Question About Borders Party

For those of you looking to connect with others regarding release parties/events for The Host and Breaking Dawn
Chezzle
Settled in Forks

Question About Borders Party

Post by Chezzle »

Alright, I'm a Harry Potter fan, so I've been to two of the midnight parties at this same Borders, which is in Waldorf, Maryland. I guess procedures go basically the same for every Borders? I was just wondering how you go about getting your place in line and such.

What I did for Harry Potter was pre-ordered the book first like a few weeks before it came out. And then the day of the party, I went to Borders when it opened and waited in line outside the store with other people. When I got in, they gave me a wristband that basically said what place in line you got.

Do you think that's the same thing they'll do for Breaking Dawn? I hope this post makes sense, haha.
lettersnaps
Settled in Forks

Post by lettersnaps »

hey. i work at borders and i am in charge of the twilight party at my store. things will vary from store to store, but as far as i know, here's how it should go:

1) reserve your copy of the book now.
2) the day of the midnight party, you should be able to go to the store and get a wristband. some stores might not do this if they do not think they will have a crowd big enough to need wristbands. if used, the wristbands will denote which order you get to buy the book in.
3) the party activities should begin at 9:30 pm. you can definitely hang around the store before then.

if you have more questions, you can totally talk to the person in charge of the party at your store, or you can ask me, as i'd be happy to help!
CamberXite
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by CamberXite »

^ Thanks for the info! :D
<center>[img]http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6910/heartci7.png[/img]
[color=black][b] ✖ Chicken Noodle Soup and 2 Sodas on The Side! Aussie at heart !! ✖
Awesome banner and avie by Kit! <3[/color][/b]

[b][url=http://roomofrequirement.omgforum.net]CLICK HERE! ♥ Check Yes Juliet! ♥[/url][/b]<center>
Makiie
Settled in Forks

Post by Makiie »

How much in advance should we preorder our books? I'm still unsure of which book store I'm going to and I'm in NYC that night for the BD tour so I might not be able to preorder my book at whatever store I end up choosing. Will I be able to still purchase a wristband day of? I've done something like that when on the road for a HP release.
lettersnaps
Settled in Forks

Post by lettersnaps »

you can preorder a book whenever you want to, we started taking reserves months and months ago. i think you should be ok even if you don't preorder, but to be safe, i might figure out which stores it might be more likely for you to end up going to, and then reserve a copy from each. it won't hurt the store to have an extra reservation or 2, and you won't be obligated to buy the book, but that way, you're covering all your bases just in case!
Chezzle
Settled in Forks

Post by Chezzle »

Thanks, lettersnaps! You're a lifesaver. :]
TwilightIsLife<33
Settled in Forks

Post by TwilightIsLife<33 »

Is preordering it the same thing as reserving it?
I just preordered it with normal shipping and stuff and I was curious as to if I did that right thing... :?
vegasn8ive
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by vegasn8ive »

If you pre-order from Amazon or somewhere, they will ship it to your address. When you reserve a copy, you either do it at the store or select the option to "pick-up in store" through Borders or B&N online store.
Be yourself! Everyone else is taken.