends. Why did he save those questions for the second day of questioning?

Maybe he asked the simple stuff first so she could get used to him. And plus, it'd be kind of odd if you talked about really personal things during one of your first conversations.

Why do yo think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe".

Because he cares for Bella, and wants her to be safe! Plus he knows that she has a tendency to be anything but.
<center>[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/heyquitpeeking/Yoyo/ban.png[/img]</center>

Mayde
Better Tracking Skills Than James

Re: Chapter 12 ~ Balancing

Post by Mayde »

1. What are Billy and Jacobs feelings towards Bella?

Billy is worried about Bella because he thinks that she's in danger of being eaten. Jacob obviously likes Bella.

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind beign alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?

They are both quiet and shy. Introverts. Small group of friends are ok, but big crowds are not so good.

3. Edward's questions continue and today he asks Bella about people: family and boyfriends. Why did he save those questions for the second day of questioning?

People questions are more personal and intimate that questions like "What's your favorite color?". It seems like a natural progression for questions.

4. Why do yo think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe".

Like Edward said, Bella could trip on anything!
Need help searching? Ask my new partner [b]Cullengirl[/b] in the [url=http://www.twilightlexicon.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10643][b][color=#CC99FF]Search thread![/color][/b][/url] She's a much better searcher than I am :)

mindreader
Settled in Forks

Post by mindreader »

Billy is frustrated that Bella won't listen to him and that he can't just tell her or Charlie why she shouldn't hang around the Cullens. Jacob has obviously joined the long line of Bella admirers.

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind beign alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?

Well Bella says she got her clumsy problem from Charlie, and they both aren't the type of people who like to be around other people always talking and doing things. They both like to have their own personal space and time,

3. Edward's questions continue and today he asks Bella about people: family and boyfriends. Why did he save those questions for the second day of questioning?

The first day the questions were about Bella herself so he could see exactly what type of person Bella is. So he could learn evrything about HER. The second day was more about the people in Bella's life. Also he didn't want to start the questions all sensitive stuff making it obvious how obsessed he is with her. It must be frustrating for Edward. Anyone else he could easily read their entire mind and find out but the one person he actually wants to find out about he can't.

Well he's had to rescue Bella so many times, obviously being safe is a challenge for Bella.
"Perhaps he would hesitate to prolong the moment, that ideal moment of anticipation, sometimes better than the kiss itself.
Edward hesitated to test himself.."

forevermagik
Learning to Love Green

Post by forevermagik »

1. Billy obviously isn't happy with Bella because she's hanging around with Edward a lot, and he can't just say out loud why Bella shouldn't be, because that would be breaking the treaty. Jacob obviously still has a crush on Bella and if there's any hatred toward Edward it is typical jealousy that Edward has what Jacob wants.

2. Bella and Charlie do not mind being independent. They work best alone most of the time. They are not very talkative people, they keep to themselves. Plus, Bella got her clumsiness from Charlie. But the being a danger magnet is another story.

3. He saved those questions for later because first of all, he wanted to know about Bella personally, now he wants to know about the people in Bella's life. Plus, she might be more inclined to answer fully because of all the questioning from the previous day. And, these are more personal questions that delve further into Bella's life, so it makes sense that he'd ask them when Bella would be more comfortable answering.

4. He can't seem to leave Bella alone for five minutes without her getting in trouble. He just wants her to try to be safe. She is a danger magnet after all.
Me siento tan normal, tan fragil, tan real. Me ellavas al espacio sideral. Y volar como lo hace Superman.

Kaiwynn
Settled in Forks

Post by Kaiwynn »

Billy feels frustrated, and he's protective. He really wants to help Bella. He's trying to keep her safe, in his way. It's hard for him, though, since he's trying to keep his motives under wraps. After all, he's not going to get any support from anyone, unless you think about other Quileute elders, perhaps. Jacob is annoyed by his father and definitely has a crush on Bella. He's hoping that she likes him just as much as he does, but he knows she doesn't -- considering the way she acts around Edward.

