Chapter 11 ~ Complications

Our chapter by chapter discussion area for Twilight.
eternal_love
Wandering Through Town

Post by eternal_love »

1. Each time they are in science class, Bella describes an electric-like current passing between her and Edward. What do you think this current is?

Physical Attraction.... :mrgreen:

2. During all the questions, we learn that the thing Edward asks the most about are books Bella has read. Why do you think he mostly asks about books?

I think the books you read reflect you're mind. Maybe Edward think that to :lol:

3. What type of books do you think Bella mentions?

Lovestorys. Jane-Austen-Novels. Books about relationships and emotions

4. What was your reaction to hearing what twilight is like for vampires.

I felt sorry for Edward, that the vampires can't sleep. When you're hundred years don't sleep. It's just - sad!

iheartedcullen
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Chapter Eleven ~ Complications

Post by iheartedcullen »

1. Each time they are in science class, Bella describes an electric-like current passing between her and Edward. What do you think this current is?

Sexual tension...

2. During all the questions, we learn that the thing Edward asks the most about are books Bella has read. Why do you think he mostly asks about books?

I think you can learn a lot about a person by deciphering what they read. For example, we are all cool because we've read *these* books.

A lot of the classics. When she gets her list of books to read for school, she mentions she's already read them all.

I felt sad for Edward. It must be so confining.

hope4eternity
Settled in Forks

Twilight - The safest part of the day for us

Post by hope4eternity »

I am still trying to understand why Edwards, says in two parts of the book that "it is the safest part of the day for us." Us not just him. I understand the saddness he seems to express when saying his perspective on the passage of time but it doesn't satisfy my question about how he said the "safest part for us." Is it safest for other humans? Seems that if a vampire is thirsty it doesn't matter what time of day it is. If it is safest for vampires why? Safe in what way? Night or day poses no danger, maybe exposure by the sun, but then wouldn't total darkness be safer. Twilight is between day and night. Sorry for the rambling I'm just trying to work it out.

SO ... Anyone have more specific thoughts on the "safest for us" and not that it's just a sad time for Edward. Otherwise he might of just as said, "It's the saddest part of the day for me."

Edward<3
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Edward<3 »

Love, Chemistry, an undeniable reason for them to be together!!!!!

He's pretty old-fashioned, and they didnt have computers when he was young....or younger? haha. it was probably una pasatiempo (a pasttime) for him! besides most of them were probably published when he was "alive."

the classics, baby!

i was a bit intrigued. it seems like its the best time for vampires. night time is usually associated with danger, while for them its the opposite. but to be awake for the rest of eternity would really stink..wouldnt u get kind of bored? restless?
"Tell me what you want, and you can have it."
"You," I mumbled almost incoherently.
"I'm yours."

natanyx
Wandering Through Town

Post by natanyx »

Hormones, love, lust, all those good things.

Or perhaps Edward is just a good source of electricity. :p

He could be wondering if that's were she picked up her POV about "traditional" vampires, or confirming that he is interested in a girl who has some kind of intellect, and because it's probably a favorite activity/relaxation for him.

Judging on what has been mentioned, probably all the classics, yay. :) She could've also thrown in a few "modern" books that he may not of read, keep the conversation going and all.

I had to read it a few times to really grasp the meaning behind what Edward was explaining. I was always under the impression that twilight was a good thing, not bad, for vampires. So I was surprised, but it goes hand in hand in how Stephenie's vampires are "outside the box", if you get my meaning, they aren't stereotypical, they're unique yet rooted.

I run with vampires
Settled in Forks

Post by I run with vampires »

1. Each time they are in science class, Bella describes an eletric-like current passing between her and Edward. What do you think this current is?
I think it's physical attraction? I don't know

2. During all the questions, we learn that the thing Edward asks the most about are books Bella has read. Why do you think he mostly ask about books?
Because he wants he likes smart girls

I think she would mention books that are very classic with good plots and characters

4. What was your reaction to hearing what twilight is like for vampires
I think it makes since and its kind of sad and happy at the same time if that makes any since!
"His memorized my face the same way mine were tracing his and in the moments that his lips were free he whisperd my name"

I run with vampires
Settled in Forks

Post by I run with vampires »

1. Each time they are in science class, Bella describes an eletric-like current passing between her and Edward. What do you think this current is?
I think it's physical attraction? I don't know

2. During all the questions, we learn that the thing Edward asks the most about are books Bella has read. Why do you think he mostly ask about books?
Because he wants he likes smart girls

I think she would mention books that are very classic with good plots and characters

4. What was your reaction to hearing what twilight is like for vampires
I think it makes since and its kind of sad and happy at the same time if that makes any since!
"His memorized my face the same way mine were tracing his and in the moments that his lips were free he whisperd my name"

Linding
Teaching Eric Social Graces
Location: Biology -- exchanging electrical currents with Edward

Post by Linding »

Chemistry. That spark you get when you sit next to someone you have a crush on :)

Probably because it's easier for him to relate to Bella. Bella tends to favour more classical books that transcend time, like Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre. That way, Edward at least has something to relate to her with.

Also, I think you can tell a lot about a person through the books they read. Since Edward can't read Bella's mind, finding out about her books gives him an idea about how she thinks, what type of person she is, her morals, etc.

Wuthering Heights, since it pops up again later in the series. Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice. Dracula if she felt like being funny. :)

I was amused because I was still subscribing to the 'safest in pitch black night' idea that's generally associated with traditional vampire myths.

I was also pleased because I was waiting for the word to pop up. And it's really quite apt in describing the Cullens -- not completely black, but not completely white ...

twilight3
Wandering Through Town

My opinion

Post by twilight3 »

Their longing for each other, maybe feeling anxious

I agree with what is above, the books you read tell you more about the interest of a person and what they prefer and whatnot and since he can't get the information from mindreading..

Classics and romance, and a frightening read here or there

I was just glad the words wasn't used in a cheesy way, that made it obvious it was the title of the book
[img]http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd294/schesly1/twilightbanner.jpg[/img]

StummeSchreie
Wandering Through Town

Post by StummeSchreie »

Bella really wants to touch him, because she's never befote touched his body and they've known each other for not so short time.

About books, because Bella said in her narration, that she likes books.

Every kind of books.
It could be romance, fantasy, reading etc.

Nothing special... It was romantic.
I don't know why, but every scene in book, movie or something else where is THE NIGHT is for me exciting, romantic and not to forget.
For me every verse, which Edward talking is amazing.

Almost every, sorry.
Sometimes he lies and it's ...