Imprinting....As good as human love?

Welcome to our debate forum where we will have hot topics for you to discuss weekly. Just as a reminder we will only leave topics open for the week and then start a new one.

Postby DefyxGravity » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:13 pm

cataclysm wrote:
DefyxGravity wrote:snip

however, Jacob never imprinted on Bella, so theyre not really 'soul mates'...theyre just in love. Which is unfortunate because they cant do anything about it since Bellas affections for Edward are so much stronger than hers for Jacob.

No, Jacob and Bella are not just in love. They are soulmates. It's even mentioned in the book. But like you said, her connection to Edward is stronger.

hmmm...your right. Okay, so let me rephrase what i said, because i was attempting to get at something else, but it came out weird...

**Alright, so what i was getting at was this(mind you, everything im typing is coming straigt from my mind without 'editing'...im not sure if it would make sense...): even though Jacob never imprinted on Bella, i think in his mind, its the same thing. To him, Bella is everything and he feels that if she were with him, shed be safe. They are soulmates in every way, in fact theyre perfect for eachother, but from what i gather, imprinting starts a connection so much stronger than just being soulmates...kind of like the connection between Edward and Bella. However, since Bella and Edward's connection is so strong, i dont think even the strongest form of love between Jake and Bella could change her mind. Being soulmates isnt enough to make her want to leave Edward or want to stay with Jake.

However, now that i think about it...in the Bella-Edward-Jake triange...i dont think its fair to determine anything under the 'human love' classification, as Bellas love for Edward is in fact, very inhuman...its stronger than any human love ive ever heard of...and i...okay. I think ive confused everyone now. Im shutting up ^^
Mike Newton...The Shia LeBouf of Forks!!! <3<3<3

DefyxGravity
Buying a Better Raincoat

Postby December » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:41 pm

Hi everyone! What a great conversation this has been -- I've got a long long list of posts I'd been hoping to reply to...and frustratingly, this has been an insanely busy week for me.

Just to let you all know -- there's no new topic this week since the Lex is closing tomorrow at 9pm EST (see announcement on the front page). But we'll carry on with the present topic until closing time tomorrow. Keep up the wonderful posts!
adultae lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis
December
Banging out dents with Tyler

Postby December » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:53 pm

Hey everyone, thanks for a wonderful month of debate and discussion. Such a variety of insights and perspectives! Kudos to everyone for all the thought-provoking posts -- and for keeping the conversation so good-humoured and respectful of one another.

Not long now till Breaking Dawn. See you all in a few weeks.
adultae lexiconum recipientes nuntiis singulis
December
Banging out dents with Tyler

Previous

Return to The Great Debate