They've been self-sufficient, mostly, for much of their lives. Bella was obviously independent for the time when she was with Renee, and also when she's with Charlie. Charlie didn't love anyone after Renee left, and no one else has lived with him.

I think they take longer to answer, they're deeper, and they reveal more about Bella. Why would you ask all these deep, lengthy questions and then ask trivial ones afterwards?

4. Why do you think Edward wrote the words "Be Safe".

He's really worried about her. He knows she's fragile in a human way, but he knows also that she gets herself into trouble way more than your average person. He's hoping that maybe his words will make her think twice before she does something crazy again.
[url=http://kaiwynn.livejournal.com]My LJ.[/url]
[url=http://www.twilightarchives.com/viewuser.php?uid=1]All my fics.[/url]

emilyinforks
Banging out dents with Tyler
Location: In La Push, hitting on all the Quileute boys! (sd, ca)

Post by emilyinforks »

Billy is worried about Bella since he know the "truth" about the Cullens. Jacob wants more time with Bella because he's got a little crush on her,

They both are kind of loners. They both seem content in spending time alone.

probably because he saved the deeper questions for later. the answers you can't get from just "watching" someone.

because he genuinely cares for Bellas safety. and he won't be around to save her.
"Edward, I know who I can't live without."--Bella Swan, Eclipse

[url=http://www.myspace.com/emilysd][color=#CC99FF][b]THE SPACE.[/b][/color][/url]

Tyne
Settled in Forks

Post by Tyne »

Well, I think it was definitely apparent that Jacob was crushing on her, but with Billy, I felt he was just being protective for the sake of being protective. Charlie is his friend so of course he cares what happens to his daughter, but more so, he believes the legends of the "cold ones" and I think he would act the same toward any human girl involving herself with the Cullens.

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind being alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?
Their nature to be solitary and independent.

Those are the more personal questions, you gotta ease into those. :P

Because she's so klutzy! :lol:

Edward+BellaFan93
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Edward+BellaFan93 »

Well i think Jacob really likes Bella and i think Billy likes Bella too but i think he's concerned about her.

2. Charlie says he's aware that he leaves Bella alone too often, and Bella responds that she doesn't mind being alone. She further adds that she's a lot like Charlie. In what ways do you see them as being alike?
Well they both are independent.

I think he saved these questions because he wanted to see if Bella was comfortable with talking to him so when he saw that she was he thought then that she wouldn't mind him asking these questions.

Because he wants her to protect herself.
*I Love Edward Cullen!*
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
[img]http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll42/tara_176biz/Dir20en20Grey26.jpg[/img]

Brand Of Heroin

Post by Brand Of Heroin »

Jacob likes Bella, possibly more than a friend at this point. He looks forward to see her. Billy, on the other hand, is very concerned about Bella for hanging out with the Cullens. His belief about the "cold ones" are obviously not false. He hints that they're very dangerous. Since he's Charlie's best friend, his concern isn't surprising.

Independent? Charlie lived for years without anyone. Bella does mention that living with Charlie feels like having her own place, and she likes it like that.

Those questions are more personal then the ones he asked the day before. Edward probably wants Bella to feel a bit more comfortable when he asks those questions.

As much as Edward physically can save Bella, he doesn't want her to be in danger.

selena

Post by selena »

Jacob is crushing on her of course..Billy is worried about her because she wont listen to his advice and stay away from Edward

they are both independent,slightly introverted, and have a need for their own space and personal time. They like knowing someone is there..but dont like to be hovered over.

I think its just a natural progression fromt he basic stuff to the more intimate things..its not any different than how a regular person would act when getting to know someone

since he would be away he wanted her to think about what she was doing a bit more..so she wouldnt get into trouble! I think its sweet..like a little love note.."love you,thinking about you..NOW BE SAFE!"