NYC Nokia Theater Signing/Concert - Release Party Nearby?

For those of you looking to connect with others regarding release parties/events for The Host and Breaking Dawn
Makiie
Settled in Forks

NYC Nokia Theater Signing/Concert - Release Party Nearby?

Post by Makiie »

I'm hoping to get tickets to go to the signing/concert at the Nokia theater, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a midnight release party nearby, as I won't have time to get home to my own state's release party from there.

As I don't know what time I'll get out, even just a bookstore that's open until midnight and would supply me with BD would be awesome.

Hopes this also helps anyone else with my train of thought :wink:
BemyEdwardCullen
Settled in Forks

Post by BemyEdwardCullen »

I'm hoping to go to that too. I'm really excited! But I don't know of anywhere that will be open that late. I'm not from NY and will be traveling up there. But I'd be interested to know as well. Do you know if we can bring a book for SM to sign or are we only allowed to get the thing that they give us signed? Cus I'd really like to have a book signed.
I was perfect- not healed, but as if there had been no wound in the first place.
Makiie
Settled in Forks

Post by Makiie »

I've got a 2 1/2 hour drive on a good day, so I'd be cutting it close if I tried to drive home.

I know there's a huge B&N a little ways away from Times Square, but I don't know their business hours/if they would be willing to sell BD at midnight. I can't think of any Borders that are close though since they're sponsoring a midnight release :?

I think you're only allowed to have the bookplate signed, if given the choice, I'd let my old battered copy of Twilight get an autograph, the poor thing deserves it.

I want Justin Furstenfeld to sign my copy of Foiled because that would just make my life complete, but I don't think he's signing anything. I'll have to content myself with just watching him.
zerolover34
Completely Dazzled!

Post by zerolover34 »

i really hope there is a realse party near by becuase i really want to go to this signing but i will not have enought time to drive back to vermont so hopefully a bookstore does one near by

Kendra
[img]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll208/CamberXite/Harry-1.jpg[/img]
[url]http://roomofrequirement.omgforum.net/index.htm[/url]
Room of Requirement Forum! CLICK!

Awesome banner made by CamberXite

Accio Edward Cullen!
zerolover34
Completely Dazzled!

Post by zerolover34 »

ok so i went to look for a realse party look at what i found

August 01, 2008
10:00 PM
Breaking Dawn Event
Breaking Dawn Release Party
Teen Barnes & Noble Booksellers
Union Square
Union Square
33 East 17th Street
New York, NY 10003
212-253-0810

so i found one i am mapquesting it right now

EDIT:
ok i found it here is the link http://www.mapquest.com/mq/3-p2it

here are the directions
1: Start out going SOUTHWEST on BROADWAY/ 7TH AVE toward W 43RD ST. Continue to follow 7TH AVE.
1.0 miMap
2: Turn LEFT onto W 23RD ST.
0.4 miMap Avoid
3: Turn RIGHT onto BROADWAY.
0.3 miMap Avoid
4: Turn LEFT onto E 17TH ST.
0.0 miMap Avoid
5: End at 33 E 17th St # 1 New York, NY 10003 Map
Estimated Time: 6 minutes
Estimated Distance: 1.74 miles

ok i hope this helps i hope i see you there

Kendra
[img]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll208/CamberXite/Harry-1.jpg[/img]
[url]http://roomofrequirement.omgforum.net/index.htm[/url]
Room of Requirement Forum! CLICK!

Awesome banner made by CamberXite

Accio Edward Cullen!
Makiie
Settled in Forks

Post by Makiie »

Awesome!
I'm so excited, I managed to get some of the presale tickets!
Hope to see you both there!
ShanaS
Settled in Forks

Post by ShanaS »

Your best bet will be to take the subway (it won't let me write which subway because it's a single letter) from Times Square to Union Square because that's one hell of a walk. A cab would be good too.

I didn't go to the HP7 release party at Union Square, but it was utter craziness based on some videos I saw.

I just got tickets for the Nokia show, but I'm undecided if I should head straight to Union Square afterward or wait until my local NJ Barnes and Nobles releases at 9am the following day. Either way, I doubt I'll stay up all night reading so maybe I should just save myself the headache and get it the next morning.
jamilee
Settled in Forks

Post by jamilee »

I would really like to go to this, and I have been trying to get presale tickets for the past hour, but it says it can't find any, so I assume that means they sold out already?
Melbell_222
Learning to Love Green

Post by Melbell_222 »

jamilee wrote:I would really like to go to this, and I have been trying to get presale tickets for the past hour, but it says it can't find any, so I assume that means they sold out already?
I really want to go to the signing too and I keep getting the same thing you do, that they can't find any. I don't think they're sold out yet, maybe the amount of pre-tickets are sold out but not the full amount of tickets are. Try again on Saturday when they really go on sale, that's what I'm going to try.......
Makiie
Settled in Forks

Post by Makiie »

jamilee wrote:I would really like to go to this, and I have been trying to get presale tickets for the past hour, but it says it can't find any, so I assume that means they sold out already?
Yeah, they sold out like crazy. I didn't even bother with the website, I called the card member service about 15 minutes before they went on sale since I knew it'd be crazy to try and duke it out for them online.

The guy I talked to said it'd be much easier to try on Saturday, and if you call their service, they might help you get the tickets.