Chapter 11 ~ Complications

Our chapter by chapter discussion area for Twilight.
pelirroja

Chapter 11 ~ Complications

Post by pelirroja »

chapter summary can be found here

1. Each time they are in science class, Bella describes an electric-like current passing between her and Edward. What do you think this current is?

2. During all the questions, we learn that the thing Edward asks the most about are books Bella has read. Why do you think he mostly asks about books?

3. What type of books do you think Bella mentions?

4. What was your reaction to hearing what twilight is like for vampires.

j-margaret
Settled in Forks

Post by j-margaret »

1.Each time they are in science class, Bella describes an electric-like current passing between her and Edward. What do you think this current is?

Love.

2. During all the questions, we learn that the thing Edward asks the most about are books Bella has read. Why do you think he mostly asks about books?

Maybe because he wants to know what sort of stories she believes and the kind she doesn't. It could be he was trying to see if she liked folklore.

Probably fantasy, or fiction.

I was surprised how he described it as the safest time for vampires.
And I say baby,
Yes I feel stupid to call you,
But I'm lonely
And I don't think you meant it when you said you couldn't love me
And I thought maybe if I kissed the way you do,
You'd feel it too

~Sorry, Maria Meana

Catty1090
Settled in Forks

Post by Catty1090 »

1. Each time they are in science class, Bella describes an electric-like current passing between her and Edward. What do you think this current is?
chemestry. ofcorse
I think he likes books just as much as much as she does, and I think he is trying to get a sense about her.
Classics. Lots of Jane austen
It broke my heart a little. I felt bad for edward
<i>"If he loved you with all the power of his soul for a whole lifetime, he couldn't love you as much as I do in a single day,"</i>
<b>-Heathcliff, Wuthering Heights</b>

lies_and_liability
Wandering Through Town

Post by lies_and_liability »

Attraction. seems to be the favorite answer. and love. so i agree

Maybe to see more about what she does in her free time? to divulge more deeply into her personality. because i think what you read kind of reflects the type of personality you have. but thats my opinion.

I agree with the classics reply. jane austen. some emily bronte. stuff like that.

4. What was your reaction to hearing what twilight is like for vampires?

It made me sad, to think of being confined to that part of the day for the rest of your life. just because its the safest, that must be unbearable sometimes for edward and his family.

megan
Do You Remember Running Through the Sprinklers That Night??
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/lies_and_mixtapes/z8287345.png[/img][img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/lies_and_mixtapes/z40784612.gif[/img][img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a84/lies_and_mixtapes/z35787815.png[/img]
"Theres a BIG lake out there swimming with a ton more seahorses."-Molly

Hellish Red Devil
Beta Extraordinaire

Post by Hellish Red Devil »

Electric currents of passion, baby! :lol: Chemistry, basically.

Because Bella's a bookworm, and that's the best way to get her talking about herself. I'm sure Edward took all of her favorites to heart and mulled them over for days, hehe.

I agree with the others. Classics, mostly. Jane Austen, the Bronte sisters, Shakespeare, perhaps a bit of Louisa May Alcott.

I was like, "Hmm, interesting...," and then I kept reading, haha.

Taxi
On a Pixie Stick Sugar Hi

Post by Taxi »

The hardly suppressible need to launch at each other. My take: they want each other that badly. Oh yes.

Probably because Bella is quite a little bibliophile, and Edward has probably read enough books to consider himself one also.

Jane Austen for sure.

To be honest, I really didn't brood over this all that much...
<center>[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/heyquitpeeking/Yoyo/ban.png[/img]</center>

Bellawannabe
Settled in Forks

Re: Chapter Eleven ~ Complications

Post by Bellawannabe »

attraction and wants that they were so separated from before bella knew about edward. now as they feel more of a connection between eachother they really do want to be closer.. in more than one way!

because, duh, bellas smarter than the rest of the student body, from what edward had seen while doing the bio lab with her. he also knows because of the point where he was watching bella read jane austen books, which are difficult to read. although stephenie doesnt say it, she means us to think it when she says bella doesnt feel alone and we learn later that edward did follow/ watch her a lot

well since she takes out one of her favorite books, a collection of jane austen novels, i would say older stuff with older dialogue. bella just seems like that kind of person anyway. shes a smart gal.

4. What was your reaction to hearing what twilight is like for vampires

nothing much... all i really thought was "HA, the name of the book! so thats why it was named that" but really it makes sense cause the sun will be down and theres no chance of the weather clearing up and you getting busted.
"It's possible to take bravery to the point where it becomes an insanity." - Bella (Twilight)

darcylover
Settled in Forks

Post by darcylover »

its just what happens when being with the person you love.

maybe b/c he saw her reading outside one day. maybe he likes to read...

classics like Pride and Prejudice. a lot of Jane Austen

i was surprised. i thought that the coming of night would have been more dangerous. at night people feel...alive. i would have thought that vampires would give over to their instincs most at this time more than any other
"You must know... surely, you must know it was all for you....you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love... I love... I love you."
-Mr. Darcy

Josie
Settled in Forks

Post by Josie »

love. I think Stephine was trying to tell us that there love was so strong that they could feel it not only emotionally but phisically as well.

You know I've been thinking the same thing and even read the book as much as I have (I stop counting it's outrageous!) no idea so all I can leave you with is a not to good idea but I guess that's why Alphie asks these questions. oppinions. As much as Edward wanted to know Bella inside and out he didn't at that point anyway. So I suppose he saw her reading once and since close to none of Edward's questions to Bella were mentioned in Twilight, he probaly saw by her answers that she liked to read. (And I just remembered he saw her diside to go to the book store in Port Angeles. Even though Bella didn't end up going in.)

classic books to escape in , long, romantic , and fictional!

It was over powering it made Complacation one of the best chapters and to be honest it was so well writen I got teary. :cry: I can't get over it. (if you don't believe me ask my friends.)
What an INCREDIBLELY smart lamb!
Got Twilight?
I'm betting on Alice.

Lomesir22
Rapier Wit Hurts, Don't Make Me Stab You

Post by Lomesir22 »

The electricity that results from sitting next to the person you're in love/falling in love with.

Probably because he likes to read.

Old romances, Jane Austen, the Brontes, etc. And maybe some Shakespeare. Somehow, I can see her liking Sherlock Holmes.

"So that's where the title came from!" I though it was interesting, though I don't fully understand it.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/lomesir/jaspershair.jpg[/img]