Greenville, SC BD Release Party

For those of you looking to connect with others regarding release parties/events for The Host and Breaking Dawn
bingocrepuscule99
Settled in Forks

Greenville, SC BD Release Party

Post by bingocrepuscule99 »

Hi! I'm Ashley and I have been obsessed with Twilight since it first came out in September of 2005 and I converted one of my best friends' Amber, who in turn has become just as obsessed as me. We live in the Greenville, SC area and have had a hard time getting Barnes & Nobles, and other book stores in our area to do a midnight release party. And we were wondering who out there in the Greenville, SC area is a twilight fan? And would be willing to join together to get a party together. We are also very eager to meet other Twilight fans in our area.

We know people who like Twilight but don't really care about it and all this madness going on with the movie &c. So, if you are as obsessed as us and want to see a Release party, let us know below in reply to this post.

We also know of this release party that will be going on in Easley, South Carolina at Poor Richards' Booksellers. Which is lovely if that is all we can get, but we've never been there. But what we would really like is a release party in Greenville.

So please reply and let us know so that we can somehow get together and plan this. Even if we have to do this at someones' house - which I'm willing to have it at my house - We just really want a release party anyway we can. Also setting up a midnight showing of Twilight the movie would also be a project to work on.

Thanks!
petullant
Settled in Forks

Re: Greenville, SC BD Release Party

Post by petullant »

bingocrepuscule99 wrote:We also know of this release party that will be going on in Easley, South Carolina at Poor Richards' Booksellers. Which is lovely if that is all we can get, but we've never been there. But what we would really like is a release party in Greenville.
But the party at Poor Richard's is going to be so awesome it will be worth the 1/2 hour drive from Greenville. It's also just a 1/2 hour drive from Clemson. (I live in Greenville and work in Easley and it's not a bad drive at all - I promise.)

Consider this your open invitation to:

Poor Richard's Booksellers
Breaking Dawn Midnight Release Party
Team Edward vs Team Jacob

The party is open to the public, and right now is slated to start at 11pm on Friday night. There will be gift bags, door prizes (autographed books!, apple iPod shuffle), food so good it would tempt even the Cullens, an Alice Fortune telling booth, and a Team Jacob vs Team Edward Family Feud game.

It starts late enough that there could so be a pre-party meetup. That would be so much fun.

Please pre-order your book to ensure a copy. If you pre-pay the price is $18.50 (25% off the list price plus sales tax).

With all the Harry Potter midnight parties everyone had their books in hand within just a few minutes after midnight. I try to get everyone their book as efficiently as possible so there's no waiting around.

Hopefully, some of y'all will be able to attend. Please feel free to PM me with any questions, directions, or to pre-order. (I've already spoken to bingo via pm. I hope it's ok if I crashed your thread too.) If you'd like me to mail you an invitation (for your scrapbook, as a keepsake, or just because), please let me know and I'd be happy to do so.

Here's the store's information:
Poor Richard's Booksellers
107 West Main Street
Easley SC 29640
864-859-0687
PoorRichardsBooksellers@yahoo.com
Normal Store Hours: Monday - Friday 10am to 6pm; Saturday 10am to 5pm
Our MySpace Page: http://www.myspace.com/prbooks
bingocrepuscule99
Settled in Forks

Poor Richards' is AWESOME

The invitation looks wonderful! And I'm so excited to be a part of this, hopefully more people will reply on here so we can the other Twilight Lexicon people in Greenville. And I didn't mean to sound offensive about your store, its just that I had never been there and was hoping my local B&N would host a party (which is within walking distance from my house) - But now I see this party as Poor Richards' are going to be way better than any party Barnes & Noble could ever throw. Thank you so much for doing this and we definitely need to plan a pre-party meetup...maybe a coffee shop near by or something? I'm really excited to dress up as well.

Thank you again. And I will be touch with you about my friend's address & such, I just have to wait for her to call me back...I'm actually at school right now, at my lunch so I have to wait until next period to see her.

I'm in my Newspaper staff room (lots of computers!) and this issue my friend and I (she is also on Newspaper) competed against each other in how many Twilight references we can get in this issue.

Thanks again & I can't wait to get an invite in the mail!
College_Student
Settled in Forks

Post by College_Student »

Hey, not to interrupt or anything, but I know that a couple of the Barnes & Nobles in Greenville are having a release party. Just in case anyone else can't make it to Easley. The ones on Haywood and Woodruff roads are hosting them. You can also look up other Barnes and Noble parties near you by going on the B&N website and clicking on Stores & Events in the top right corner.
"Coming home from very lonely places, all of us go a little mad: whether from great personal success, or just an all-night drive, we are the sole survivors of a world no one else has ever seen." ~ John le Carre
bingocrepuscule99
Settled in Forks

Yes, AshleyAsAlways I saw that B&N were hosting a party...a while ago. I posted this before they were even considering hosting a party...I asked them before and they looked at me like I was crazy...So, now apparently they see what a huge fanbase there is. I'm not planning on attending the Barnes and Nobles ones...personally I like the Poor Richards' store a lot better and I've already pre-ordered there and everything.

But, thanks regardless for pointing that out to me.